Author Topic: Millions improperly got ObamaPhones - cost 2 billion dollars.  (Read 12057 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: Millions improperly got ObamaPhones - cost 2 billion dollars.
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
What are some of these sites?  You  must frequent other sites regularly.

It seems sites like this, that aren't politically oriented (yet have a political board), are the best. The people are drawn into it through their interests, and they find themselves at odds on the political board.

What are some of your interests?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2013, 08:05:25 PM »
the civilized world survived with a home phone for how long?

the problem is you think they everyone should have the same things, which is a noble and nice thought...not realistic nor fair but nice.

Im all for taking care of people who need help get the basics, this isnt a basic....giving this or other govt hand outs to a family with multiple kids who "cant afford to make ends meet" isnt fair to those who plan and live responsibly

these phones aren't being given to people with multiple kids as you put it....you guys always believe that the people who are getting gov't handouts are women with multiple kids.....its more the elderly and the disabled and poor....and again..its so they can have access to their doctors, medical appointments, and employers......if a guy needs to get a job he needs to have a number where he can be called....also its good for grandma to have a phone where she can keep in contact with family...its not about "living responsibly" as you put it.....most of these people have "lived responsibly" all their lives but just can't afford a phone..something the rest of us take for granted

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
these phones aren't being given to people with multiple kids as you put it....you guys always believe that the people who are getting gov't handouts are women with multiple kids.....its more the elderly and the disabled and poor....and again..its so they can have access to their doctors, medical appointments, and employers......if a guy needs to get a job he needs to have a number where he can be called....also its good for grandma to have a phone where she can keep in contact with family...its not about "living responsibly" as you put it.....most of these people have "lived responsibly" all their lives but just can't afford a phone..something the rest of us take for granted

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »

That's quite a bit of text. Let's debunk this shit point by point, shall we?

these phones aren't being given to people with multiple kids as you put it....you guys always believe that the people who are getting gov't handouts are women with multiple kids.....

I don't care if the people have no kids, few kids, many kids, furry kids, sick kids, smart kids, dumb kids, dead kids, living kids, or cabbage patch kids. I don't think it's the proper function of government to be providing subsidized phone service or equipment.

its more the elderly and the disabled and poor....

And how is it a proper function of government to provide phones to these people?

its so they can have access to their doctors, medical appointments, and employers......

They also need a car to get their doctors, medical appointments and jobs. Should we provide cars too?

if a guy needs to get a job he needs to have a number where he can be called....

Right, and?

also its good for grandma to have a phone where she can keep in contact with family...

I don't see why I need to worry about your and everyone else's grandma. Why don't you worry about your grandma and let me worry about mine (who, coincidentally, has been dead a long time so I don't think a phone would help anyways).

its not about "living responsibly" as you put it.....

I agree. You can be abjectly poor even if you are responsible. Sometimes you can even be abjectly poor because you are responsible. So what?

most of these people have "lived responsibly" all their lives but just can't afford a phone..

Right, and? If you feel like helping them, help them. WITH YOUR OWN MONEY. Don't reach into my pocket and take mine.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
I don't see why I need to worry about your and everyone else's grandma. Mine's been dead a long time and I don't think a phone would help.

My grandparents were those old fashion types that worked all their lives and bought their own phone service and telephones.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »

I don't care if the people have no kids, few kids, many kids, furry kids, sick kids, smart kids, dumb kids, dead kids, living kids, or cabbage patch kids. I don't think it's the proper function of government to be providing subsidized phone service or equipment.

Government subsidizes almost everything we do no matter whether you like it or not...Milk would cost 8 bucks a gallon if it weren't for gov't subsidy.....bread and sugar would be expensive as well if not for gov't subsidy....also the gov't is not funding these phones with our tax money...the telecommunications companies chip in cash to fund these phones for the poor....IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TAXPAYER MONEY....so I've destroyed your argument on that...

And how is it a proper function of government to provide phones to these people?

Its the gov't's job to provide for the poor if it is in the public interest to do so...I would think that a person having a phone where they can be reached by potential employers, their doctors, and can order their medications by phone for those who cannot make repeated trips to the pharmacy, would be in the public interest.... especially in terms of having these people, most of whom are poor and elderly be able to call 911 if they are sick or the victims of a crime....destroyed again here

They also need a car to get their doctors, medical appointments and jobs. Should we provide cars too?

is this in the public interest?...don't be sillyalso the gov't does support the transportation needs of the poor and elderly...its called public transportation......

Right, and?

I don't see why I need to worry about your and everyone else's grandma. Why don't you worry about your grandma and let me worry about mine (who, coincidentally, has been dead a long time so I don't think a phone would help anyways).

we do worry about your grandma and everyone else's........I'm sure if  she were alive she would be on Medicaid and social security right??????...both subsidized by the government last time I heard???????????????????

I agree. You can be abjectly poor even if you are responsible. Sometimes you can even be abjectly poor because you are responsible. So what?

so we can't as a society have a situation where the poor have no access to the most basic services in our society.....it would cause chaos, and cost us even more money as taxpayers in the long run....I would think you would see this since you are so concerned about taxpayer money...

Right, and? If you feel like helping them, help them. WITH YOUR OWN MONEY. Don't reach into my pocket and take mine.

Taxpayer money is not YOUR MONEY its a shared pool and belongs to everyone.....if you don't believe in this then simply you would take your grandmother (if she was alive) off medicaid and pay her doctor's bills yourself......also withdraw her from social security and you take care of her out of your funds.......

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2013, 08:29:46 AM »
if you think that alot of ppl like I mentioned arent on the govt dole, youre a fucking moron.

Now go back and read andre or better yet read this quote you seemed to overlook "
Im all for taking care of people who need help get the basics, this isnt a basic"

a cell phone is not a basic need for life.

PS if you dont have enough money to make ends meet chances are you didnt live responsibily. As that is a prerequisite for having enough money to make ends meet...::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
if you think that alot of ppl like I mentioned arent on the govt dole, youre a fucking moron.

Now go back and read andre or better yet read this quote you seemed to overlook "
Im all for taking care of people who need help get the basics, this isnt a basic"

a cell phone is not a basic need for life.

PS if you dont have enough money to make ends meet chances are you didnt live responsibily. As that is a prerequisite for having enough money to make ends meet...::)

you have the nerve to call someone a moron????????? your sentence alone which stated that "if you don't have enough money to make ends meet you didn't live responsibly"...wow....that is the most idiotic statement in GetBig history....but par for the course for someone who never ever admits he';s wrong or sees someone else's point......with idiocy like this why even bother responding to you?...it would make no sense

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2013, 08:35:45 AM »
you have the nerve to call someone a moron????????? your sentence alone which stated that "if you don't have enough money to make ends meet you didn't live responsibly"...wow....that is the most idiotic statement in GetBig history....but par for the course for someone who never ever admits he';s wrong or sees someone else's point......with idiocy like this why even bother responding to you?...it would make no sense
again you read what you want and not what I wrote there dumb ass.

I said "if you dont have enough money to make ends meet CHANCES are you didnt live responsibily."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »
and you still havent addressed this as being a basic need for life......

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2013, 08:48:13 AM »
again as I said...why bother?.....for reasons stated above..you have your way of thinking and I have mine..lets leave it at that

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2013, 11:21:43 AM »
Government subsidizes almost everything we do no matter whether you like it or not...Milk would cost 8 bucks a gallon if it weren't for gov't subsidy.....bread and sugar would be expensive as well if not for gov't subsidy....

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. Can you support these assertions?

also the gov't is not funding these phones with our tax money...the telecommunications companies chip in cash to fund these phones for the poor....IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH TAXPAYER MONEY....so I've destroyed your argument on that...

The government is funding these programs with our money; don't believe me? Look for the charge which appears on your bills; it's marked "Universal Service Fee" or "Universal Service Fund".

But even if that charge isn't there and the government required that the companies pay for this, all the companies would do is pass the cost onto you by raising their prices.

So either way, that money comes out of our pockets. And you've destroyed nothing.

Its the gov't's job to provide for the poor if it is in the public interest to do so...

The "job" of the Government are defined in the Constitution. Please tell me where in the a Constitution there is a mandate that government provide for the poor.

I would think that a person having a phone where they can be reached by potential employers, their doctors, and can order their medications by phone for those who cannot make repeated trips to the pharmacy, would be in the public interest....

That you think it doesn't make it so.

especially in terms of having these people, most of whom are poor and elderly be able to call 911 if they are sick or the victims of a crime....destroyed again here

I don't think destroyed means what you think it means.

is this in the public interest?...don't be sillyalso the gov't does support the transportation needs of the poor and elderly...its called public transportation......

The Federal Government? If it's a State Government that does it, I have no problem with that. The Federal Government is a Government of limited and enumerated powers – it can only do what it is explicitly allowed; the State Governments, on the other hand, aren't – they can do anything not explicitly forbidden.

To the extent the Federal Government provides public transportation (outside of D.C.) then the Federal Government is overstepping it's bounds.

we do worry about your grandma and everyone else's........I'm sure if  she were alive she would be on Medicaid and social security right???...both subsidized by the government last time I heard?

She would, but only because she'd have no choice in the matter. She'd be forced to participate in the system at the point f the tax code's gun.

The question, though, is: is Social Security an appropriate function of Government?

so we can't as a society have a situation where the poor have no access to the most basic services in our society.....it would cause chaos, and cost us even more money as taxpayers in the long run....I would think you would see this since you are so concerned about taxpayer money...

Why would it cause chaos? And why wouldn't private charities step in and help the poor get access to such basic services? They already provide food and clothing and even shelter; many even offer facilities where poor people can use computers, phones and so on.

Even if we set aside the question of whether it's proper for the Government to provide those services, there's still another question that hasn't been answered. Why do we need the government to provide such services instead of allowing private initiatives to cover this need?

Taxpayer money is not YOUR MONEY its a shared pool and belongs to everyone.....if you don't believe in this then simply you would take your grandmother (if she was alive) off medicaid and pay her doctor's bills yourself......also withdraw her from social security and you take care of her out of your funds.......

Taxpayer money is my money because I'm a taxpayer. I have no problem paying taxes if my taxes finance appropriate functions of government – the military and the Courts in the case of the Federal Government, plus the facilitation of interstate commerce.

I wouldn't take my grandma off anything because I didn't run her life - she did. As for me, you know full well I can't take myself out of the system. Social Security takes my money, month in and month out without my consent. If I ever were to get a check from them it would, essentially, be a refund on the money they took from me.

Listen, I know you dream of a world where everyone lives in gumdrop houses and yards full of lollipops, where your need justifies the seizure of my means, where the government provides us all with everything we want and need, where no one wants for nothing and where you are entitled by right to collect things like healthcare, and phone service from the trees on which they grow. The problem is that it's a dream; and one that's been tried before and failed too.

Tell me something. If healthcare is a right, can the government force people to become doctors? After all, if sufficient people didn't opt to be doctors, people couldn't get healthcare. What then?

Let's take your theory to its logical and ultimate conclusion and let's expose you for exactly what you are: an authoritarian who believes that everyone is to be subjugated to the whims of everyone else, and ones life must be lived in the service of others

So... Again, if not enough doctors are available to ensure that people can get the healthcare you claim they are entitled to by right, what happens then?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2013, 07:49:50 AM »
It's a great idea for the government to subsidize mobile devices and phone service for people? Why is that?

Help an unemployed person get a phone so they can find a job, ...then they cover their own phone bill.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is for someone without a telephone to find employment. Heck, in your economy, it's difficult enough as it is for people with phones to find employment, without one, good luck. As one who hired, and booked for years, easy accessibility is key. No employer is going to fartz around trying to reach a potential job candidate when there is a tremendous pool of talent to draw from... who ARE easily accessible. The heart was in the right place, the problem lay in it's execution.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2013, 07:52:44 AM »
Help an unemployed person get a phone so they can find a job, ...then they cover their own phone bill.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is for someone without a telephone to find employment. Heck, in your economy, it's difficult enough as it is for people with phones to find employment, without one, good luck. As one who hired, and booked for years, easy accessibility is key. No employer is going to fartz around trying to reach a potential job candidate when there is a tremendous pool of talent to draw from... who ARE easily accessible. The heart was in the right place, the problem lay in it's execution.

Here is a hint - person shows up and says will show up on time, sober, and be a reliable person and they usually get hired.   Don't need an Obamaphone to do that. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2013, 07:58:06 AM »
Tony, I'd urge you to use your head for something other than a cock-swallowing device, and THINK about what you just wrote. It's called collusion, and it is the very nature of Fascism.

HAhahahahahaha

I gotta go before I pee my panties with laughter.
Jack, ...that's Tony you're talking to.
Cock-gobbler is as good as it gets with him.  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »

Here is a hint - person shows up and says will show up on time, sober, and be a reliable person and they usually get hired.   Don't need an Obamaphone to do that. 

Sorry Dude, that may be working for you each Saturday morning as you're lined up at Home Depot,
but speaking as one who has hired many a person... when you've got 300+ resumes & applications for 25 positions, ...those who are accessible by telephone will most likely get the job.
w

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »

I'm sorry, but you can get mobile phones - unsubsidized by the government - from VMNO providers like Cricket Wireless and PureTalk from as low as $10 per month with no contracts. If you can't afford $10 per month then you have much bigger problems to worry about, and a cell phone is unlikely to help you get a job.

I'll show you why your argument is silly. Let's assume that the debate is about a program which subsidized clothing instead of phones. Your argument from above, slightly paraphrased, becomes:

Help an unemployed person get decent clothese so they can find a job, ...then they buy their own clothing.

I don't think you realize how difficult it is for someone without decent clothes to find employment. Heck, in your economy, it's difficult enough as it is for well-dressed people to find employment, but if you're wearing old and tattered clothes, good luck. As one who hired, and booked for years, first impression is key. No employer is going to fartz around trying to hire a potential job candidate when there is a tremendous pool of talent to draw from... who ARE presentable.

I concede that accessibility is important, but it's possible to have it without the government providing cell phones and footing the bill.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »
HAhahahahahaha

;D ;D ;D

Hahaha...Tony's a good dude, though.  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »
HAhahahahahaha

lol coming from a snake oil selling c.u.n.t such as yourself, I take that as a complement.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Hahaha...Tony's a good dude, though.  ;D
hahah wasnt going to respond b/c of the plain stupidity of it but I guess now that the issue is forced I will.

So youre a Ct'er then?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
hahah wasnt going to respond b/c of the plain stupidity of it but I guess now that the issue is forced I will.

Get over it. Your own attitude is what makes for these freakshow interactions you get into. (but no one seems to mind except you, so ease up and have some fun)

So youre a Ct'er then?

Don't know what you mean by that. If you can challenge anything I've put forward, then go to the thread in question and do it.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »
Get over it. Your own attitude is what makes for these freakshow interactions you get into. (but no one seems to mind except you, so ease up and have some fun)

Don't know what you mean by that. If you can challenge anything I've put forward, then go to the thread in question and do it.
lol you're good people who has misguided and unrealistic views. Others on here are either trolls or hold views that are so out there it doesn't grant being polite to.

To borrow a line from hell on wheels: "I make no apologies for my temperament"

And it's not me who needs to prove it, it's the person making the assertion. You assert the govt is colluding with big business...provide your proof or you're a ct'er

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
lol you're good people who has misguided and unrealistic views. Others on here are either trolls or hold views that are so out there it doesn't grant being polite to.

To borrow a line from hell on wheels: "I make no apologies for my temperament"

And it's not me who needs to prove it, it's the person making the assertion. You assert the govt is colluding with big business...provide your proof or you're a ct'er

Would you deny that it's true?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 10:57:55 AM »
unlimited campaign contributions from corporations

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
unlimited campaign contributions from corporations
How does this prove collusion?

I agree it may open the door to collusion but how does it prove it?