Author Topic: Test-flu considerations, con't. (read it)  (Read 3136 times)

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
Test-flu considerations, con't. (read it)
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:06:04 PM »
Recently, some of us have been discussing "test-flu" symptoms. It is clear to me that there is some cloudiness regarding the definition of this secondary to the multiple variations vs. similarities in symptoms (and possible compounded problem of superficial injection related infections)

Interestingly enough, in the January '06 issue of MD; William Llewellyn reviews: Steroid Fatigue: a proposed explanation

Without going into a verbatum review of this; I am wondering if in fact; we who describe what is commonly called "test-flu" are actually also describing steroid fatigue.

Briefly; by using high levels of AI's; and subsequent suppresion of estrogen completely; we are inducing what is commonly known as "menopause", and to a degree, PMS :o.  Thus, the fevers, sweats and fatigue which are also the symptoms of a "flu".

He then goes onto explain the commonly known biochem of serotoinin which is also somewhat regulated/effected by estrogen levels amongst other neurotransmitters and also can hinder reuptake of serotonin.

He summarizes that although our primary male androgen may offer positive benefits in regard to mental energy and fatigue resistance, these efects may actually be mediated by its conversion to estrogen and not the andrgen itself.

He then goes on to state that altering/regulating one's AI intake so that estrogen suppression is not that marked may be a possible "workaround".

Personally, I had recently trimmed my arimidex dose down to 0.25 mg/day and felt great but worried about "sides" that did not manifest.  I am now considering going on an alternate schedule of 0.5mg eod and 0.25mg on the alternate days.

Then maybe I will get rid of the hot flashes and fatigue that I thought was "flu".

Thoughts, anyone?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Test-flu considerations, con't. (read it)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 07:18:19 PM »
He summarizes that although our primary male androgen may offer positive benefits in regard to mental energy and fatigue resistance, these efects may actually be mediated by its conversion to estrogen and not the andrgen itself.

He then goes on to state that altering/regulating one's AI intake so that estrogen suppression is not that marked may be a possible "workaround".

Personally, I had recently trimmed my arimidex dose down to 0.25 mg/day and felt great but worried about "sides" that did not manifest.  I am now considering going on an alternate schedule of 0.5mg eod and 0.25mg on the alternate days.

Then maybe I will get rid of the hot flashes and fatigue that I thought was "flu".

Thoughts, anyone?

I give William Llewellyn the utmost respect, esp in regards to his AAS profiles.  Realize however, that what he offered up is a theory, and only that.  Due to the half-life of Arimidex, I would not be worried about the semantics of .25MG/day vs. .5MG eod.

That's minor in the grand scheme of things.  I think it's a catch22, basically you pick you poison.  Do you want maximal estrogen suppression or do you want to eliminate the fatigue and "test flu" symptoms?

It's on you, BravoBro.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

bravo

• Getbig II
  • Self Inflicted!!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 03:50:29 AM »
I'm on it, DIV...........will continue to max my yields and deal w/ any little flu symptoms as they come.......like a man should ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:38:03 AM »
I did check that article out and found it interesting, I agree with the logic.  Any way we dice it up, if you completely remove a natural hormone from your body, there will be complications...everthin g is very intertwined and I'm sure estrogen is very important for all kinds of other stuff.  It's a balancing act.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 11:26:39 AM »
I did check that article out and found it interesting, I agree with the logic.  Any way we dice it up, if you completely remove a natural hormone from your body, there will be complications...everthin g is very intertwined and I'm sure estrogen is very important for all kinds of other stuff.  It's a balancing act.

Exactly.

Remove all estrogen and you have heart issues and "menopausal" symptoms.  Allow too much estrogen you get the nasty gyno, sluggishness and irritiability.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 11:44:35 AM »
Bring on the menopause!

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:20:44 PM »
Bring on the menopause!

:)  ! W I L D M A N !  ;)
1 life 1 liver

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 05:46:12 PM »
Bring on the menopause!

Hot flashes, night sweats and the libido of a woman in her 40's..... ;D

DIV

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 06:40:55 PM »
Ur UMM

We forgot to include . . .

expanded manners of expression
with even greater emphasis . . .

:)
1 life 1 liver