Author Topic: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?  (Read 16011 times)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
Re: What is the most physically challenging thing you ever did?
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
The last 4 weeks of suffering getting into this condition last year...

ukjeff

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2013, 03:40:50 AM »
I cannot take you seriously since you tried to pass a juiced physique as natural using the old I have been working in the gym relentessly for 20 years bullshit  

You obviously were never anywhere near this level of physique since you talk like a schmo not like a bodybuilder
and amended to suit.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2013, 03:53:05 AM »
The last 4 weeks of suffering getting into this condition last year...
you must have suffered

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2013, 04:09:54 AM »
Would you care to share with us your diet and drug protocol used to get into that shape?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2013, 04:20:35 AM »
i remember his cycle, was something propionate and winny, but diet i dont know.

would wanna know the diet for the last couple weeks, in particular.
me too

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2013, 04:45:15 AM »
i remember his cycle, was something propionate and winny, but diet i dont know.

would wanna know the diet for the last couple weeks, in particular.

Diet did not go much below 250g protein 150-200g Carbs fat was 50-60g. 4 meals a day, ate every 3-4 hours. Ate most of my carbs after weights in the evening and before bed, helped me sleep better...  Did an IIFYM type thing, so ate a lot of variety (fruit, bread, dairy right to the end)..used myfitnesspal to track my macros. Had a refeed meal on Tuesday evening (extra 150g carbs - mainly sushi) and a higher carb, low protein/fat day on Saturday (Carbs depended on how depleted I was. Used kids cereal, French toast, frozen yogurt etc. as long as it was low fat). The leaner I got the more carbs I ate on my refeed days (ate up 1300g carbs twice a week towards the end) I did a mix of HIIT, MISS and LISS for cardio. Weight trained 5-6 days a week Alt. higher volume and Max-Ot from week to week.

I know you always speak of Hamdulla, he's always been a big inspiration of mine too for his conditioning... actually met him at the contest I was in, was quite friendly and open to chat. English not too bad.. He said he used exactly what you mentioned above and did not use a lot. Said his weight was the same all year within 2-3 kg of contest weight...I think he won the masters 2 weeks later. Looked healthy compared to a lot of pro's & for being almost 50.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2013, 04:52:04 AM »
Not sure if you guys know what railroad ties are, but they are the big pieces of wood that go perpendicular to the metal tracks and lie on the ground. They are soaked in creosote and weigh about 300-400 lbs. when I was in college, one summer I did landscaping and me and one other person moved 23 of these things. And not just picked them up and put them down, but got them, walked them to this beach house from the road up a hill and places them. My legs and arms were quivering and exhausted by the end. Shit was intense. Never done a show, but I've ran half marathons and swam a half mile and this was brutal. 

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:21 AM »
weirdly enough I can barely swim 2 laps  :D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »
Any proof you were an elite athlete?  Pics, newspaper articles, medals, anything?   Was this while you were on roids?    
when I played on tour I was not on roids or bodybuilding obviously .. people who have been here long enough know all this including my name in the ATP database etc etc

it's veryfiable unlike taking roids and claiming natty  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2013, 05:55:12 AM »
Running on sand hills on the beach is pretty tough.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »
First thing(s) that come to mind that were not only physically challenging but psychologically messed with my mind:

-HS and College Two-A-Days in the humidity in Louisiana and Mississippi (this was my introduction on how to push beyond complete fatigue under sauna like breathing elements)

-12 rds boxing (similar fatigue to football camp to me minus the heat and humidity, I used to start thinking about life and why am I here around rd 8-9, 10-12 I usually never even remember what happened to be honest)

-5 rds kickboxing (can get pretty bad if pace is fast especially when you start to feel that rush to your heart that takes your breath away after each of your kicks, but boxing is worse imo)

-MMA (grappling vs no.2 Naga level guy, he owned me something turrrrible, did take down defense with him and he pushed me so hard by body siezed up completely in approx 2:55 of rd )

-Marathon (I remember around mile 11 my feet hurting then going numb and looking around seeing guys bleeding through their shirts because they forgot to put band aids over their nipples. I couldn't walk for the next two days..didn't train properly..just ran for about a week then did it...very stupid)

I've got a boat load of shit I can list...lol glutton for punishment type.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2013, 06:52:35 AM »
I was at the beach and finished all my booze...I had to get up,walk back to my room,make some more drinks,fill the cooler then walk back to my beach chair :'(

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2013, 06:57:40 AM »
First thing(s) that come to mind that were not only physically challenging but psychologically messed with my mind:

-HS and College Two-A-Days in the humidity in Louisiana and Mississippi (this was my introduction on how to push beyond complete fatigue under sauna like breathing elements)

-12 rds boxing (similar fatigue to football camp to me minus the heat and humidity, I used to start thinking about life and why am I here around rd 8-9, 10-12 I usually never even remember what happened to be honest)

-5 rds kickboxing (can get pretty bad if pace is fast especially when you start to feel that rush to your heart that takes your breath away after each of your kicks, but boxing is worse imo)

-MMA (grappling vs no.2 Naga level guy, he owned me something turrrrible, did take down defense with him and he pushed me so hard by body siezed up completely in approx 2:55 of rd )

-Marathon (I remember around mile 11 my feet hurting then going numb and looking around seeing guys bleeding through their shirts because they forgot to put band aids over their nipples. I couldn't walk for the next two days..didn't train properly..just ran for about a week then did it...very stupid)

I've got a boat load of shit I can list...lol glutton for punishment type.

By far my worse experience. used to play soccer pretty well and it could be pretty tough on the cardio but nothing compared to what i discovered with boxing. Your lungs are on fire, heart wants to pop out of your chest, delts are gone. Have to think about your posture all the time, calves, thighs, etc.....

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2013, 07:00:13 AM »
Digging up Rocks to expose an old foundation in 90 degree weather.  I ran Cross-Country, Swam distance and have trained consistently with weights since age 16 and NOTHING compares to that at all.
Pretty much TA. As a teen, I can remember trenching for the underground plumbing in a foundation. The ground was straight up ledge, there's a reason the town was named Stonington. Middle of July 95deg with humidity through the roof, fuck that noise

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2013, 07:08:10 AM »
By far my worse experience. used to play soccer pretty well and it could be pretty tough on the cardio but nothing compared to what i discovered with boxing. Your lungs are on fire, heart wants to pop out of your chest, delts are gone. Have to think about your posture all the time, calves, thighs, etc.....

Yep..start losing form, getting sloppy, all fundamentals start going out the window...you know damn well you need to keep your hands up, punches get lazy but you are like damn that. LOL I"M TIRED. 

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2013, 07:45:33 AM »
when i banged ukjeffs sister, lifting her obese weights was very challenging, and the pressure of those artefacts on my shoulders was the heaviest shrug training i ever did.
Wanna try that one again?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »
Kilimanjaro a few years ago. Done the easy Machame route but fuck me, the lack of oxygen fucks with your head. Feet feels like lead, you can't take that deep and satisfying breath. After every 50m or so you need to stop for a rest. Sometimes even more. All the while you're thinking that you don't need to do this, you can turn back right now and fuck off down and back home. That's was the hardest. Not quitting. I spend just over 2k to be there, what a Getbigger spend every day, but for me it was quite a bit of money back then. Still is I suppose.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2013, 10:14:01 AM »
Kilimanjaro a few years ago. Done the easy Machame route but fuck me, the lack of oxygen fucks with your head. Feet feels like lead, you can't take that deep and satisfying breath. After every 50m or so you need to stop for a rest. Sometimes even more. All the while you're thinking that you don't need to do this, you can turn back right now and fuck off down and back home. That's was the hardest. Not quitting. I spend just over 2k to be there, what a Getbigger spend every day, but for me it was quite a bit of money back then. Still is I suppose.

How long were you there?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »
How long were you there?

6-7 days iirc. I think 7 as I remember us taking an extra day. Usually it takes 5 days to the top and one day down.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2013, 10:42:48 AM »
6-7 days iirc. I think 7 as I remember us taking an extra day. Usually it takes 5 days to the top and one day down.
Does this dramatically get you in shape, I know 7 days is not long but under these conditions did you see a noticeable difference? I am very interested in doing something like this some day.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »
Does this dramatically get you in shape, I know 7 days is not long but under these conditions did you see a noticeable difference? I am very interested in doing something like this some day.

Yes, me to. Mt.Kilimanjaro is on my to do list.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »
force my cock into the ass of a da nang prostitute, verrry tight and alot of bloodshed.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

the reason these hikes take so long is they want you to acclimatize to the high altitude.  if you live in denver and were in good shape you could go up quicker if youre with a group of similar people.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
If I had to get up off my ass right now and go through a high school track practice or basketball practice my heart would explode in the first 10 minutes. My god I was in shape. 3 sports a year starting in 7th grade. When I got to college just football. In the summers I would play basketball all day long. That kept me in amazing shape. Now I just lift weights for fun. I was so fast and had endurance for days.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

As in physically? Well you'll lose some weight off course as you burn so much more calories under the effort of walking. I think I was around 215 going up and in pretty decent shape. Didn't weight myself for a day or two after coming down but when I got back to England I was just over 200 and had a few big meals inside me already. But it could also be the fact that we've spent the preceding few days in Tanzania eating very little.

Thing about acclimatisation is that you either have it in you, or don't. At the top or near the top I saw overweight people laughing and joking around, posing for pics, while also seeing slim, lean and seemingly in shape people suffer greatly and not make it at all all the way to the top. For me it was very hard. I'm not going to claim I have the greatest build in the world but I have clearly more muscle mass than the average person so it takes more oxygen to keep me going. On summit morning I swore I was near death. Imagine the most tired you've ever been, compound that x10 and put an elephant on your chest after all that. Afterwards I was thinking that I may have been in actual shock. But the team of porters that go with you can see when you start to struggle and walk with you, forcing you to drink as much water as you can. Some of our porters have summited over 500 times. 500 fucking times! It's incredible to do it once, never mind twice.

My tip would be to take an extra day. Do the 7 day trip. Believe me, you're going to appreciate that extra day. Especially if you're a big guy.