Author Topic: Baltimore Ravens - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!  (Read 9440 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Baltimore Ravens - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
« on: February 03, 2013, 07:45:01 PM »
Congrats to the champs.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Baltimore Ravens - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
Congrats indeed, I hated seeing that fucking fairy jacoby jones run back a kick off but I was glad to see Ray Rice and Flacco get a ring and to see all the Kaepernick fans and NFL "analyst" eat the words they had been shitting the past two weeks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »
Congrats indeed, I hated seeing that fucking fairy jacoby jones run back a kick off but I was glad to see Ray Rice and Flacco get a ring and to see all the Kaepernick fans and NFL "analyst" eat the words they had been shitting the past two weeks.

I thought the play calling on the niners last 4 plays was weak as well as the drive before.  Baltimore defense appeared gassed, but have to credit for preventing the final drive.  I have no hate for either team, so I was glad to see an exciting 2nd half.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:06:31 AM »
It was a good game and thats all I was hoping for

...at the end I thought taking the safety was great and was telling a friend that they should do it and run some time off the clock.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:01:12 AM »
Unbelievable feeling. This was so much more fulfilling than in 2000. Just a crazy season....Possibly losing Suggs for the year in the offseason...losing Webb for the season...possibly losing Ray for the season....Suggs comes back...The 41-13 loss to the Texans........the fourth and 29 against the Chargers...firing our offensive coordinator....Ray comes back...announces "LAST RIDE"....The Denver upset(NOBODY gave the Ravens a chance in that game)....The Patriots ass kicking.....finally bringing home the hardware.....never seen anything like it in one season in the NFL...Flacco is now ELITE. I guarantee he has a monster season next year.

What a way for Ray and Ed to go out as Ravens(I think he's NE patriot in 2013)

AMAZING!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »
disappointed with the final result but the game couldn't have gone better considering the matchup

no more hearing about the 49ers being undefeated in super bowls

ravens win guarantees that ray retires, if they lost he would've came back i would bet

flacco will get a monster contract which will prevent the ravens from signing other key guys,  he's not elite based on the last 3 games, i judge guys based on the entire body of work, he's in the second tier with ben, eli, and matt ryan

ravens fans will now get a dose of their own medicine constantly hearing how the refs "handed" them a super bowl, which i don't feel that they did but you can't deny the ravens got away with a lot of stuff

it gives me a lot of hope for my team in the future, steelers only lost one more game and beat the ravens with a 3rd string qb, almost beat them with a 2nd string qb with broken ribs, the men in black and gold aren't as far off as once thought

oh yeah the most important thing, steelers still sit alone at the top of the mountain with 6 super bowl titles 8)

congrats to the ravens and their fans, this is a super bowl run that will never be forgotten

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »
Solid post, Earl.....thanks!

I disagree about Ray coming back if they lost....He looks shot to me. He was getting killed trying to keep up with Vernon Davis on those crossing routes. And he was getting blocked out of a lot of plays. If he would have came back next season,he would've been a huge liability in pass coverage. And his ego would never allow to play only on 1st and 2nd downs.

As far as the penalties....I think the game was called pretty evenly. San Francisco got away with a few calls too. That hit on Flacco out of bounds was ridiculous. If that was Brady or Peyton, that would have been called every time.

The 49ers shot themselves in the foot. Stupid penalties and bad play-calling....especially during that final drive. I would have had Kaepernick try to run it in out of the shotgun. I'm actually very surprised the Ravens were able to sack him 3 times. The Ravens O-line played lights out once again. Think Flacco was only sacked once.

I thought Harbaugh's emotional outburts on the sideline were fucking hysterical. That guy really gets unwound during games. Hard to believe that John is so much more calmer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:49:55 AM »
Good game.  Props to the Ravens.  Flacco showed he's the real deal.  Baltimore better get their checkbook ready.   :) 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 10:57:43 AM »
Good game.  Props to the Ravens.  Flacco showed he's the real deal.  Baltimore better get their checkbook ready.   :) 

$18-10 MIL?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
$18-10 MIL?

Whatever the highest paid QB in the league is making, plus $1.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
Whatever the highest paid QB in the league is making, plus $1.

P. Manning is getting $20 i think

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:36:43 AM »
He'll get around 17-18 million a year over 6-7 years. Hopefully, he makes all of his $ upfront with signing bonus so that it gives our salary cap some more flexibility.

Having Lewis retire frees a lot of space so that we can sign Ellerbe and possibly Reed. Kruger is gone.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »
P. Manning is getting $20 i think

I think I read $18 mil?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 08:49:35 AM »

LOL...How does it feel to have such talented players leave the Texans and get a ring with the Ravens? Let's see...there's Jacoby Jones(wish you had him back I bet). Leach and Pollard too.

Jones is a beast. We call him the Dragonfly over here also. Best offseason acquisition in recent memory for the Ravens. Kid has ridiculous speed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
LOL...How does it feel to have such talented players leave the Texans and get a ring with the Ravens? Let's see...there's Jacoby Jones(wish you had him back I bet). Leach and Pollard too.

Jones is a beast. We call him the Dragonfly over here also. Best offseason acquisition in recent memory for the Ravens. Kid has ridiculous speed.
hahah absolutely fucking not on Jacoby Jones our return game is a lot better with manning or johnson returning the ball and he is at best a number 3 receiver. He should have been cut 2 years earlier.

Vonte Leach is a beast of a man and I loved watching him run ppl over. That being said we have a good full back who is a better receiver so we lose a little in the power running/blocking area but pick up in the versatility that James Casey brings to the table.

Pollard I think got a bad wrap in Houston, he was here when the defense and secondary in particular was just fucking atrocious. I dont think pollards strength is coverage he is a run stopping, hard hitting style of saftey. I feel manning is a bit of a lateral move when you take into account his return abilities.

So basically meh, continue to put faith in jacoby jones and he will let you down.

How do you feel about Flacco telling his line men to tackle the 49er's return man on the last punt if he broke free?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »
Watched the game at Buccaneer Beach bar in St Maarten. I put $100 down on the Ravens in June at 13-1 to win(as I did last year too) and was stoked when they pulled it off. That power outage really gave the Niners some life. Also, on the hold on the last play, it was a non call pretty consistent with how they were letting it play out all game. The late hit on Flacco, the major PI on Torrey which should've extended the drive or been a touchdown. And to the people who were complaining about the holding on the safety, no shit you hold, what are they going to do? The result would be the same, they throw a flag for the hold in the end one, which is a safety, and results in the same thing, a punt and no time left. Great game, I'll be satisfied a mediocre few years after this 5 year run.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 07:08:44 AM »
Watched the game at Buccaneer Beach bar in St Maarten. I put $100 down on the Ravens in June at 13-1 to win(as I did last year too) and was stoked when they pulled it off. That power outage really gave the Niners some life. Also, on the hold on the last play, it was a non call pretty consistent with how they were letting it play out all game. The late hit on Flacco, the major PI on Torrey which should've extended the drive or been a touchdown. And to the people who were complaining about the holding on the safety, no shit you hold, what are they going to do? The result would be the same, they throw a flag for the hold in the end one, which is a safety, and results in the same thing, a punt and no time left. Great game, I'll be satisfied a mediocre few years after this 5 year run.

dude...if you have any faith in your team and it's outstanding front office, then you better believe the Ravens will contend for years to come. We have so much young talent. We're not an 'old team' like other fans say we are. In fact, I think our defense is going to be much better with Ray gone. Definitely more athletic at the linebacker position with Ellerbe(who will be resigned) and Mclain in the middle of the defense.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »

Was definitely a hold and should have been called, but that's not the reason the Ravens won.  They just outplayed SF.  The Niners shouldn't have given up a 108 yard return. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »
Was definitely a hold and should have been called, but that's not the reason the Ravens won.  They just outplayed SF.  The Niners shouldn't have given up a 108 yard return.  

Definitely a hold...but you understand that getting the penalty would've still yielded the same result...a safety, which was the intended outcome. A penalty would've taken less time off the clock. I can't believe for a second that the 49ers didn't think Koch was taking a safety. He was back there all day running around even before the hold. The 49ers just floundered at the most critical times. The delay of game on 2nd down was huge. Kapernick looked like he had the entire playbook on his armband. Looking at all those plays in the huddle before every down is not going to give you a fast, hurry up tempo. Hopefully, he'll have the entire playbook down before next season.

If you mean the hold on Crabtree on the 4th down...please....refs are never going to call that in the superbowl. Besides...did you see Crabtree complaining that he didn't get the call? NO. The reason is because he was just as guilty for trying to push off and get separation. He jammed his forearm into Smith's helmet trying to create it. I thought it was a good no call.(of course I would think that but I'm also speaking logically)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »
Definitely a hold...but you understand that getting the penalty would've still yielded the same result...a safety, which was the intended outcome. A penalty would've taken less time off the clock. I can't believe for a second that the 49ers didn't think Koch was taking a safety. He was back there all day running around even before the hold. The 49ers just floundered at the most critical times. The delay of game on 2nd down was huge. Kapernick looked like he had the entire playbook on his armband. Looking at all those plays in the huddle before every down is not going to give you a fast, hurry up tempo. Hopefully, he'll have the entire playbook down before next season.

If you mean the hold on Crabtree on the 4th down...please....refs are never going to call that in the superbowl. Besides...did you see Crabtree complaining that he didn't get the call? NO. The reason is because he was just as guilty for trying to push off and get separation. He jammed his forearm into Smith's helmet trying to create it. I thought it was a good no call.(of course I would think that but I'm also speaking logically)

Was talking about the hold on Crabtree.  He grabbed Crabtree's jersey.  That's a hold inside or beyond 5 yards.  It's a hold in the first quarter.  It's a hold in the fourth quarter.  But I'm not losing any sleep over it.  Like I said, that's not the reason the Niners lost.  They got away with a late hit on Flacco.  Gave up a return.  Had lousy play calling on their last drive.  Got outplayed by a mile in the first half, etc., etc.  The Ravens deserved the win.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 03:49:13 PM »
None of it changes the fact the Ravens had all their time outs and would have had well over a minute to just get into field goal range. With the best return game in the NFL, and the seventh best kicker, in a dome, I like their chances even had they scored a TD.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
where is old school flip?

he seemed pretty confident the 49ers would win

the moment the packers won 2 years ago he was here immediately to gloat about the steelers winning

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 08:25:31 PM »
None of it changes the fact the Ravens had all their time outs and would have had well over a minute to just get into field goal range. With the best return game in the NFL, and the seventh best kicker, in a dome, I like their chances even had they scored a TD.
the best return game?

ill have to see some stats to back up that claim...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »
the best return game?

Any team coached by John Harbaugh is going to have a decent special teams. I would say the Ravens are in the top 5. Jacoby Jones scored 5 TD's on punt and KO returns. That's a bunch.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 07:06:31 PM »
the best return game?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Easiest I could find, not sure of the validity. I thought jacoby jones had the best return average in the NFL, that's what I'm basing it off of. Plus, he set the record for a return earlier in the half. :D