Author Topic: LOLOL - Girl flipping the judge off - and gets 30 days for it!  (Read 24197 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: LOLOL this girl flipping the judge off
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »
this

But how do you go from "it's best for your own sake to be respectful to the judge when you're in court" to "you'll get jail if you're disrespectful"?? The punishment is way out of proportion to what she did.
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 06:30:17 AM »
credible testimony there   ::)

"defendant" is always attached to your name, yet you're the only honest person in the courtroom 

oh, brother  ::)

hahahaha!

typical

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 06:31:32 AM »
Exactly what part of my post made you think I was suggesting otherwise?

So are you suggesting that it is perfectly fine to have defendants to tell the judge to go fuck themselves with zero consequences?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:14 AM »
So are you suggesting that it is perfectly fine to have defendants to tell the judge to go fuck themselves with zero consequences?

In principle, yes. In practice though without punishment for disrespect she'd still have to deal with having a ticked off judge deciding on the punishment for her actual CRIMES, which would not be very smart of her.
I do not believe that mere words like "fuck you" should warrant people getting sent to jail.
But lets say that she or anyone else keeps acting up in court, in my mind a more appropriate punishment would be that they temporarily lose the right of defending themselves until they calm down, which in itself could have serious consequences for the defendant.

This is some dictator kind of shit. Definitely reminds of reading about the Stalin/Hitler era, and how disrespect to the "leader" landed people in jail or even worse, getting shot.
from incomplete data

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:20 AM »
I think last year there was some dude who was getting his sentence for First Degree Murder and after the Judge gave him 25yrs to life, he told the judge to suck his dick.....ahahahaha...the judge slap him with another 10yrs and then told him he'd pass the offer and then he'll have plenty of mouths available where he's sending him for 35yrs to life......that shit was too funny

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »
I think last year there was some dude who was getting his sentence for First Degree Murder and after the Judge gave him 25yrs to life, he told the judge to suck his dick.....ahahahaha...the judge slap him with another 10yrs and then told him he'd pass the offer and then he'll have plenty of mouths available where he's sending him for 35yrs to life......that shit was too funny
;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 06:42:16 AM »
From one of the youtube comments

"The judge acted completely inappropriately, making fun of her and docking her another $5,000. This is effectively $500 (two and a half weeks of her pay) for saying adios. Cursing was stupid and very wrong (in court) but I cant help but condemn the judge to a greater degree. Furthermore, this is her bond hearing, justice is still going to be served when she returns to be charged with a FELONY count. I work at a law firm and we would be appalled to see this type of conduct from a judge in court."
from incomplete data

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2013, 06:47:46 AM »
But how do you go from "it's best for your own sake to be respectful to the judge when you're in court" to "you'll get jail if you're disrespectful"?? The punishment is way out of proportion to what she did.

That's your opinion I guess.

Contempt of court is a big deal.  Imagine the precedent that would be set if this kind of behavior were tolerated. The court system has to be held to a high standard,  when it isn't we all suffer.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:11 AM »
Word to the wise from an attorney - just STFU when you are in court. 

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 06:54:21 AM »
In principle, yes. In practice though without punishment for disrespect she'd still have to deal with having a ticked off judge deciding on the punishment for her actual CRIMES, which would not be very smart of her.
I do not believe that a mere words like "fuck you" should warrant people getting sent to jail.
But lets say that she or anyone else keeps acting up in court, in my mind a more appropriate punishment would be that they temporarily lose the right of defending themselves until they calm down, which in itself could have serious consequences for the defendant.

This is some dictator kind of shit. Definitely reminds of reading about the Stalin/Hitler era, and how disrespect to the "leader" landed people in jail or even worse, getting shot.

In most states that I am aware of, contempt of court can carry a specific term of jail.
So, if the judge was within the established guidelines, there is no way to overturn his decision.  However, if the sentence he imposed (30 days) is outside the guidelines, then she can be released on bail pending an appeal of the judge's decision.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 07:00:44 AM »
I can't believe some of you are putting down the judge. Then again what should I expect here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:36 AM »
In most states that I am aware of, contempt of court can carry a specific term of jail.
So, if the judge was within the established guidelines, there is no way to overturn his decision.  However, if the sentence he imposed (30 days) is outside the guidelines, then she can be released on bail pending an appeal of the judge's decision.

10 - 30 days is usually the norm from what I know for bullshit like this.

When in court proceedings - STFU unless asked a direct question from the judge and limit your responses to yes, no, I don't know, or a direct response to the question. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
He earned his position and no one expects people to kiss ass just show some respect, don't forget this is the guy that decides punishment for the scums such as child molesters, rapist and robbers, murderers etc, he should be approached in a most serious manor as his job results in life changing decisions.
This most definitely! I work in the court system for the last 30 years, you have to be fucking moron to act like that when approaching the judge.He has total control of your future from this point on. She must of thought she could manipulate him with her looks and and stupid bimbo attitude!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »
He held her in cotempt of court.
Her 30 days have nothing to do with the alleged crime she committed, but her lack of respect for the judge and the order of the court.
it's an insult, it deserves a penality. Why did she insult him?  He could have fined her, but realized she wouldnt care much, so instead he chose a sentence that would REALLY pisses her off and make her think twice about insulting people. She was all nice util she didnt get what she wanted then insulted him, duplicit little bitch. Good luck disciplining such a whore, it's way too late now. Only extreme mesure can somewhat have an effect at this point, and a jail sentence is exactly what was required. She prolly thinks she s tough shit, well, let's see how she does with real tough people.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »
I can't believe some of you are putting down the judge. Then again what should I expect here.

If the judge acted within the limits of the law, then it's the justice system that is to be blamed. People should be able to say precisely what they feel like about the government and the justice system. The government is NOT some deity that deserves unending respect. In fact, it shouldn't require any respect at all since that is not what it's supposed to do. It's there to represent the will of the people.

As I said, this definitely gives off totalitarian vibes.

from incomplete data

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2013, 07:21:26 AM »
it's an insult, it deserves a penality. Why did she insult him?  He could have fined her, but realized she wouldnt care much, so instead he chose a sentence that would REALLY pisses her off and make her think twice about insulting people. She was all nice util she didnt get what she wanted then insulted him, duplicit little bitch. Good luck disciplining such a whore, it's way too late now. Only extreme mesure can somewhat have an effect at this point, and a jail sentence is exactly what was required. She prolly thinks she s tough shit, well, let's see how she does with real tough people.

The justice system is NOT her parent. You people are getting things confused here. Your own vendetta against what you perceive as "dumb people" has nothing to do with this.
from incomplete data

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2013, 07:23:21 AM »
I do not believe that mere words like "fuck you" should warrant people getting sent to jail.

It's called contempt of court, whether you think it's fair or not. There is a certain way to behave in court and that sure ain't it!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2013, 07:24:13 AM »
If the judge acted within the limits of the law, then it's the justice system that is to be blamed. People should be able to say precisely what they feel like about the government and the justice system. The government is NOT some deity that deserves unending respect. In fact, it shouldn't require any respect at all since that is not what it's supposed to do. It's there to represent the will of the people.

As I said, this definitely gives off totalitarian vibes.

You realize you have the reasoning of a little child, not of an adult right?
Only in the little kids world is it ok to insult someone without fearing for consequences. Insulting or hurting someone physically is an aggression. Same thing, you hurt someone intentionally; be prepared for a reaction; you re not free to hurt anyone as it pleases you.
It's a little spoiled kid behavior to believe nobody will do anything if you hurt them, physically or verbally, the behavior of a little kid who s been insulting his own parents without consequences , punishment for too long.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
It's called contempt of court, whether you think it's fair or not. There is a certain way to behave in court and that sure ain't it!

What's your point? Should someone just accept things the way they are just because... they are that way?
from incomplete data

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
The justice system is NOT her parent. You people are getting things confused here. Your own vendetta against what you perceive as "dumb people" has nothing to do with this.

You just want to do ,say and think everything you want without any consequences. Typical of a kid raised by a single mother, without a decent father figure. Newsflash, there are boundaries to everything in the finite world. I guess you think it's ok to insult old ,weak people, but that you wont do the same with someone bigger than you right? You re just a calculating, duplicit little bitch who only cares about his own interest even if at the expense of others. You dont think yourself as being part of something bigger, feel no responsability toward the whole picture, and others feelings. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:35 AM »
You realize you have the reasoning of a little child, not of an adult right?
Only in the little kids world is it ok to insult someone without fearing for consequences. Insulting or hurting someone physically is an aggression. Same thing, you hurt someone, and you have to back it up.
It's a little spoiled kid behavior to believe nobody will do anything if you hurt them, physically or verbally, the behavior of a little kid who s been insulting his own parents without consequences , punishment for too long.

So what makes it OK to tell a phone salesman to fuck off but not a judge? Why would you want a justice system that could imprison you just for disrespecting it?

from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 07:31:13 AM »
So what makes it OK to tell a phone salesman to fuck off but not a judge? Why would you want a justice system that could imprison you just for disrespecting it?

And if all defendants did that?  Its not about the individual judge - its about keeping the process w some sense of order and respectability. 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »

The fuck are you talking about?

Btw I dont insult phone salesmen. I tell them thank you but I'm not interested. Wouldnt be surprised you insult them tho, to come up with such a dumb post.

You obviously have no serious arguments anymore to come with that kind of nonsensical crap at this point of the discussion. Again, the reasoning of a child.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 07:34:42 AM »
You just want to do ,say and think everything you want without any consequences. Typical of a kid raised by a single mother, without a decent father figure. Newsflash, there are boundaries to everything in the finite world.

It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to with the government not being a deity and it's very important that it stays that way. But then again, you probably enjoy the idea of having some all mighty father figure that decides what you can say, do and think.

I wouldn't walk up to a stranger and tell them fuck off just because I feel like it, which is part of having good manners. But that doesn't mean that I should get sent to jail for having bad manners and being disrespectful, especially to a justice system whose sole purpose is to try me for a crime.
from incomplete data

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2013, 07:35:57 AM »

I agree.

Furthermore, I think the judge has done that girl a huge favor.

He has probably turned her life around with that 30 days.