Author Topic: BREAKING: Hostage Situation Ends, 5-year-old Child is Safe, Kidnapper Dead, U.S.  (Read 826 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Source: CBS News

@CBSNews: BREAKING NEWS: A U.S. official says Alabama hostage situation is over: kidnapped child is alive, kidnapper is dead http://t.co/s2drA6vF

Also: @BreakingNews: Reports of explosions near Midland City, Alabama, hostage scene - @abc3340, WJHG-TV

Alabama Standoff Update: Hostage situation ends, 5-year-old child is safe, kidnapper dead, U.S. official says

February 04, 2013

(CBS/AP) MIDLAND CITY, Ala. - A U.S. official tells CBS News that a nearly week-long hostage standoff in which a 5-year-old was being held captive in southeast Alabama has ended in the kidnapper's death. The child is said to be okay.

Authorities said 65-year-old Jimmy Dykes gunned down a school bus driver Tuesday and abducted a 5-year-old boy from the bus before taking him to an underground bunker on his rural property. The driver, 66-year-old Charles Poland Jr., was buried Sunday.

Dykes, a decorated Vietnam-era veteran described as a loner who railed against the government, lived up a dirt road just off the main road north to the state capital of Montgomery, about 80 miles away.

CBS radio affiliate WSB says reporters heard what may have been a concussion grenade before ambulance and fire vehicles went to and from Dykes' property about 4p.m. Eastern Time Monday.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/fullstory.rbml

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
GREAT!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
Thank God that kid is okay.
Well, I'm sure he's traumatized, but what I mean is at least he's alive!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
about time for a good news story

Montague

• Getbig V
I want to find out how the concussion grenade only affected Dykes.
The link above doesn't work, but I have the news on now.

Montague

• Getbig V
Okay, it sounds like they raided the bunker, but still aren't sure if they shot him, or if Dykes shot himself.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Okay, it sounds like they raided the bunker, but still aren't sure if they shot him, or if Dykes shot himself.

Or maybe the five year old killed him because he ran out of Doritos.

(tip to the goat commercial)

Montague

• Getbig V
Or maybe the five year old killed him because he ran out of Doritos.

(tip to the goat commercial)

LOL!! I'll laugh about it now since the boy is safe.
Seriously, you don't know how happy I am that kid wasn't hurt (or worse).