Author Topic: Investments  (Read 2896 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Investments
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:01:50 PM »
Do you agree or disagree.

-Discuss
#

NotSure

• Getbig III
Re: Investments
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »

-Discuss
Good words from a wise man.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
Agree. Great points. Lately I have been reading a lot of books on attitudes and behaviors of typical millionaires. I especially like the pay yourself first/invest then pay bills.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 07:08:20 PM »
what a joke

sayings are intrinsically stupid as by definition they represent a huge loss of information

each of those sayings could be blown to pieces with little effort

there is a good one though, which is if you look for free advice you are going to get crap advice, and that of course includes any list of guru sayings like buffets

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
what a joke

sayings are intrinsically stupid as by definition they represent a huge loss of information

there is a good one though, which is if you look for free advice you are going to get crap advice, and that of course includes any list of guru sayings like buffets
I invested my cock into your mom's ass. Just my 2 cents.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »
are you sure it wasnt you momma's ass?

people whose IQ is below 85 should waist there time reading. Keep on with the manual labor as long as you are not sure

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

people whose IQ is below 85 should waist there time reading. Keep on with the manual labor as long as you are not sure
"waist"

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »

agree. fucking waisters. 

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:20:55 PM »
"waist"

not sure, you a spell checker now??

good boy. i think we found you a reason to live. Get busy on the other threads now boy. many errors to correct/.

i bet you are sure now, arent you boy?

NotSure

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »

good boy. i think we found you a reason to live. Get busy on the other threads now boy. many errors to correct/.

Your frustration has been noted. Too many hours in front of mindless entertainment has caused your brain to "waist". Read a book or meditate. Do something productive.

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 07:28:23 PM »
are you sure about that?

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »

That's a saying, genius.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
what a joke

Buffet keeps the advice short for slow readers like you.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »
Grant it, this isn't going to make you a billionaire investment banker... but it is decent "guidelines" every idiot can follow

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »
I invested my cock into your mom's ass. Just my 2 cents.

Same bro, put my carried interest into her IRA. I wasn't fully hard and she was shocked how big it got once inside her.

sancho ed

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:49:09 PM »
i agree with all except the last...im a cheap guy, but i tend to give good advice.  ;) but then again, im cheap because i enjoy making wise investments with my money, and minimize my spending on shit that isnt going to get me anywhere.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
Rich people buy assets poor people buy liabilities.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 04:34:07 AM »

-Discuss

This is the kind of thing that you will see posted and reported on Facebook to try and show others how much you know and how great your life is.

"See, look at me, I am superior spiritually"

I

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 04:48:43 AM »

Solid.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »
Never exercise.  Eat McDonalds.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:29 AM »
Same bro, put my carried interest into her IRA. I wasn't fully hard and she was shocked how big it got once inside her.

Are you referring to her "Inflamed Raw Anus"?

The old guy gives great advice. Especially all the eggs in one basket. That one bit me about 15 years ago. Live and learn.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:40 AM »

Not a spell checker genius.  You spelled your word correctly.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:34 AM »
One more to add that Buffet forgot.

"Don't pay more for the same product you can get cheaper, just because you like the advertising"

This is especially true for management fees you pay to brokers/advisors/fund managers. Over the long-term (which is the lens most of you are looking thru with investments), a manager's ability to beat the market year-after-year and deliver returns over the long term that would out-pace the market are near zilch. It's true. The odds are stacked against a fund manager to beat the free market forces at work. As they should be. Anyone with enough inside information to beat the market is usually vetted out as an inside trader.

Therefore, if fund managers can't beat the exchange index over the long term, why would you pay them money for their product?

It's the sweetest scam going, and very few people talk about it. I highly encourage you to do the math and satisfy yourselves on this point.

2% per year is a lot of money to give to someone who can't beat an ETF, which charges you a fraction of a percent. Think about 1.8% of your money compounding itself over 25 or 30 years. This is not chump change. This is a significant, massive portion of your savings being flitted away by the lure of marketing and the belief that surely, if it's someone's job, they must be good enough to be able to help me beat the Jones'. Not true. Never has been.

The very, very few that have consistently outpaced the free market...well, we know who they are. I guess you could give them all your money, but if they were truthful, even they would tell you that to do so would be foolish. Eventually, they'll loose too. Or they'll die, and the folks who supplant them will lose. But Buffet already mentions that above...diversify.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »
I don't have any investments at all.  I think passive income is mostly a myth and I'm too ignorant to actively swim with the sharks.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 07:30:41 AM »
Sounds like pretty common sense advice from mr. Buffet.  I personally follow this advice to a T. My family budgets everything. I'm not rich but I have enough money where I don't need to work for a year if I was forced to.
A