Author Topic: Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi  (Read 3634 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
 Weekly Standard ^

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:53:27 PM by Sub-Driver

Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi Daniel Halper February 7, 2013 12:05 PM

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testified this morning on Capitol Hill that President Barack Obama was absent the night four Americans were murdered in Benghazi on September 11, 2012:

Panetta said that Obama left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Panetta said that, save their 5 o'clock prescheduled meeting with the president the day of September 11, Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that day. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

LATS

• Getbig IV
Re: Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
That right there tells ya about the man.. Americans under fire.. Under siege and he does not give a rats ass.. He should have been there asking questions and at the very least acting like he gave a damn..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
That right there tells ya about the man.. Americans under fire.. Under siege and he does not give a rats ass.. He should have been there asking questions and at the very least acting like he gave a damn..

It was the same thing on yhr OBL Raid.

O-Twink was probably high on coke pot chooms booze cigs etc to do his job that night. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »
Jennifer Griffin Reports On Obama Gun Running To Syria
 Foxnews ^

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:18:55 PM by ConservativeMan55

Griffin just reported that during John Brennan's hearing, Senators are asking if Obama, The State Department and the Defense Department..

WERE ARMING SYRIAN REBELS VIA WEAPONS OUT OF LIBYA.

Now Leon Penetta is admitting he and Hillary REQUESTED to do this. Even though Hillary said in her hearing she knew nothing about it.

Hillary has been caught in a HUGE lie!

(Excerpt) Read more at video.foxnews.com ...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »
It was the same thing on yhr OBL Raid.

O-Twink was probably high on coke pot chooms booze cigs etc to do his job that night. 

Lol ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 07:06:45 AM »
read more at fox news.  Solar power wont work on the east coast because it's not sunny, according to Fox, unlike Germany which is very sunny. Meanwhile back in reality, it's actually the inverse. readmore stupid shit at foxnews.com

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »
read more at fox news.  Solar power wont work on the east coast because it's not sunny, according to Fox, unlike Germany which is very sunny. Meanwhile back in reality, it's actually the inverse. readmore stupid shit at foxnews.com

This was panetta's testimony you fucking moron. 

O-SHIT was high on crack pot choomes booze and cigs and was AWOL while people were dying. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 07:21:25 AM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 07:36:32 AM »
 Weekly Standard ^

Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:53:27 PM by Sub-Driver

Panetta: Obama Absent Night of Benghazi Daniel Halper February 7, 2013 12:05 PM

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta testified this morning on Capitol Hill that President Barack Obama was absent the night four Americans were murdered in Benghazi on September 11, 2012:

Panetta said that Obama left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Panetta said that, save their 5 o'clock prescheduled meeting with the president the day of September 11, Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that day. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

Why should he be there.....that's the job of his Defense Secretary....its called delegating tasks
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 07:49:55 AM »

Why should he be there.....that's the job of his Defense Secretary....its called delegating tasks

So OChooms has a hit list and is on top of that - but when we are under attack - its cool he is nowhere to be found probably high on crack and pot? 

Typical excuses from the Cult of Obama

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:38 AM »
So OChooms has a hit list and is on top of that - but when we are under attack - its cool he is nowhere to be found probably high on crack and pot? 

Typical excuses from the Cult of Obama

Oh, brother. Googled it and the first result shows the part of the testimony that wasn't cropped out of your link:

DEMPSEY: I would, if I could just, to correct one thing. I wouldn't say there was no follow-up from the White House. There was no follow-up, to my knowledge, with the president.  But his staff was engaged with the national military command center pretty constantly through the period, which is the way it would normally work.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:19:05 AM »

Benghazi is the Conspiracy Theory That Just Won't Go Away

—By Kevin Drum

| Fri Feb. 8, 2013 7:31 AM PST

When Republicans get hold of a pet rock these days, they just can't give it up. Yes, I'm talking about Benghazi:

James M. Inhofe of Oklahoma said his panel would focus on the military’s response to the assault. But, he said, “as bad as everything that I’ve stated is, what I think is worse is the cover-up.”

“It was obvious from the information we had on Sept. 11 that the second wave ... of attacks on the annex was unequivocally a terrorist attack, and we knew it right at the time,” he said, accusing the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Susan E. Rice, of lying to the American people.

Here's what I don't get: what exactly does Inhofe think Obama gained from this nefarious plot to wait a week before admitting Benghazi was a terrorist attack? The best explanation I've gotten when I asked this before revolves around the weird idea that Obama's reelection chances all hinged on the public believing that he was the guy who won the war on terror once and for all. So if he admitted that Benghazi was a terrorist attack, then poof—Mitt Romney is the 45th president of the United States.

This makes even less sense than the claim that Susan Rice lied in the first place. What's more, it's obviously a political loser regardless of whether or not it's true. In fact, it's been a loser ever since Obama pwned Romney in the second debate last year. Outside the tea party fever swamp, where everything Obama does is automatically part of a cunning plot for....something, no one cares. And it's not as if Inhofe is up for reelection next year and needs to polish up his crackpot bona fides.

What the hell is up with this

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 08:35:25 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
Oh, brother. Googled it and the first result shows the part of the testimony that wasn't cropped out of your link:

DEMPSEY: I would, if I could just, to correct one thing. I wouldn't say there was no follow-up from the White House. There was no follow-up, to my knowledge, with the president.  But his staff was engaged with the national military command center pretty constantly through the period, which is the way it would normally work.

Right - and remember Bush getting attacked for My Pet Goat endlessly? 

hhhmmm

Typical leftist double standards. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 08:45:26 AM »
Right - and remember Bush getting attacked for My Pet Goat endlessly? 

hhhmmm

Typical leftist double standards. 
LOL...this does NOT EVEN COMPARE

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 08:46:47 AM »
LOL...this does NOT EVEN COMPARE

You are right!

Now that we have the Cult Messiah in office - everything is different now. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 08:49:48 AM »
You are right!

4 more years,get over it nothing you post on here is going to change that  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  so lift that rock and climb back underneath it  ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
You are right!

I am right, but the reason is not because you're crazy. Did Panetta testify that Obama was out of contact because he was busy catching up on pre-school lit?

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 08:51:56 AM »
4 more years,get over it nothing you post on here is going to change that  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  so lift that rock and climb back underneath it  ;D

I look forward to the day in history when Obama is remembered as a war criminal.  Maybe sooner than you think.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 08:54:39 AM »
I look forward to the day in history when Obama is remembered as a war criminal.  Maybe sooner than you think.

more nutty repub dreaming  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:11:55 AM »
more nutty repub dreaming  ;D

Water to the face = bad
Missile to the face = good 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »
This was panetta's testimony you fucking moron. 

O-SHIT was high on crack pot choomes booze and cigs and was AWOL while people were dying. 

new rules?

You have been caught in another lie, another fabrication, nothing to see here, nothing to see with respect to bengahzi. Aldoggity raped you yet again, I don't know why I bother, you get your info from a news station known for lying.

There is literally nothing absolutely nothing here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »

new rules?

You have been caught in another lie, another fabrication, nothing to see here, nothing to see with respect to bengahzi. Aldoggity raped you yet again, I don't know why I bother, you get your info from a news station known for lying.

There is literally nothing absolutely nothing here.

LOL.  Talk YO panetta.    O-CHOOM was high on his own supply.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 05:57:00 AM »
LOL.  Talk YO panetta.    O-CHOOM was high on his own supply.

again this was proper procedure and you want to make a fuss out of it. Nothing was done improper here, nothing at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 07:54:55 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Obama AWOL during Benghazi Attack
Townhall.com ^ | February 9, 2013 | Bob Beauprez
Posted on February 9, 2013 10:29:19 AM EST by Kaslin

President Barack Obama was nowhere to be found the long and fatal night of September 11, 2012 when Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were assassinated in an attack on the U.S. Mission Outpost in Benghazi, Libya. 

Finally, five months after the terrorist assault, the American people and the families of those brave slain Americans find out that even though live video was being streamed back to Washington, even though requests for backup had been sent, the President left it to others to deal with the issue.

"He (Obama) knew generally what was deployed out there but as to specifics about time, etc. etc., he left that up to us," outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday, February 07, 2013. Joining Panetta was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Martin Dempsey.

Panetta told the Senators he did not speak with President Obama or anybody in the White House the night the terrorist attack was carried out on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Panetta testified that Obama relied on officials at the State and Defense Departments to deal with the issue.

Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) asked Panetta if he "had any further communications with him (Obama) that night?" Panetta answered, "No."

Ayotte pressed further, "Did he ever call you that night? How are things going? What's going on? Where's the Consulate?" Panetta said, "No," but when information came in that Ambassador Stevens had been killed "we were aware that that information went to the White House."

Note the careful use of "the White House" – not "to the President." And, the vague "we were aware." Who passed on the information, and to whom was it delivered? There was a dead Ambassador, two former Navy Seals, and another diplomat, after all.

Recall, too, that earlier in the day of September 11, the Embassy in Cairo, Egypt had also been stormed, and other anti-American demonstrations were popping up across the globe. Further that this same Consulate in Benghazi had been attacked twice before and numerous communications had raised security concerns for the outpost and for the Ambassador and his staff. This was hardly a one-off, isolated occurrence.

In the same Senate hearing, General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testified that the State Department never sent a request for military backup before, during or after attack occurred.

General on Benghazi: 'We Never Received a Request for Support from the State Department'

Citing the numerous requests for additional security in Benghazi, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) asked Dempsey, "Why didn't you put forces in place to be ready to respond?"

Dempsey said flatly, "Because we never received a request to do so…"

McCain cut him off apparently astounded by the answer, and fired back, "You never heard of Ambassador Steven's repeated warnings?"

Dempsey answered, "I had through General Ham (Commander of U.S. Africa Command). But, we never received a request for support from the State Department, which would have allowed us to put forces…"

McCain interrupted again, "So it's the State Department's fault?"

But, Dempsey wouldn't go there. "I'm not blaming the State Department," he said.

Pressed by McCain for who was responsible, Dempsey referenced the State Department's internal review. "I stand by the report of the Accountability Review Board," Dempsey said. But, that report was neither complete nor comprehensive.

It's worth remembering that when Hillary Clinton testified before both Senate and House Committees two weeks ago, she admitted that on the night of September 11 during the attack she spoke to various "senior staff" at the White House throughout the night, but she also did not speak with President Obama. "I spoke to President Obama later in the day," she testified.

How impenetrable must be the barrier – and how totally detached and uncaring is this President – if a seven hour terrorist attack on a diplomatic installation leading to the death of four Americans including the Ambassador, doesn't merit a personal conversation between the President and either the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Defense?