Author Topic: The hypocrisy of US media towards military deaths  (Read 1992 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
The hypocrisy of US media towards military deaths
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:38 AM »
When that Libya attacked happened and that Navy Seal got killed the media was all over it.  They did features about navy SEALs, how amazing and elite they are and what a tragedy it was.  The same about this new guy being killed at a gun range.  But what they don't tell you is how the US military and government shits on them once they leave.

In San Diego there is a tent city near downtown where a lot of veterans go for shelter and free food after being forgotten by the government.  One guy in particular was a Navy SEAL.  He has PTSD and barely sleeps at night.  He goes there for somewhere to sleep at night.

The media goes on and on about what amazing heroes they are yet you have people like the one mentioned about that no one gives a fuck about.

This shit makes me sick.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: The hypocrisy of US media towards military deaths
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »
That's what happens when people expect the government to take care of them.  Go make a difference and help these guys out, no one else is going to and if you expect the government to do it then you are living in a dream world.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
When that Libya attacked happened and that Navy Seal got killed the media was all over it.  They did features about navy SEALs, how amazing and elite they are and what a tragedy it was.  The same about this new guy being killed at a gun range.  But what they don't tell you is how the US military and government shits on them once they leave.

In San Diego there is a tent city near downtown where a lot of veterans go for shelter and free food after being forgotten by the government.  One guy in particular was a Navy SEAL.  He has PTSD and barely sleeps at night.  He goes there for somewhere to sleep at night.

The media goes on and on about what amazing heroes they are yet you have people like the one mentioned about that no one gives a fuck about.

This shit makes me sick.

Not to mention the total lack of mentioning civilian and military deaths on the other side. Civilian deaths in Iraq and afghanistan are estimate at 500,000 fucking mental.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »
Not to mention the total lack of mentioning civilian and military deaths on the other side. Civilian deaths in Iraq and afghanistan are estimate at 500,000 fucking mental.
I would guess those numbers to be much higher.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »

This shit makes me sick.

Haha. Those "Navy Seals" with PTSD on the streets are full of shit.

It takes a certain person to be in the Special Forces and they usually end up very successful outside of the military also.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »

This shit makes me sick.

the media are scum girls, there to serve their political masters. of course they won't draw the moronic publics attention to what's really going on

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »

It takes a certain person to be in the Special Forces and they usually end up very successful outside of the military also.

Special as in psychotic?  Who else can witness all that death and not be bothered?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »
How do you know he was navy seal? You wouldn't believe the amount of people that claim to be ex mil.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:52:30 PM »
Special as in psychotic?  Who else can witness all that death and not be bothered?

The whole of Europe came out of WWII without living on the side of a freeway asking for handouts and they experienced way more killing and terror than most trained troops.

Imagine being a little kid in England and being carpet-bombed nightly. Yet most were able to rebuild and lead good lives. Why not our men?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:57:25 PM »
The whole of Europe came out of WWII without living on the side of a freeway asking for handouts and they experienced way more killing and terror than most trained troops.

Imagine being a little kid in England and being carpet-bombed nightly. Yet most were able to rebuild and lead good lives. Why not our men?

I think seeing death and being the one that inflicts the death are a little different.  When being told to invade a home to kill a wanted terrorits and shoot to kill and when the smoke clears all you see are dead kids and women and no "terrorists"  You start to doubt humanity

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
I think seeing death and being the one that inflicts the death are a little different.  When being told to invade a home to kill a wanted terrorits and shoot to kill and when the smoke clears all you see are dead kids and women and no "terrorists"  You start to doubt humanity

I guess in your mind, this happened every 5 minutes.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

exactly, Navy Seals are paid upwards of 60+k a yr, granted not nearly enough for what they do; but enough to keep them off the streets.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »
exactly, Navy Seals are paid upwards of 60+k a yr, granted not nearly enough for what they do; but enough to keep them off the streets.

Money doesn't solve the fragile mental state they end up being in.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »

Go kill 10 arab kids then come back and tell us how well adjusted you feel. hell just go watch somebody else kill them while you stand by. All the money in the world does nothing for your mind state. Rich folk commit suicide all the time. It is not easy to kill. Dont be fooled by the military ads and the war mongering media...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
Go kill 10 arab kids then come back and tell us how well adjusted you feel. hell just go watch somebody else kill them while you stand by. All the money in the world does nothing for your mind state. Rich folk commit suicide all the time. It is not easy to kill. Dont be fooled by the military ads and the war mongering media...
Check what I said, I didn't say well adjusted....
Remember, I have relatives who are veterans, and I live in Annapolis--and I have neighbors who are veterans.

I spoke on how much Seals can make, and how some guy claiming to be a "Seal" is supposedly homeless.
Some of these men get top notch treatment in Bethesda...and rolling in Range Rovers. Granted their mental health might not be good, but some are making out far better than the run of the mill grunt coming home.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
 But what they don't tell you is how the US military and government shits on them once they leave.

Why don't you tell us, then? The fact is that financially speaking, military personnel are very well taken care of, earning comparable total compensation to members of the private sector with similar experience and educational attainment, in addition to substantial after-service benefits.

I'm not personally aware of the amount of mental health treatment veterans are entitled to, but it seems clear that it needs revising. Is the fact that it is inadequate really constitute "shitting on" these people, though -- especially given the financial windfalls the government is showering on them?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 03:59:44 PM »
Why don't you tell us, then? The fact is that financially speaking, military personnel are very well taken care of, earning comparable total compensation to members of the private sector with similar experience and educational attainment, in addition to substantial after-service benefits.

I'm not personally aware of the amount of mental health treatment veterans are entitled to, but it seems clear that it needs revising. Is the fact that it is inadequate really constitute "shitting on" these people, though -- especially given the financial windfalls the government is showering on them?
This.

They are not "shitted on" in any way, there is plenty of ways for vets to get help, the problem is most of the ones you see are either fakers (especially common with the hobo's or just fucking lazy.).

Ones that are fucked up from combat I feel bad for, but not the ones that sit on a corner and beg for change. That is a fucking choice.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
All i can say is the UK is worse than the US..we hava a total idiot as Prime Minister who is cutting War Vetrens Pensions..a Disgrace .. mine will be cut.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 04:06:08 PM »
Special as in psychotic?  Who else can witness all that death and not be bothered?

some of them cave in to the ptsd or they turn out to be predatory to achieve success.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »
This.

They are not "shitted on" in any way, there is plenty of ways for vets to get help, the problem is most of the ones you see are either fakers (especially common with the hobo's or just fucking lazy.).

Ones that are fucked up from combat I feel bad for, but not the ones that sit on a corner and beg for change. That is a fucking choice.
mate donīt waste your breath because most of these kids have never even seen a uniform.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
The men of World War II were from the greatest generation. They fought horrific battles and came back building the country into the envy of the world. Now every other veteran wants a check for life. It's generation nothing. Don't think for one minute I don't have any compassion for guys in battle. Just making an observation.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
The men of World War II were from the greatest generation. They fought horrific battles and came back building the country into the envy of the world. Now every other veteran wants a check for life. It's generation nothing. Don't think for one minute I don't have any compassion for guys in battle. Just making an observation.

The Vietnam war was the start of this pussy shit. It's gotten steadily worse every year and war since then.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
The Vietnam war was the start of this pussy shit. It's gotten steadily worse every year and war since then.
well big shot tell us your experience

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
well big shot tell us your experience

Well, after the Agent Orange rained down on me and caused me to become a bum etc., etc., etc....

I'm not talking about the military at all in this. Just the parasites like the media and politicians that  reward these cheating scumbags that sully the military by claiming to be fake Seals or earning fake medals. If we could weed out these frauds we could distribute the money to the vets that really need it.

Notice how the Anti-Vietnam movement manipulated the media by parading out these washed out vets.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:47 PM »
shut your fucking mouth you MAGGOT