Author Topic: Ron Paul just jumped the shark.  (Read 3434 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ron Paul just jumped the shark.
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:34 PM »
i hate gun ranges, to be honest.  its always some mean old guys and some young prick idiots who dont know what the fck they are doing.  i actually pay more to shoot at the highly regulated indoor range (where they video monitor and yell at you for rapid fire) cause I know they aren't going to allow that bullshite.

since the whoel 'obaam gonna steeeeeel our guns' thing is all the rage, ranges are full of paranoid ass-hats who dont know what cold range means. :(

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 04:24:18 PM »
firearms, for this nutbag with post-traumatic stress, were a trigger that returned him to some violent place.

kinda foreseeable too. 

i know people that are batshit crazy.  I meet them at the mall, not the gun range.  some folks, you just KNOW they're not all there.  I dont talk guns or knives with them.  I talk weather and movies.

that's right,just seen a doctor on tv and said the same thing,but i think i'd listen to the getbig crew they're always right  :D :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
if a person has PTSD, you don't surround them with gunfire and hand them a handgun. you take them to a lake, smoke some pot and talk about grandkids, for fcks sake!
Totally agree, but firearms in and of themselves don't make people crazy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »
Ok, look at this...  

"Police records from Lancaster show Routh was taken to mental hospital on Sept. 2 after threatening to kill his family and then commit suicide."

"Dallas police records show Routh was taken back to the same mental hospital Jan. 19 after a woman called police and said she feared for Routh's safety." http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/navy-seal-died-pursuing-passion-18397393

Clearly not someone in a state that should be helped by taking them shooting.  Paul is dead on to question why Kyle would take this guy to a gun range.  But that's what Kyle was best at and that's how he chose to help Routh and it doesn't make very much sense.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
Still.  Low class to tweet that.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »

guns will make a crazy person, well, crazier!

One of the dumber statements you've ever said (and that's saying a lot).

How do you know you don't take someone there? Seems like Kyle did this with more than one person. Maybe he found it to be a good way for them to cope with the change back to civilian life?

I know the armchair experts on here think they know everything but it's certainly possible that handling a weapon again was a good way for someone coping with PTSD from battle to feel comfortable again. I'm certainly no expert like all the PhD psychologists on here.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
Still.  Low class to tweet that.
no, it probably wasn't the best thing to say but fucking lol at the type of people who think it's so bad they have a fit over it ::)  Half the people commenting on this story are saying shit like, "I use to like you Paul, now you're dead to me"  or, "I've suported you for years, never again"
real drama queen crybaby shit.  ::) 

I'm telling mom what you said!!! lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »
It's still a shitty thing to say.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
well by looking at the results i guess it wasn't to great an idea to bring him to the range to shot guns

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
well by looking at the results i guess it wasn't to great an idea to bring him to the range to shot guns

No shit shirlock.  But he was doing it trying to help the guy.   Its not like Kyle was jacking a bank and got killed. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
lol @ one of the main arguments against Paul's comment on the net is that Paul isn't a mental health proffessional... they're offended Paul would have the gual to suggest what is or isn't the right way to treat ptsd.

OK, where did Chris Kyle get his psychiatry degree then? lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 05:48:02 PM »
lol @ one of the main arguments against Paul's comment on the net is that Paul isn't a mental health proffessional... they're offended Paul would have the gual to suggest what is or isn't the right way to treat ptsd.

OK, where did Chris Kyle get his psychiatry degree then? lol

How about respect for dead and a vet who went to war and killed a shit load of people trying to kill our soldiers? 

Ron Paul can eat shit on this - F him. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 05:59:00 PM »
How about respect for dead and a vet who went to war and killed a shit load of people trying to kill our soldiers? 

Ron Paul can eat shit on this - F him. 
You haven't actually addressed anything I've said, not one thing. 

LOL, You make this sound like Paul is as bad as Fred Phelps ::)

drama queens...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »
I see nothing wrong with the statement at all, just because a man is dead does not mean that it's wrong to question the decisions leading up to his death.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 06:03:02 PM »
You haven't actually addressed anything I've said, not one thing. 

LOL, You make this sound like Paul is as bad as Fred Phelps ::)

drama queens...

I dont give a rats ass what you said.  You dont piss on the dead and vet like this, even if what kyle was doing was not the smartest thing in retrospect.  Kyle's heart was in the right place trying to help this guy and Kyle did a shit load more to save fellow troops under danger than Paul ever did, so RP can eat a dick on this.    

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Totally agree, but firearms in and of themselves don't make people crazy.

agreed - but ENVIRONMENTS with lots of gunfire, chatting with strangers - and he KNEW this person was a little crazy anyway.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 07:05:08 PM »
One of the dumber statements you've ever said (and that's saying a lot).

How do you know you don't take someone there? Seems like Kyle did this with more than one person. Maybe he found it to be a good way for them to cope with the change back to civilian life?

I know the armchair experts on here think they know everything but it's certainly possible that handling a weapon again was a good way for someone coping with PTSD from battle to feel comfortable again. I'm certainly no expert like all the PhD psychologists on here.

Here are the symptoms of people with PTSD (which this man was known to have):

Irritability or anger
 Overwhelming guilt or shame
 Self-destructive behavior, such as drinking too much
 Trouble sleeping
 Being easily startled or frightened
 Hearing or seeing things that aren't there

Would you hand a loaded gun to a person who was sleep deprived, self-destructive, delusional, and angry? 

I sure as fck wouldn't!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
I dont give a rats ass what you said.  You dont piss on the dead and vet like this, even if what kyle was doing was not the smartest thing in retrospect.  Kyle's heart was in the right place trying to help this guy and Kyle did a shit load more to save fellow troops under danger than Paul ever did, so RP can eat a dick on this.    

Ron Paul hasn't jumped the shark, you have.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »
agreed - but ENVIRONMENTS with lots of gunfire, chatting with strangers - and he KNEW this person was a little crazy anyway.  
That's a situation, not an object.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:29 PM »
it's certainly possible that handling a weapon again was a good way for someone coping with PTSD from battle to feel comfortable again.

Seriously - Do you think handling a weapon is good for someone suffering from PTSD?

QUITE THE OPPOSITE, IN FACT!   Handling a gun and hearing gunfire would very possibly actually TRIGGER a PTSD episode.  Dude might have been fine fishing or going out for tacoes, but taking him to a shooting range?  That could trigger.

See below:

You may try to avoid situations or people that trigger memories of the traumatic event. You may even avoid talking or thinking about the event.
A person who was in an earthquake may avoid watching television shows or movies in which there are earthquakes.
A person who was robbed at gunpoint while ordering at a hamburger drive-in may avoid fast-food restaurants.
Some people may keep very busy or avoid seeking help. This keeps them from having to think or talk about the event.

This guy who was killed was an American hero, no doubt about that.  nobody is arguing that.

We know that isn't not a good idea to take someone with PTSD to a place with loud gunfire and hand him a weapon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 07:17:51 PM »
That's a situation, not an object.

okay, then we can amend my statement ... maybe... maybe not.  Maybe handing him a gun was fine, but hearing gunshots at range was the trigger?

Either way, we have a person who is Hearing or seeing things that aren't there.... Um, don't give him a gun to make him feel better.  Sorry.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 07:29:12 PM »
I don't even think it's disrespectful to say he made a really bad choice doing this.  Yea, not the best words to choose by Paul, but gimme a break.

3333 thought Paul jumped the shark before the primary was even over.  He swore Paul off then which is probably the case with everyone else making a mountain of a molehill out of this.

If you want to get mad at some disrespectful shit being said about Kyle, go look at the shit being said on gossip lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
I don't even think it's disrespectful to say he made a really bad choice doing this.  Yea, not the best words to choose by Paul, but gimme a break.

3333 thought Paul jumped the shark before the primary was even over.  He swore Paul off then which is probably the case with everyone else making a mountain of a molehill out of this.

If you want to get mad at some disrespectful shit being said about Kyle, go look at the shit being said on gossip lol...

333 was right about how paul engaged in political malpractice in the primary - he is his own worst enemy 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
Does anyone else here believe it might be therapeutic or healthy to take a person suffering from PTSD from war experiences to a gun range?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
Does anyone else here believe it might be therapeutic or healthy to take a person suffering from PTSD from war experiences to a gun range?

No - but Kyle was motivated by trying to help these fellow soldiers.   He himself saved hundreds if not thousands of fellow soldiers. 

Ron Paul can eat a dick over this