Author Topic: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?  (Read 15749 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21:06 AM »
Staying alive after a kayaking fuck up in Maine when I was young.  Freezing cold class 4+ whitewater.  Got hammered by a hole for what seemed like a long time but it was probably less than 30 seconds.  I remember struggling to swim and being so cold and foggy I wasn't sure if my arms and legs were moving or not.  Guess they were.

whitewidow

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 04:37:04 AM »
Portland Marathon was hard as fuck! 26.2 miles all in just under 4 hours. I was sore for a week! not just my legs but every muscle I have!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:07 AM »
Your mom.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 05:12:54 AM »
I went through NAVY boot camp, did 5 bodybuilding shows, competed in D1 Track n Field, martial arts for many years, been lifting for years and years,

Now I'm training for these races - Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, and GoRuck Challenge 

So far - no bullshit - the last month of training for a bodybuilding show - mentally is the hardest of all if you do it legit. 

Physically/  Boot camp was not bad physically.   The runs sucked, but the rest was just putting up w bullshit from DI's. 

Bodybuilding shows if you do it legit is fucking hard as hell physically and mentally.   I'm on path for these races so far - and truth be told - its not has hard as training for a bodybuilding show in total when you consider diet, posing, tanning, routines, water, etc. 

Just sayin 
::)

Bodybuilding is the toughest? How do you know? I saw your "contest" pics and they look offseasonish. You never got to low bodyfat so I am not sure where your suffering and pain came from (maybe anal fisures from some big schmoe)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:22 AM »
333...... got probably his ass handed to him by a teen black Bber and never recovered.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 05:15:43 AM »
::)

Bodybuilding is the toughest? How do you know? I saw your "contest" pics and they look offseasonish. You never got to low bodyfat so I am not sure where your suffering and pain came from (maybe anal fisures from some big schmoe)

Seb he's talking about the gruelling BJ's for gear he endured every week

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 05:18:45 AM »
333...... got probably his ass handed to him by a teen black Bber and never recovered.
Monstercock, do you mean literally?  ;D

The hardest thing I did was playing top amateur level squash and a few pro qualies (5.0 and 5.5). I did this while taking a break from playing tennis on the professional tour. The fitness level required for high level squash is insane. For those who never tried I would suggest boxing or any full contact discipline. It is very hard. Ask che  ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 05:49:28 AM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 05:56:38 AM »

Bring me 3 rolls of paper towels, a shoehorn, and an angle grinder with a girdle cutting blade.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »
I went through NAVY boot camp, did 5 bodybuilding shows, competed in D1 Track n Field, martial arts for many years, been lifting for years and years,

Now I'm training for these races - Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, and GoRuck Challenge 

So far - no bullshit - the last month of training for a bodybuilding show - mentally is the hardest of all if you do it legit. 

Physically/  Boot camp was not bad physically.   The runs sucked, but the rest was just putting up w bullshit from DI's. 

Bodybuilding shows if you do it legit is fucking hard as hell physically and mentally.   I'm on path for these races so far - and truth be told - its not has hard as training for a bodybuilding show in total when you consider diet, posing, tanning, routines, water, etc. 

Just sayin 
I agree 100% . The last 4 weeks before a show is the most mentally and Physically challenging thing I have ever done! Mentally especially how the diet effects you if you are dieting seriously!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 07:57:03 AM »
Most physically challenging

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »
fucking your mom.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »

Just sayin 
PARRIS ISLAND MARINE CORP
p

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
Digging up Rocks to expose an old foundation in 90 degree weather.  I ran Cross-Country, Swam distance and have trained consistently with weights since age 16 and NOTHING compares to that at all.
You forgot boy scouts
p

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 10:32:29 AM »
i did 5 sets of 5 with 162,5 kg in olympic squat without belt or knee sleeves at 85 kg bodyweight 6' tall

it was the most hardest thing i have ever done physically like about to have an aneurysm

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
Actually - the first few workouts of Rushfit when i was weighing in at 230 were frucking brutual since i had horrible cardio at that weight. 

Got PT'd once by a DI so bad they had to call the EMT to watch in case I passed out.  Full rain gear, drill rifle, on the grinder in the sun.  Good livin.

"Self destruct.....BEGIN !!!!"  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
I dont remember what I did - but after its over - you feel tougher for it.  Mountclimbers, pushups, hold drill rifle straigh out forever, flutter kicks, etc. 

That was just the terms our CC called it.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »
Did a PT session in the pool which involved treading water for about 30 mins while dressed in combats and passing weight plates and drill rifles above our heads. I'm not the strongest at treading water and towards the end I was contemplating just sinking to the bottom and drowning.

Absolutely disgusting.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
Well, let's see:

Three-a-day practices in the August heat in college getting ready for season. That was tough every year in college. It never got easy. Lots of puking, light headedness, and just praying for it all to end. But the worst was as soon as you got the pads off in the locker room, you knew you'd be out there again in 3 hours, and it'd be hotter.

Then there was the suicide test sprint. You had to run 20 consecutive 40-yard dashes, with no more than 30 seconds rest between sprints. Your time was averaged, and ranked into your position on scout team as a redshirt, or if you actually got to dress. Not the only factor, but it was a big one. So you pushed and puked your way through it. Because they ran this right as the first thing you did when you showed up to camp, you were not ready for it like you would have been 5 games into the season. Even though you trained for it.

Bodybuilding diet in the last week with the carb and water cut. That's a long week filled with longing, suffering, dizziness, temptation, self-doubt.

But by far the hardest thing I've ever done physically was freestyle wrestling in college. I remember going the distance against the number one ranked guy in another state. He beat me 6 to 4. It was the longest, hardest match of my life. I had cut too much weight to make 209 in too short a time. I was gassed after a minute (my fourth match that day), and though I thought I had a shot going in, towards the end, I was hanging on for dear life trying not to get mercy'd. It's why I very much respect what MMA fighters can do. My lungs were burning so badly it hurt to breathe. I remember laying down for 30 minutes after the bout and not wanting to move.

The most painful thing, was when I branded the inside of my palm with a large piece of iron that I thought had cooled off. Having some beers with buddies near the bonfire. The metal poker we used to keep the fire hot usually sat to the side. I thought I had only left it in the fire for a few seconds, and picked it up. I was wrong. It was more like 30 minutes. Complete 3rd degree burns through the palm of my hand. It's amazing how sensitive the palm of your hand is. The pain was off the charts. People who choose self-immolation as a suicide are crazy. If I was a in a burning building with no chance of rescue, I'd jump. 

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 11:11:07 AM »
try and find your moms pussy inbetween all the roles

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
backpacking through the west coast trail over 7 days in pouring rain.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »
i had sex with an amputee girl once

she was the most physically challenged thing i ever did

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
Hand digging out driveways, foundations ect.
A typical monday would have an 8 yard skip dropped off at 7.30, have it full by dinnertime and fill another one that afternoon. Was fucking hard work.
This!

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
Lost coast trail hike. 25 miles in just over 2 days. Cold, Rainy,  miserable

ukjeff

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 01:06:43 PM »
threading a fine needle with fat cotton.