Author Topic: Earnings&quality of life AUSTRALIA vs SWITZERLAND  (Read 5547 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
Earnings&quality of life AUSTRALIA vs SWITZERLAND
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »
I have a friend who moved in SWISS 14 years ago,he was poor here,had nothing and moved with his mom...he started working as a baker there (was just 18 at the time) and i think he earned around 3 000 swiss francs which is now like 3500$ (in couple years the swiss franc jumped like never before,it was the only stable valut and then the worth almost doubled)...so with that kind of money ok you will say this is nothing but he bought an appartament,a car...he is not a type that loves some fency clothes,fency cars...hes a guy who was really poor and the funny thing is he enjoy simple thing as buying a pizza and coca cola,just simple things!so the quality of life there where he lives in BASEL is pretty good!

also i read and heard people saying that in australia,if you are smart and dont waste the money,you can earn a lot just with basic labor work...

tell me your story

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Re: Earnings&quality of life AUSTRALIA vs SWITZERLAND
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »
E-Kul earns a good living sucking cock

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:03 AM »
Every Getbigger in Australia is a multi-millionaire

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:21:46 AM »

Hahahaha brutal

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:39:48 AM »
if you work hard for 10 years as a labourer and spend you money wisely you can live well off in sydney

if you work hard and take your money overseas like arabs, indians, asians, irish and blacks you can live in luxury

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
if you work hard for 10 years as a labourer and spend you money wisely you can live well off in sydney

if you work hard and take your money overseas like arabs, indians, asians, irish and blacks you can live in luxury
how much do you think can someone save working as a laborer in australia and spendind wisely in 10 years?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:03:09 AM »

true story

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:42 AM »
Hahahaha brutal

Hahaha yes...succinct and directly to the point! ;D

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:50:06 AM »
what a load of bullshit.

average ordinary earnings for an adult, $1300..thats before tax, so you are left with about $1000.
state's average house price:

mortgages on these are between $2500 and $4500 per month..or $600-$1100 per week.

doesnt take a rhodes scholar to work out that its pretty hard to live when 60-90% of your take home pay is spent on housing alone..

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 03:53:36 AM »
compare to the US which has average of about $50k and house average of $150k..

i.e. 3:1 ratio.

Australia has about 6:1 overall...

thats the difference between owning a house in 15 years versus 30...

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 03:55:55 AM »
how much do you think can someone save working as a laborer in australia and spendind wisely in 10 years?

Worked 2 years in Australia, 8 months on a water pipeline in queensland, I was the lowest paid worker on that crew (laborer) but still cleared
1600$ after tax every week, the operators (excavater, dumptruck, etc) were taking home 2200$, great job, good laugh but long hours and you might not see anybody except the people in your crew from one week to the next, lot of lads end up fighting with each other or when they have some free
time go crazy with drugs and prostitutes, there was an engineer started with us one time, he only lasted a week, he did nt gel with the crew, it dosen t matter how good you are or your qualifications, bottom line if you dont get along with the foreman, leading hand, your out, thats goes for any job in construction by the way.

Second job was working on a high rise in Perth City, WA, again only as a laborer but the pay was 32 bucks an hour, same deal as queensland, when the boss asks you to do something, keep your mouth shut and get on with it, worked my ass off there for 16 months and banked everything from the 2 years work and left Australia.

That was 3 years ago, I keep in touch with a friend who still lives in Perth, its gotten a lot more expensive there now apparently but im sure you can still make decent money and save.

Regards.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 04:05:41 AM »
compare to the US which has average of about $50k and house average of $150k..

i.e. 3:1 ratio.

Australia has about 6:1 overall...

thats the difference between owning a house in 15 years versus 30...

Where can you buy a house for 150K in the US? In New Jersey where I live that wouldn't buy a shack.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 04:15:28 AM »
sturmabteilung

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 04:42:00 AM »
Worked 2 years in Australia, 8 months on a water pipeline in queensland, I was the lowest paid worker on that crew (laborer) but still cleared
1600$ after tax every week, the operators (excavater, dumptruck, etc) were taking home 2200$, great job, good laugh but long hours and you might not see anybody except the people in your crew from one week to the next, lot of lads end up fighting with each other or when they have some free
time go crazy with drugs and prostitutes, there was an engineer started with us one time, he only lasted a week, he did nt gel with the crew, it dosen t matter how good you are or your qualifications, bottom line if you dont get along with the foreman, leading hand, your out, thats goes for any job in construction by the way.

Second job was working on a high rise in Perth City, WA, again only as a laborer but the pay was 32 bucks an hour, same deal as queensland, when the boss asks you to do something, keep your mouth shut and get on with it, worked my ass off there for 16 months and banked everything from the 2 years work and left Australia.

That was 3 years ago, I keep in touch with a friend who still lives in Perth, its gotten a lot more expensive there now apparently but im sure you can still make decent money and save.

Regards.
great!how much did you saved if you dont mind telling?
i mean where did you spent some of the money beside food and appartament rent?how much the rent cost,and if you are alone can you get some king of a very small appartament with low price,i mean something with 1 room small kitchen bath and thats it?

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 04:57:30 AM »
I have a friend who moved in SWISS 14 years ago,he was poor here,had nothing and moved with his mom...he started working as a baker there (was just 18 at the time) and i think he earned around 3 000 swiss francs which is now like 3500$ (in couple years the swiss franc jumped like never before,it was the only stable valut and then the worth almost doubled)...so with that kind of money ok you will say this is nothing but he bought an appartament,a car...he is not a type that loves some fency clothes,fency cars...hes a guy who was really poor and the funny thing is he enjoy simple thing as buying a pizza and coca cola,just simple things!so the quality of life there where he lives in BASEL is pretty good!

also i read and heard people saying that in australia,if you are smart and dont waste the money,you can earn a lot just with basic labor work...

tell me your story

Go to Switzerland-cheaper to live.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 05:13:15 AM »
great!how much did you saved if you dont mind telling?
i mean where did you spent some of the money beside food and appartament rent?how much the rent cost,and if you are alone can you get some king of a very small appartament with low price,i mean something with 1 room small kitchen bath and thats it?

rent, food and petrol were my main expenses, rent was about 200$ a week in queensland, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit on the beach in Alexandra
headlands, 200$ each.

rent in Perth was about 150$ a week, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom shoebox about 15min drive from the CBD where I worked, 150$ each.

1 bedroom unit in Perth city, probarly around 250$ a week, near the beach, 300$

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 05:56:56 AM »
Where can you buy a house for 150K in the US? In New Jersey where I live that wouldn't buy a shack.

You realize the US is pretty big, and that the numbers are the average?
Y

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
I left Australia almost 5 years ago and now live about 40 mins from Switzerland

Both places have strong economies. I can't speak for Switzerland, but property in Australia has gone from not that cheap to horrendous in the past few years. Even finding a decent rental in the Eastern capitals can be tough.

When I was back home last christmas (2011/2012), I was surprised at how expensive things had become. I guess you don't notice much when you're living day to day, but after a few years away I was a little shocked. Breakfast or lunch at a cafe, for example, I used to enjoy quite regularly when I lived there, but I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore - not with the same regularity as I used to. Going to the cinema was also a shock. Trying to find a bookstore in Melbourne, and then actually buying a couple of things and getting no change from $100 - things like that hit home when you haven't been part of the changes.

If you can get work in the mines or somewhere miles away in the bush you can save a bundle. An old school friend went and studied to be a surveyor, lived in a place called Roma for 5 years (arse end of nowhere mining town) and paid for his house outright when he got back to Brisbane.

I'm not sure what you'd need to do to earn big in Switzerland.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 07:55:48 AM »
my brains look like swiss cheese under a microscope does that count

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:42 AM »
lol i live in switzerland.

look, australia has one thing thats better, the weather.and thats it.

switzerland is the best nation bar none.

i talked to a ceo of a very big company who went to the WEF in davos, american, says the same.the british, say the same.

go figure.

its not easy but its the best nation.

How to compere :

- Old Euro country (Switzerland) & New World (Australia)
- Very old tribal nation & New immigrants nation (108 years old)
- Very small country & very big country
- Land lock country & country with 3 Oceans
- Minerals poor land & massively minerals reach continent (+ half of Antarctica)
- Cold climate & variety of climates
- Limited seasonal fresh food supply (frozen fish,farmed fish) & No limits of fresh food & hundreds of choices
- Can fish & fresh (wild) fish
- Too conservative nation & easy going nation
- Dark winter sky & beautiful blue sky
- Wildlife almost none & zillion variety (sharks,crocks,snakes,devils,goannas,spiders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)
- Education,hospitals CH system is better than Aussie I admit that
- Girls boring & Aussie chicks far,far better looking & easy going
- Hookers:Moldovian,Polish,Estonian & never ending supply of cute Asian pussy
- Etc,.etc,...........................

- CLEAR WINNER = AUSTRALIA

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 12:36:48 AM »
You realize the US is pretty big, and that the numbers are the average?

Yes!

You can buy nice 3 and even 4 bedroom homes in the Midwest for $150,000 all day.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 05:29:57 AM »
As an Aussie living in Germany - let me say this. Germans are fucking conservative.

But Aussies are not that far behind.

The Swiss - I live very close to them but I don't really know. The ones I've met have also been fucking conservative.

Australia isn't as carefree as many would like to think.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 06:53:09 AM »
galeniko - you're originally from former Yugoslavia region right?

The people I know in Switzerland all have pretty negative attitudes to people from the Balkans. Have you ever noticed this yourself in the way they behave toward you? My impression is that Swiss are generally more polite than Germans, who have no problem being a girl directly to you your face.

Switzerland has better chocolate than Australia - that's not contestible.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 07:11:46 AM »
lol i live in switzerland.

look, australia has one thing thats better, the weather.and thats it.

switzerland is the best nation bar none.

i talked to a ceo of a very big company who went to the WEF in davos, american, says the same.the british, say the same.

go figure.

its not easy but its the best nation.

I thought you said the people in Switzerland were horrible and that places like Geneva were crawling with criminal scum?

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 07:14:22 AM »
conservative people, yes, theyre ultra conservative and nationalist here, even "kanton"ist, nationalist is the wrong term.they even dislike eachothers, let alone foreigners,lol.

but the laws, the laws are what decide over quality of life, theyre liberal and lenient for citizens.

and swtzerland also has more than 1 climate zone, the guy above brought up that  point, economicaly, switzerland is the non plus ultra.

oz is 95% wasteland, a desert with couple big cities.economy based on mining.wow, now thats solid ::)

The Aussies like sex and booze and drugs and violence too; it's pretty much like UK culture there.