Author Topic: Ron Paul just jumped the shark.  (Read 3448 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Ron Paul just jumped the shark.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »
theres nothing absurd about it.

thats one of the smartest things he has ever said.

violence begets violence.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »
theres nothing absurd about it.

thats one of the smartest things he has ever said.

violence begets violence.

Ridiculous.   

So every person murdered at some point did something in their life to deserve it? 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »
lol

thats not what he said

he said = live by the sword, die by the sword

which means = if you kill people, you will likely be killed  (karma)

make your living by shooting people = end up getting shot ....   = sounds like karma

:)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »
lol

thats not what he said

he said = live by the sword, die by the sword

which means = if you kill people, you will likely be killed  (karma)

make your living by shooting people = end up getting shot ....   = sounds like karma

:)

You ignored my point. 

Tons of people die who never did anything wrong - whats their karma? 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
who ever claimed that every death was the result of karma ?  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »

You ignored my point. 

You honestly can't be surprised by this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
who ever claimed that every death was the result of karma ?  ;D

So then how does ron paul know this one was by karma?  

Kyle was trying to help this guy out from what reports we have seen,  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 01:00:11 PM »
So then how does ron paul know this one was by karma?  

Kyle was trying to help this guy out from what reports we have seen,  
he didnt claim to know it was by karma, he just pointed out that the situation fit perfectly with the saying "live by the sword, die by the sword"   :) and it does..  :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »
he didnt claim to know it was by karma, he just pointed out that the situation fit perfectly with the saying "live by the sword, die by the sword"   :) and it does..  :)

So if I go to a gun range for trap shooting and skeet and some loon kills me its karma?   Live by the gun diie by the gun? 

How about a salesperson who drives around for new customers and gets run over crossing the street to an appointment?   Live by the car die by the car? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
uh, Paul is questioning the logic behind taking someone suffering from a mental disorder to the firing range.  It is kinda stupid.  Its playing with fire.

Paul isn't saying anything in favor of gun control.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »

Actually it doesn't   He wasn't engaged in any violence thus no irony which is necessary for the saying to be applicable.   The simply fact that he was in possession of a weapon does not translate into living by the sword.  He was actually attempting to help a former soldier suffering from PTSD.

Now a gang member who goes out and causes violence and death who in turn is murdered is living and dying by the sword. 
A

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:49 PM »

Actually it doesn't   He wasn't engaged in any violence thus no irony which is necessary for the saying to be applicable.   The simply fact that he was in possession of a weapon does not translate into living by the sword.  He was actually attempting to help a former soldier suffering from PTSD.

Now a gang member who goes out and causes violence and death who in turn is murdered is living and dying by the sword. 
in the same quote, Paul give the context for his use of the saying as, "Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"  That's what Paul's statement is about, not being in possession of a firearm.  Paul is not against that in anyway so to apply his use of the saying to mean that just doesn't make any sense.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
uh, Paul is questioning the logic behind taking someone suffering from a mental disorder to the firing range.  It is kinda stupid.  Its playing with fire.

Paul isn't saying anything in favor of gun control.

Eggsactly! 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »
in the same quote, Paul give the context for his use of the saying as, "Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense"  That's what Paul's statement is about, not being in possession of a firearm.  Paul is not against that in anyway so to apply his use of the saying to mean that just doesn't make any sense.

Exactly.  I was answering tbombz misunderstanding of the phrase.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
I don't really see anything wrong with what RP said. It's probably true on more than one level.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
dude is an american hero.

however he should have never brought someone who was batshit crazy with them to the range.  guns will make a crazy person, well, crazier!

If you know someone has PTSD, you DONT take them to a gun range to blow off steam.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »
dude is an american hero.

however he should have never brought someone who was batshit crazy with them to the range.  guns will make a crazy person, well, crazier!

If you know someone has PTSD, you DONT take them to a gun range to blow off steam.
Kind of a stupid statement brah.

Firearms don't have any magical powers that make people go crazy, they're inanimate objects.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
Isnt Ron Paul a little old to Tweet?

I thought i was too old and im not even half his age.
I can't understand why anyone would use "twitter" ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »
So if I go to a gun range for trap shooting and skeet and some loon kills me its karma?   Live by the gun diie by the gun?  

How about a salesperson who drives around for new customers and gets run over crossing the street to an appointment?   Live by the car die by the car?  

fellas, this guy spent his adult life killing people. he lived by the gun. its how he made his money.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
fellas, this guy spent his adult life killing people. he lived by the gun. its how he made his money.
I gotta agree here,... not saying it's right... but he is walking personification of "lived by the sword, died by the sword". Dude was a warrior, he went out the same way he lived. Such is life.

As far as Paul's quote, I think it was referencing the whole "taking a war traumatized Marine to a firing range" issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »

Firearms don't have any magical powers that make people go crazy, they're inanimate objects.

dude, i've been immersed in the gun cluture for my whole life.
i've been surrounded by crazy people my whole life.  half my family on meds, the other half needs them haha.

guns turn an insecure, messed up person into a seriously dangerous as$hole. This is a fact i'll attest to.

if a person has PTSD, you don't surround them with gunfire and hand them a handgun. you take them to a lake, smoke some pot and talk about grandkids, for fcks sake!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 04:16:33 PM »

firearms, for this nutbag with post-traumatic stress, were a trigger that returned him to some violent place.

kinda foreseeable too. 

i know people that are batshit crazy.  I meet them at the mall, not the gun range.  some folks, you just KNOW they're not all there.  I dont talk guns or knives with them.  I talk weather and movies.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 04:18:49 PM »
I gotta agree here,... not saying it's right... but he is walking personification of "lived by the sword, died by the sword". Dude was a warrior, he went out the same way he lived. Such is life.

As far as Paul's quote, I think it was referencing the whole "taking a war traumatized Marine to a firing range" issue.
from what i understand, twitter has a very short limit on post length.  i think ron paul was probably making two separate points. 

1) live by the sword die by the sword

2) it wasnt a great idea to have a guy with ptsd at the firing range