Author Topic: when a wire is wrapped around an iron bar and electrical current is passed  (Read 5483 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
you havn't told us whither the bar and the wire are insulated from each other not have you specified whither the electricity is passed through the bar or the wire
furthermore  to be pedanic. it is not clear whither you are making a statement or asking a question.

infact im just greatful to have a half decent discussion on the matter
A

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
though it

then the bar shows a magnetic charge as if the electricity is still there for a good while

is this effect soley , residual electricity , or mirrored electricity or both

thanks!
epic fail at magnetism 101 taught in 9th grade.
a charge passes through it if the wire around the bar is moved through a magnetic field.

also, if you pass a charge through a wire, it creates a magnetic field.

it does just create a charge by wrapping itself around metal...and the metal has to be ferrous in nature in order to hold a field.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
epic fail at magnetism 101 taught in 9th grade.
a charge passes through it if the wire around the bar is moved through a magnetic field.

also, if you pass a charge through a wire, it creates a magnetic field.

it does just create a charge by wrapping itself around metal...and the metal has to be ferrous in nature in order to hold a field.

god your an idiot, what did i say, now what did you think i said lol
A

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
god your an idiot, what did i say, now what did you think i said lol

You'll get this kind of misunderstanding anytime you discuss higher concepts.  People feel content to view the world through the constructs they've been given.  When you discuss things beyond the comprehension of this construct, they resort to belaboring the basic understanding that they feel comfortable with. 

It is much easier to be condescending and reply "magnets either repel or attract...we learned that in 8th grade" than it is to go to look deeper into the root of magnetic action by asking "fucking magnets, how do they work?"

You can tell them that things like "magnets do no work" (so how can they move things?), but they will continue to resort to what's comfortable--the rudimentary explanation that was the mental sedation of their youth.
Y