Author Topic: Chris Cormier - best bodybuilder in the last 20 years  (Read 26162 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Chris Cormier - best bodybuilder in the last 20 years
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »
Chris Cormier......in my mind.....is the best bodybuilder in the last 20 years......the man had such flow to his physique.......very nice lines.....great quad separation......small waist......just a sensational build overall.

pretty damn good stage presentation as well.

Shawn Ray is a close second.

What say you?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: C C
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »
I say you spend too much time "analyzing."

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:51 AM »
Chris Cormier......in my mind.....is the best bodybuilder in the last 20 years......the man had such flow to his physique.......very nice lines.....great quad separation......small waist......just a sensational build overall.
What say you?

I say he was dwarfed in the context of success their respective sports AND in size by CC Sabbathia, who has trimmed down to a svelte 290 and had bone chips removed from his elbow.  Just a sensational pitcher overall.

Y

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:51:54 AM »
I say he was dwarfed in the context of success their respective sports AND in size by CC Sabbathia, who has trimmed down to a svelte 290 and had bone chips removed from his elbow.  Just a sensational pitcher overall.

You think CC has a shot at 300 wins? Very few are within striking distance of our current crop in MLB.

I think he has the best chance, if his elbows hold up. His team spends money to win games, translating to better chances for him.

However archaic, 300 wins is a lock for HOF unless you're Clemens.

Not that "wins" are the ultimate measure of pitching performance, as a stat. Yes, the pitcher's job is to win games. But I think we all realize the measure of a solid pitcher is his ability to:

1. strike batters out
2. keep the ball out of play
3. when allowing a batter to put the ball in play, the ball is easily fielded
4. not walk batters
5. not give up homeruns

The above five, of which, can be more easily correlated to if a pitcher can in fact win games.

Just because you have a "win" in the stat column, doesn't mean you performed adequately enough as a pitcher to have deserved the "win".

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 10:56:34 AM »
You think CC has a shot at 300 wins? Very few are within striking distance of our current crop in MLB.

I think he has the best chance, if his elbows hold up. His team spends money to win games, translating to better chances for him.

However archaic, 300 wins is a lock for HOF unless you're Clemens.

Not that "wins" are the ultimate measure of pitching performance, as a stat. Yes, the pitcher's job is to win games. But I think we all realize the measure of a solid pitcher is his ability to:

1. strike batters out
2. keep the ball out of play
3. when allowing a batter to put the ball in play, the ball is easily fielded
4. not walk batters
5. not give up homeruns

The above five, of which, can be more easily correlated to if a pitcher can in fact win games.

Just because you have a "win" in the stat column, doesn't mean you performed adequately enough as a pitcher to have deserved the "win".

Yes, my friend, no need to sell me on the limitations surrounding the Win stat in relation to a pitcher's value.  We are in solid agreement.  You sound like a FIP guy.....

But, for CC getting 300......I'll go with yes.  Mostly based on his durability and having the Yankees offense behind him, which will get him some cheapies.  Only question is fat guy longevity, but we've seen anomalies around that too.   It's just hard to give 300 to anyone now with all the innings limits, and the fact that almost every pitcher seems to have some sort of serious elbow/shoulder problem eventually.
Y

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:39 AM »

What say you?

I....      say....

OUTED!

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »
I say you spend too much time "analyzing."

Yes, I think the vast majority of his "analysis" involves being sat in front of ebonymusclestuds.com whilst he touches himself.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Yes, my friend, no need to sell me on the limitations surrounding the Win stat in relation to a pitcher's value.  We are in solid agreement.  You sound like a FIP guy.....

But, for CC getting 300......I'll go with yes.  Mostly based on his durability and having the Yankees offense behind him, which will get him some cheapies.  Only question is fat guy longevity, but we've seen anomalies around that too.   It's just hard to give 300 to anyone now with all the innings limits, and the fact that almost every pitcher seems to have some sort of serious elbow/shoulder problem eventually.

Agree.

There are fat guy anomalies (David Wells, anyone?). Not that many, but they're out there.

That, and many teams are considering 5 guy rotations now, which really limits appearances. The way the game is changing, we may yet see middle relievers with chances at 200-250 wins, based on starters getting pulled after 5 innings! I'm speculating, of course, but I sometimes wonder...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »

What say you?
chris cormier a supreme physique

but just like dexter jackson

a subpar cranium

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
Agree.

There are fat guy anomalies (David Wells, anyone?). Not that many, but they're out there.

That, and many teams are considering 5 guy rotations now, which really limits appearances. The way the game is changing, we may yet see middle relievers with chances at 200-250 wins, based on starters getting pulled after 5 innings! I'm speculating, of course, but I sometimes wonder...

LOL!  Wells was exactly who I had in mind.

Also, the scenario you posted gives me nightmares just thinking of it in Fantasy BB context.  Let's see.....do I draft Gio Gonzalez or..........Jonny Venters?
Y

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
LOL!  Wells was exactly who I had in mind.

Also, the scenario you posted gives me nightmares just thinking of it in Fantasy BB context.  Let's see.....do I draft Gio Gonzalez or..........Jonny Venters?

Too true!

The ones who see it coming will smoke the fantasy leagues, if my prophecy bears out (I could be dead wrong, of course). As will the GM's in MLB, if the theory can actually play out on the field.

Could you imagine the cries from the stands for the first GM who shells out $10MM+ for a middle reliever, and not just one, but two of them? They'll mostly thump him out of town unless he wins 90 games.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 11:33:55 AM »
Too true!

The ones who see it coming will smoke the fantasy leagues, if my prophecy bears out (I could be dead wrong, of course). As will the GM's in MLB, if the theory can actually play out on the field.

Could you imagine the cries from the stands for the first GM who shells out $10MM+ for a middle reliever, and not just one, but two of them? They'll mostly thump him out of town unless he wins 90 games.

Billy Beane will do it first......
Y

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »
Billy Beane will do it first......

That good looking bastard!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Chris Cormier - best bodybuilder in the last 20 years