Author Topic: Sammartino into WWE HOF:  (Read 8693 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sammartino into WWE HOF:
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
triple h has talked bruno sammartino into accepting going into the wwe HOF.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: breaking news.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:33:58 PM »
bruno
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: breaking news.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 04:14:24 PM »
What?
Source?

If confirmed, I'll sticky.

Montague

• Getbig V
Sammartino into WWE HOF:
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »
HOLE-LEE-SHIT!!!
I can't believe it...

WWE executive Triple H, real name Paul Levesque, spoke to ESPN about the announcement of Bruno Sammartino as the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame class headliner, and below are several quotes from the interview:

"From a legitimacy standpoint, it’s important for us to get Bruno in," Levesque said. “He’s one of the biggest names there has ever been in the business. So for us to not have him in there, for the legitimacy of the whole thing, it was a major issue. For me, the more important thing was that nobody deserves to be recognized for being a big star and paving the way for the stars of today more than Bruno. Everything that we have today in the business, Bruno was a cornerstone of that foundation. He truly is a living legend...

There has been this bad blood between Bruno and the WWE for years, and we’re not trying to hide any of it, but I just felt like we are at a point where a lot of it can be resolved. Our wellness program and the way our programming is now, a lot of people are unaware of it, so I felt like if I could get Bruno on the phone and I could run down a list of those things that he didn’t like, I could show him how we changed. We’re PG, family-friendly entertainment with a wellness program that is truly based on the wellness of our performers. We want them to be healthy and live long, productive lives. So I just felt that if Bruno knew about those things, he might feel differently, and eventually, that’s what came to be."

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/267625-triple-h-comments-on-the-bruno-sammartino-hall-of-fame-induction-says-bruno-will-headline-this-years-hof-class

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Sammartino into WWE HOF:
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:14:29 AM »
now maybe they'll finally put out an authorized dvd of bruno's life.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 09:32:04 AM »
now maybe they'll finally put out an authorized dvd of bruno's life.

I'm sure that was the old man's goal - in addition to the ego thing.
But, I wonder how big the market really is today for a Bruno documentary.

He did a shoot interview with Highspots a couple of years ago, but I don't know how it sold.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »
We can now call it a real Hall Of Fame!!!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Yeah, Vince wins again. I never thought Bruno would cave in.

Funny how HHH talked about the "legitimacy" of the HOF. I wonder if Bruno is aware that Koko B. Ware is in it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »
This was sent to me by a friend, but I don't have a source for it. If anyone knows the source of this info, please let me know so that I may credit them, or remove the post if need be.

In addition to Bruno Sammartino’s discussions with Triple H regarding the direction of WWE, money is said to have played a factor in his acceptance of the company’s offer of a WWE Hall of Fame induction. As previously reported, Sammartino spoke with Triple H and was impressed by the company’s Wellness Policy, the PG era, the lessening of drug use behind the scenes and more. Sammartino also reportedly gave Triple H a price that he wanted to get for agreeing to be inducted and had told several friends that he did not expect Vince McMahon to agree.

Sammartino played hardball this time around and said during negotiations that if the deal didn’t come together this year than he would not consider joining the Hall of Fame again, to the point of telling his sons not to sign off on him being inducted after he passed away. The price that he asked for is said to be around that which a WWE main eventer would get for WrestleMania and McMahon agreed.

As reported, the deal is for more than just a Hall of Fame induction; he will be taking part in future DVD projects including the planned fiftieth anniversary “History of WWE” set which will come later this year. There is also a Bruno Sammartino DVD set likely to come out of it; he would take part in a documentary on that set and and do commentary over some of his matches.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
just like stone cold carried the company in the 90's bruno carried it early on, he deserves the money.
F

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 05:08:22 AM »
just like stone cold carried the company in the 90's bruno carried it early on, he deserves the money.
About time! Bruno was the man! The first wrestler I watched!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:07 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 09:27:15 AM »
Monty, what ever happened to Bruno's son?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
Monty, what ever happened to Bruno's son?

You mean David - the one who tried his hand in wrestling?

I'm not sure what he or any Bruno's boys do now. I used to know one of their relatives from Western PA. It didn't sound like she was close with the sons, but she did tell me that Bruno kayfabed the entire family at get-togethers, and it got to be rather annoying; particularly in later years as the product changed and it became more and more obvious that the whole business was a work.

Also, one thing I've noticed about Bruno is that he seems to have mastered the fine art of bragging while simultaneously projecting humility. He's an EXTREMELY nice and kind man. I've never heard anyone speak ill of him. But, we all know what it's like to grow up with an older brother who's the captain of the football team. Now, replace football jock with champion of make-believe fighting.

You'd want so badly to scream, "It's PRETEND, bozo!" But, you can't dispute selling out MSG 200+ times. I can see where that got old. ;)

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »

You mean David - the one who tried his hand in wrestling?

I'm not sure what he or any Bruno's boys do now. I used to know one of their relatives from Western PA. It didn't sound like she was close with the sons, but she did tell me that Bruno kayfabed the entire family at get-togethers, and it got to be rather annoying; particularly in later years as the product changed and it became more and more obvious that the whole business was a work.

Also, one thing I've noticed about Bruno is that he seems to have mastered the fine art of bragging while simultaneously projecting humility. He's an EXTREMELY nice and kind man. I've never heard anyone speak ill of him. But, we all know what it's like to grow up with an older brother who's the captain of the football team. Now, replace football jock with champion of make-believe fighting.

You'd want so badly to scream, "It's PRETEND, bozo!" But, you can't dispute selling out MSG 200+ times. I can see where that got old. ;)

Yes, David.  He had quite a build if I recall.  I don't remember much else.

Funny stuff about the family get-togethers!  I still like that era better though.  Imagine Bruno trying to explain to his family how Kane killed a guy with lightning!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 12:34:24 PM »
Yes, David.  He had quite a build if I recall.  I don't remember much else.

Funny stuff about the family get-togethers!  I still like that era better though.  Imagine Bruno trying to explain to his family how Kane killed a guy with lightning!

Hey, I did a little bit of digging: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/WrestleMania26/2010/03/25/13362351.html

Can you say, "bitter?"
How about, "delusional?"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »
I remember David on Georgia Championship Wrestling.  He wasn't awful, but nothing special by any stretch of the imagination.

Bruno kayfabing family is classic.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 05:57:05 AM »
There are rumors regarding more details of Bruno's WWE contract, which is said to be in the high six-figure range and will include multiple projects including DVD’s, live appearances and the Hall of Fame.

The deal WWE offered Sammartino also allegedly required him to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Reportedly, none of the other projects would have happened if Sammartino didn’t agree to do the Hall of Fame first.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »

Hey, I did a little bit of digging: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/WrestleMania26/2010/03/25/13362351.html

Can you say, "bitter?"
How about, "delusional?"

I would say that about sums it up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
I would say that about sums it up.

Yeah, did you read that?
He was bitching because he worked his ass off for two years and didn't get the push he deserved.

Look how many guys like Austin and Foley who work for 8-10 years before catching their brake! David blames everyone from Vince to his Dad, other promoters, and the business in general.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:42 AM »
this man is the odds on favorite to induct him , i said this when i first heard about the induction.... now apparently triple h was at the arnold trying to seal the deal.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »
this man is the odds on favorite to induct him , i said this when i first heard about the induction.... now apparently triple h was at the arnold trying to seal the deal.

I think it is likely now more than ever. Honestly, Arnold "the not so great lately" has fallen far and fast, and doesn't seem to have a whole lot going on these days. I'm sure he'll be up for the exposure.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »

Arnold is now confirmed. Straight from the WWE website: http://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall-of-fame/who-will-induct-bruno-sammartino-26101294

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 08:25:30 AM »
It's rumored that Vince offered Bruno $3M if he would allow them to induct him into the Hall Of Fame.  In addition to a contract over other marketing items for more $$$.