Author Topic: Bodybuilders Shaun Davies and Ian Homer guilty of supplying steroids  (Read 2743 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Bodybuilders-guilty-supplying-steroids-Leicester/story-18115945-detail/story.html#axzz2KfZRUNlN

A bodybuilder teamed up with a former Mr Universe champion to illegally supply steroids, a court heard. Ian Homer travelled to Thailand to buy the class C drugs, then joined forces with two-times Mr Universe Shaun Davies to sell them to other bodybuilders.

Prosecutor James House told a hearing at Leicester Crown Court how the pair started to supply the steroids, which included nandrolene and testosterone, after becoming training partners at a gym. Mr House said the two-man operation, which brought in about £16,500, was uncovered after police raided a house in Long Whatton where Mr Homer lived with his ex-partner, Gillian Rankin.

He said the officers found a stun gun and £9,000 cash in the search on January 20, 2010. They also found assorted pieces of paper stuffed inside a drinks cabinet which, said Mr House, seemed to be receipts for the sale of steroids that implicated Davies. Davies was arrested later. Homer (57), of West End, Long Whatton, and Davies (56), of St Alban's Close, Long Eaton, each pleaded guilty to four counts of being concerned in the supply of class C drugs between October 2008 and January 2010.

Homer also admitted being in possession of a prohibited weapon – the stun gun – on January 20, 2010. Homer also pleaded guilty to being involved in fraudulent trading of fake GHD hair straighteners between August 21, 2009 and January 20, 2010. Rankin (51), of West End, Long Whatton, pleaded guilty to an identical charge in relation to the counterfeit hair straighteners. Mr House said that Rankin and Homer had sold 167 pairs of straighteners for £6,262. He said they were poor quality fakes, but not dangerous ones. Homer was given a one-year prison sentence, suspended for two years. He was ordered to carry out 300 hours of unpaid work and to pay £1,000 costs.

Davies was given a 22-week jail sentence, suspended for two years. He was ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work and to pay £700 costs. Rankin was given a two-year community order with 200 hours of unpaid work. She was ordered to pay £500 costs.

Judge Philip Head told Homer: "You were the source, the importer and yours was a leading role." Andrew Easteal, for Davies, said his client stopped bodybuilding three years ago and had become the full-time parent for his 12-year-old daughter. He said steroid taking was legal, but the supply of them to others was not. He said Davies had supplied steroids to fellow bodybuilders, as many in the sport did.

Simon Eckersley, for Homer, said his client started to supply the steroids after bringing them home from Thailand, where he has a property.
He said his client was flattered to be training with a former Mr Universe and began to supply the drugs to fellow bodybuilders through associates of Davies. Jimmy Beck, for Rankin, said his client was of previous good character and was ashamed of her actions.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
Re: Bodybuilders Shaun Davies and Ian Homer guilty of supplying steroids
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:38:51 AM »
Wtf, a stun gun is a prohibited weapon?? Talk abut a pussified society!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:30:32 AM »
Davies obviously put no money down, his partner paid, or they got paid deposits upfront for stock.

So besides a crim record, he didn't lose much

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:31 AM »
Well that's the guest for Oprah's next exclusive sorted

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »
What the hell is this world coming to??  Bodybuilders getting busted for selling steroids???  Whats next, someone scamming people out of money for GH via the internet??

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:41:08 AM »
Shaun isn`t 56,he`s nearly 46.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 05:50:24 AM »
Shaun isn`t 56,he`s nearly 46.

That's what I thought. He was a common sight here in the States in Prolab ads.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »
What the hell is this world coming to??  Bodybuilders getting busted for selling steroids???  Whats next, someone scamming people out of money for GH via the internet??

Hahaha yes Krankenstein, I heard a rumour recently that a Nigerian was trying to start an email bank details scam, but it's  not 100% confirmed yet bro

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:06 AM »
Hahaha yes Krankenstein, I heard a rumour recently that a Nigerian was trying to start an email bank details scam, but it's  not 100% confirmed yet bro

Impossible

An emerging african economy made up of God fearing people like Nigeria? Never!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »
earth shattering news.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 08:21:29 AM »

I have heard of such things too.  Also, when I get home I am going to read the Cambridge study that shows me how to pack on slabs of muscle without steroids.