Author Topic: Is America the new British empire?  (Read 1609 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Is America the new British empire?
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:01:39 PM »
The book I just finished was on Britain and the peak of their empire, Victorian age thru the First World War. Anyway, a few books back was about the rise and fall of the Ottoman Empire, so the subject matter crosses over. Anyway, what I mean, is that all through history there has been a country that manipulated its people with press and propaganda and also forced policy on others by backing certain rebel groups. We seem to do the same, only without the imperial moniker. I also see similarities to fascism, just more left wing than right. What is the shelf life, if what I'm saying is correct, on our empire?

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Is America the new British empire?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:33:00 PM »
The Roman Empire lasted well over 800 years.  The western half all but disappeared by swarms of barbarians, infighting, and fragmentation, but the eastern half did exist for many more hundreds of years in differing forms. 

The United States will be around for hundreds of more years, as there is not another nation or civilization that can possibly rival it. 

- The Arabs, once great mathematicians and the father of our Romance and Germanic languages, have long fallen prey to a barbaric religion that produces nothing but ignorance, violence, and dependence on industrialized nations to take advantage of their natural oil resources. 

- The Chinese are in the process of severely polluting and poisoning their own lands with thousands of factories belching out black smoke.  Dependence upon other nation's to buy their cheaply made goods is a potential disaster that could result in hundreds of millions of an out of work populace suddenly finding themselves within a society that does not condone basic freedoms.

- The European nations are in a state of slumber, far below birth replacement rates and afraid of doing anything.  Their population is filled with a great sense of guilt, and let in hordes of uneducated immigrants in an attempt to placate that guilt.  One cannot be angry at Europe, but instead be filled with sadness and pity......millions just willing to bury and murder their own people and rich history.  Europe, as a whole, as well as the native European people, will be an extinct species in just a few generations.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »
Yes it is.  But it's shelf life will be very short because US is already imploding.

The book I just finished was on Britain and the peak of their empire, Victorian age thru the First World War. Anyway, a few books back was about the rise and fall of the Ottoman Empire, so the subject matter crosses over. Anyway, what I mean, is that all through history there has been a country that manipulated its people with press and propaganda and also forced policy on others by backing certain rebel groups. We seem to do the same, only without the imperial moniker. I also see similarities to fascism, just more left wing than right. What is the shelf life, if what I'm saying is correct, on our empire?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
i dunno... if the british empire had nukes capable of destorying anything on earth at the drop of a hat, i'm not sure the erosion would have happened as it did.

Sure, china and russia will see a rise in their global share as they cut out the dollar, but we have the huge innovations, and it's only another few years before we're due for another 'killer app' invention which revolutionizes the world... another industrial revolution... or the computer revolution.. whatever is next, it'll happen here, if only because we'll pay the minds who come up with it to work here :) 

i dont expect a huge collapse.  Sure, we will see a gradual decline in things.  But a monster crash?  nah.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:30:48 PM »
The British Empire didn't need nukes, they had the power and could of kept it.  They LET IT ERODE cos they moved with  the times.  

i dunno... if the british empire had nukes capable of destorying anything on earth at the drop of a hat, i'm not sure the erosion would have happened as it did.

Sure, china and russia will see a rise in their global share as they cut out the dollar, but we have the huge innovations, and it's only another few years before we're due for another 'killer app' invention which revolutionizes the world... another industrial revolution... or the computer revolution.. whatever is next, it'll happen here, if only because we'll pay the minds who come up with it to work here :)  

i dont expect a huge collapse.  Sure, we will see a gradual decline in things.  But a monster crash?  nah.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:04:11 AM »

it's already ending... americant will slowly take on a more minor role in global politics as asia continues to rise

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 04:05:56 AM »
wherever the jews go will become the next empire

if they decide to go to china, then china will become so

jews=money and money=power

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 04:36:07 AM »
wherever the jews go will become the next empire

if they decide to go to china, then china will become so

jews=money and money=power

Elite Jews own USA, UK and Europe, and they have sucked it dry.  Time to move to Asia.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »
Elite Jews own USA, UK and Europe, and they have sucked it dry.  Time to move to Asia.

yep

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
the British Empire peaked at the Boer War
The American Empire (or what ever word you are having your self) peaked some time between between 1944 and 1975.
In the case of both empires the slow decline was hidden from most of their respective subjects/ citizens by the shear size of cultural domination
c

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
the British Empire peaked at the Boer War
The American Empire (or what ever word you are having your self) peaked some time between between 1944 and 1975.
In the case of both empires the slow decline was hidden from most of their respective subjects/ citizens by the shear size of cultural domination

About what I thought, the death of Victoria. I see us slowly becoming a left wing fascist police state. I'm saving up for buying property abroad. I hope whoever it is will take me and my family. It will be weird, being a "dumb" immigrant somewhere when I was so successful here.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
Elite Jews own USA, UK and Europe, and they have sucked it dry.  Time to move to Africa.

Fixed that for you.  Asia is done, China has a foothold on the other asian nations besides Japan and is sucking their resources dry (Myranmar/Laos/Tibet are getting raped as we speak).

Africa will be the next frontier of raping by both China and the US.  We're already setting up bases there for spec ops and drone strikes to gain control over certain sectors that are high in resources.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
About what I thought, the death of Victoria. I see us slowly becoming a left wing fascist police state. I'm saving up for buying property abroad. I hope whoever it is will take me and my family. It will be weird, being a "dumb" immigrant somewhere when I was so successful here.

llow for simplification : The Boer war was the war that the British provoked to gain control of the gold and diamonds of Southern Africa (the previous Jamison attempt had failed) but they were barely able to win and had to resort to some drastic measures (eg concentration camps). Unfortunatly the body politic did not read the signs and further examples of hubris followed:  Scott lost at the antartic, the titanic, WW1 and its unthinking stalemate, Palastine, Even though the terrritory of the Empirt kept growing even after WW1 its power and influnce were already waining. Canada, Australia South Africa and New Zealand had home rule and even the metropolitan UK was breaking up (Irl) Its all very well documented but the hard reality of it only hit home after the Suez fiasco. While the US is unlikely to disentegrate any time soon its "soft" overseas empire (Pax Britannica giving way to Pax Americana) is already declining.  Decline is not a right or left thing rather the ambition to master others wains as their refusal to be mastered increases
c

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »
1. Niall Ferguson's book Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power directly addresses your topic.

2. Even if the U.S. experiences a decline such that it is no longer a world superpower, it will continue to exist. Great Britain is still around after its relative decline, after all. So, everything will be as before (relatively speaking) except that we won't be center-stage anymore. The transition will make some depressed for a while, after which life will continue on.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »
I say you're over the top...the U.S. is not imperial through its military...we occupy very few countries...we are imperial due to people following our values system and adopting democracy...also..the countries where the U.S. has its military generally WANT US THERE...these are the differences

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
if we are, does that make Neiman Marcus the Harrods of Dallas!!!!! ;D
w

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
Fixed that for you.  Asia is done, China has a foothold on the other asian nations besides Japan and is sucking their resources dry (Myranmar/Laos/Tibet are getting raped as we speak).

Africa will be the next frontier of raping by both China and the US.  We're already setting up bases there for spec ops and drone strikes to gain control over certain sectors that are high in resources.

if asia gets lots of cash then the Jews will find to weasel their way in and get it a hold of this cash, mark my words ;)

JEW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>asian man

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
The titanic sank... and this is sinking fast too

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »
Sadly it is.

The Democrats have destroyed any chance of recovery.