Author Topic: The Making of 1992 Mr. O  (Read 4407 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
The Making of 1992 Mr. O
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:22:41 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: The Making of 1992 Mr. O
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
Just a note....(Mr. Whineberger please don't beat me up)....Bev Francis looks hot. Never thought I'd say that but I'd never seen her not compete.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:30:32 AM »
Nice post Wiggs. Haven't seen this.

But I feel like there is a part missing. I'd wanna see ronnie.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:39 AM »
Nice post Wiggs. Haven't seen this.

But I feel like there is a part missing. I'd wanna see ronnie.
I think they only profile the top 16.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »
A bulked up tony Doherty in part 2... Nice ponytail!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »
leverone was shredded to the bone,diced ,dry,smaller than his nationals win,,he went for condition here,,he got bigger and bigger over next couple yrs to his biggest 97/98 shaved head yrs,,then back to small offseasons,,

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:49:40 PM »
goddamn the sport was so cool back then

E
E

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »

E

Yeah, there's no reason it can't be like that now.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
Yeah, there's no reason it can't be like that now.

what do we have to do to get that back?

i'll do anything

E
E

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 01:56:37 PM »

^

Yeah it was!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
what do we have to do to get that back?

i'll do anything

E

It's very simple actually. And it starts with the athletes and the judges.

Judges must award those that best define the IFBB ideal and mark down those that don't

Ex: guts....marked down. signs of synthol or any abnormalities, marked down.Lack of balance and proportions, marked down. lack of tie ins, lack of serratus and intercostals, marked down.

On the bodybuilder side, The need to believe the idea that bigger in not better. Better is better. And better is a COMBINATION of size, proportions, shape, separation.

It's clear that bodybuilding hit its peak in about 1999. We haven't seen anything better than a prime Ronnie or Dorian and that was over 12 years ago for Ronnie and 20 for Dorian. With that knowledge, you need to find what was done in that era and duplicate it. Cause it won't get better than that with the technology we have. I'm not necessarily talking about just cycles.  I'm talking diet, training, supplementation, etc... All of it.

And young guys today go for the drugs and right away hit the GH, high doses of anabolics and androgens without building a solid base.  I mean look what Arnold, Sergio and those guys did with D-bol, Deca, Primo, Test and Anavar! BFG has pointed it out, I knew it and many others do. There is a formula that if you follow if you have the genetics you will be pro. That is so much more true today than ever because so many people look like shit in the amateur ranks. BUT people that probably shouldn't be bodybuilders drug it up to TRY and cover what God didn't bless them with and it creates a culture of freaks.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 05:38:02 PM »
Levrone was perfect.
asstropin

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »
Levrone was perfect.

Looked good, but soft next Yates.
Y

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »
sean is so annoying to listen to
L

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 07:17:16 AM »
That's a versace shirt Labrada is rocking at 4:30  first clip.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:33:21 AM »

Judges must award those that best define the IFBB ideal and mark down those that don't

Ex: guts....marked down. signs of synthol or any abnormalities, marked down.Lack of balance and proportions, marked down. lack of tie ins, lack of serratus and intercostals, marked down.

On the bodybuilder side, The need to believe the idea that bigger in not better. Better is better. And better is a COMBINATION of size, proportions, shape, separation.

It's clear that bodybuilding hit its peak in about 1999. We haven't seen anything better than a prime Ronnie or Dorian and that was over 12 years ago for Ronnie and 20 for Dorian. With that knowledge, you need to find what was done in that era and duplicate it. Cause it won't get better than that with the technology we have. I'm not necessarily talking about just cycles.  I'm talking diet, training, supplementation, etc... All of it.

And young guys today go for the drugs and right away hit the GH, high doses of anabolics and androgens without building a solid base.  I mean look what Arnold, Sergio and those guys did with D-bol, Deca, Primo, Test and Anavar! BFG has pointed it out, I knew it and many others do. There is a formula that if you follow if you have the genetics you will be pro. That is so much more true today than ever because so many people look like shit in the amateur ranks. BUT people that probably shouldn't be bodybuilders drug it up to TRY and cover what God didn't bless them with and it creates a culture of freaks.

Absolutely spot on about everything.Now its up to the judges to decide what direction to take.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »
bev francis looks like a slimmed down dorian

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »

The judges are to blame.

Also, for something to be marked down, there has to be a more transparent system of judging. People need to be able to see how and where a bodybuilder lost or gained points during a competition. They also need to be able to see the relative value each component of assessment is worth. The current scoring and scorecard system is a joke.

Finally, 'better is better' needs to be taught through the bodybuilding media. The concept needs to be reintroduced within the culture.

This, however, will never happen as long as hyperbole dominates and bodybuilding remains a culture bound by teenage infatuations of masculine authority.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
bev francis looks like a slimmed down dorian
SHE WAS ALMOST DONE I BELIEVE THERE TRYING TO BE THE SIZE OF A MAN...RETIRED AROUND THEN OR LIL AFTER.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »

They do mark down the synthol sometimes. They used to mark down Ernie Taylor's triceps all the time.
S

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:29 PM »
They do mark down the synthol sometimes. They used to mark down Ernie Taylor's triceps all the time.

Yes, Wheeler and Nasser used to suffer from being marked down all the time...  ::)

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:42 PM »
Man, Vince Taylor certainly had great arms, delts and calves.   

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 02:14:27 PM »
Man, Vince Taylor certainly had great arms, delts and calves.   
OUTSTANDING BBER,WON MANY TITLES ..TOP 3 MRO ,,HE STARTED BBING IN 30'S .