Author Topic: Soccer Popularity in US  (Read 8972 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Soccer Popularity in US
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
Soccer is viewed as a "safe" sport to get your son or daughter in when they are young, and it progresses up to HS. Much like Lacrosse (which is a far superior sport, IMHO). Except, with lacrosse, if one is good, you can get into an Ivy League school, and then many of those players go onto Fortune 500 businesses.

My brother and sister played soccer as kids. The moms get together---it seemed more about meeting and greeting than the games themselves. And of course, do to not wanting to hurt feelings, and teaching "good sportsmanship" and "camaraderie", everyone gets a trophy.
By HS, many kid's attention tends to dwindle for soccer, unless they are girls...which girl's soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, volley ball, and track tend to be the forerunners depending on your area.

HS boys with any athletic ability and height and weight are pushed towards football, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, or track.
Where I come from, the rest did soccer, rowing, sailing, and golf.

I actually like watching soccer, since I am used to watching my brother and sister play...and indoor soccer is far more entertaining, and fast paced.

Kids  don't  play soccer  , they  just run behind the ball  ,  they start understanding the game about age 12 -13 , there are of course a few exceptions.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Soccer = homosexuals with ponytails laying on the ground crying over a fake kick in the shin.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
Soccer can be quite dangerous when you get all serious and nice career may loom in the background.
I remember when 3 semi pro players came to our school to propagate the "sport" - they were literally running circles around us.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »
Soccer = homosexuals with ponytails laying on the ground crying over a fake kick in the shin.

:o :o :o

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
 :o

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 02:38:11 PM »
I'm sure soccer will continue to become more popular in the U.S. as long as single-women are raising twink sons.

And the pussification of the U.S. continues.

Why is it bad to be a "twink"? People like to hate on the obese but bigger problem is that more and more people are slightly overweight, like 10 or 20 pounds. Of course if you have private health care other people's problems don't cost you a dime but I think it's pretty dangerous to shame people into being unhealthy.

And there is a definate anti-feminist movement going on in the west. The pussification will not continue.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Kids  don't  play soccer  , they  just run behind the ball  ,  they start understanding the game about age 12 -13 , there are of course a few exceptions.
i agree, my brother and sister at that age, began to understand the game, and their positions and strategies...but, my brother liked Lacrosse better.

MikMaq

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
I'm sure soccer will continue to become more popular in the U.S. as long as single-women are raising twink sons.

And the pussification of the U.S. continues.
Winners soccer is what's killing the sport in america. The level of competition is held back, and worst yet there's no money in the sport once the kids hit high school. So a higher level of play is never found in the country.

Soccer can be quite dangerous when you get all serious and nice career may loom in the background.
I remember when 3 semi pro players came to our school to propagate the "sport" - they were literally running circles around us.
Yeah the whole pussy nonsense is shit that folks on the sidelines say.

By some magic, it's socially except-able to watch football, and never have played in a game in your life. Because it's branded as a sport for giant negroes.

Truth is most americans are too pussy for even soccer.  Yet wanna call it a fag sport. I'd doubt 95 percent of getbiggers could even keep up with the endurance of most games, fuck being able to dribble a fucking ball.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 03:05:03 PM »
Winners soccer is what's killing the sport in america. The level of competition is held back, and worst yet there's no money in the sport once the kids hit high school. So a higher level of play is never found in the country.

Yeah the whole pussy nonsense is shit that folks on the sidelines say.

By some magic, it's socially except-able to watch football, and never have played in a game in your life. Because it's branded as a sport for giant negroes.

Truth is most americans are too pussy for even soccer.  Yet wanna call it a fag sport. I'd doubt 95 percent of getbiggers could even keep up with the endurance of most games, fuck being able to dribble a fucking ball.

haha fuck off idiot... I'd be surprised if you could even bowl properly. 

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »
haha fuck off idiot... I'd be surprised if you could even bowl properly. 
Eat shit, I descent endurance before I fucked up my ankles.