Author Topic: Eating meat everyday....  (Read 8273 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Eating meat everyday....
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »
Is this bad?

Why do people limit it to a few times a week?

I eat pork and or beef on a daily basis...I'm beginning to wonder if this is not the best thing for me.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Eating meat everyday....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:38:28 AM »
i ate a pound of bacon this morning

it was fucking great

meat is king

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »
are you obese  ???

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »
Is this bad?

I eat pork and or beef on a daily basis...I'm beginning to wonder if this is not the best thing for me.

Why?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
????????

I eat 1kg of lean chicken breast ED... Something I would hear from a girl "eating meat is bad for you" yeah okay lol.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »

Why?

Haven't you ever heard that red meat should be limited to a couple times a week  ???

Something about increasing the chance of colon cancer of something like that.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
Haven't you ever heard that red meat should be limited to a couple times a week  ???

Something about increasing the chance of colon cancer of something like that.

hooey

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
I honestly don't even care even if it's true.... I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 03:24:23 PM »
hooey

You're the one posting all these bullshit studies I'm sure you've seen something like this.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23380943

Red and processed meat intake and risk of colorectal adenomas: a systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies.
Aune D, Chan DS, Vieira AR, Navarro Rosenblatt DA, Vieira R, Greenwood DC, Kampman E, Norat T.
Source

Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, St. Mary's Campus, Norfolk Place, Paddington, London, W2 1PG, UK, d.aune@imperial.ac.uk.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Current evidence indicates that red and processed meat intake increases the risk of colorectal cancer; however, the association with colorectal adenomas is unclear.
OBJECTIVE:

To conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies of red and processed meat intake and risk of colorectal adenomas as part of the Continuous Update Project of the World Cancer Research Fund.
DESIGN:

PubMed and several other databases were searched for relevant studies from their inception up to 31 December 2011. Summary relative risks (RRs) were estimated using a random effects model.
RESULTS:

Nineteen case-control studies and seven prospective studies were included in the analyses. The summary RR per 100 g/day of red meat was 1.27 (95 % CI 1.16-1.40, I (2) = 5 %, n = 16) for all studies combined, 1.20 (95 % CI 1.06-1.36, I (2) = 0 %, n = 6) for prospective studies, and 1.34 (95 % CI 1.12-1.59, I (2) = 31 %, n = 10) for case-control studies. The summary RR per 50 g/day of processed meat intake was 1.29 (95 % CI 1.10-1.53, I (2) = 27 %, n = 10) for all studies combined, 1.45 (95 % CI 1.10-1.90, I (2) = 0 %, n = 2) for prospective studies, and 1.23 (95 % CI 0.99-1.52, I (2) = 37 %, n = 8) for case-control studies. There was evidence of a nonlinear association between red meat (p (nonlinearity) < 0.001) and processed meat (p (nonlinearity) = 0.01) intake and colorectal adenoma risk.
CONCLUSION:

These results indicate an elevated risk of colorectal adenomas with intake of red and processed meat, but further prospective studies are warranted.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »
God damn you guys...like I'm making this shit up lol.

And ahmed thinking he's all tough eating chicken breasts.  

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:46:50 PM »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23380943

Red and processed meat intake and risk of colorectal adenomas: a systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies.
Aune D, Chan DS, Vieira AR, Navarro Rosenblatt DA, Vieira R, Greenwood DC, Kampman E, Norat T.
Source

Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College London, St. Mary's Campus, Norfolk Place, Paddington, London, W2 1PG, UK, d.aune@imperial.ac.uk.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:

Current evidence indicates that red and processed meat intake increases the risk of colorectal cancer; however, the association with colorectal adenomas is unclear.
OBJECTIVE:

To conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies of red and processed meat intake and risk of colorectal adenomas as part of the Continuous Update Project of the World Cancer Research Fund.
DESIGN:

PubMed and several other databases were searched for relevant studies from their inception up to 31 December 2011. Summary relative risks (RRs) were estimated using a random effects model.
RESULTS:

Nineteen case-control studies and seven prospective studies were included in the analyses. The summary RR per 100 g/day of red meat was 1.27 (95 % CI 1.16-1.40, I (2) = 5 %, n = 16) for all studies combined, 1.20 (95 % CI 1.06-1.36, I (2) = 0 %, n = 6) for prospective studies, and 1.34 (95 % CI 1.12-1.59, I (2) = 31 %, n = 10) for case-control studies. The summary RR per 50 g/day of processed meat intake was 1.29 (95 % CI 1.10-1.53, I (2) = 27 %, n = 10) for all studies combined, 1.45 (95 % CI 1.10-1.90, I (2) = 0 %, n = 2) for prospective studies, and 1.23 (95 % CI 0.99-1.52, I (2) = 37 %, n = 8) for case-control studies. There was evidence of a nonlinear association between red meat (p (nonlinearity) < 0.001) and processed meat (p (nonlinearity) = 0.01) intake and colorectal adenoma risk.
CONCLUSION:

These results indicate an elevated risk of colorectal adenomas with intake of red and processed meat, but further prospective studies are warranted.

LOL!! I was just about to post this exact link! I love Pub Med, and it's one of my favorite resources.

Anyway, it's hard to find a consensus on this matter. Also, as I've mentioned before, I'm not particularly fond of epidemiological studies, but that doesn't mean they should be discounted, either.
I try to include a variety of meats in my daily diet, including turkey, venison, beef, fish, and sometimes chicken, which I don't exactly care for.

If you have colon issues, or they run in your family, you may do better to err on the side of caution.

But don't believe that "shit" about John Wayne having over 40 lbs of impacted fecal matter found in his colon post-mortem. There is no evidence of an autopsy having ever been performed, much less someone actually collecting and weighing the crap lodged in "the Duke's" colon.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
Speaking of fecal matter I just had some xrays on my lower lumbar done last week and there was a lot of shit in there lol. I have digestive issues I'm pretty sure...kinda.

Pubmed is great right...love that site too.

You know, I try to have variety but the truth is my body hates carbs so I load up on the protein and it's hard to vary the things I eat. This is what I eat everyday....tuna(mercury), whole eggs, pork tenderloin, beef steaks, and chicken breasts. Those are pretty much part of my staple and I will vary but only a few times a week.

But honestly... just trying to make conversation. The way I see it... if I get sick,get cancer and die I didn't deserve to live anyway.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
God damn you guys...like I'm making this shit up lol.

And ahmed thinking he's all tough eating chicken breasts.  

;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 05:03:54 AM »
I ate 4 whole racks of ribs last night and survived.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »
Vegetarians are at higher risk colon cancer than meat eaters.

Vegetarians Have Fewer Cancers But Higher Risk Of Colorectal Cancer, Study

UK researchers found that vegetarians had a lower overall cancer rate than meat eaters, but contrary to suggestions from other studies, they found a higher rate of colorectal cancer among the vegetarians than among the meat eaters.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/142427.php

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 05:53:28 AM »
You're the one posting all these bullshit studies I'm sure you've seen something like this.

i post studies... typically i do not post meta-analyses

meat is the original super food

herbivores eat high nutrient foods (grass) and concentrate it into steak perfection

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
;D

:P

Vegetarians are at higher risk colon cancer than meat eaters.

Vegetarians Have Fewer Cancers But Higher Risk Of Colorectal Cancer, Study

UK researchers found that vegetarians had a lower overall cancer rate than meat eaters, but contrary to suggestions from other studies, they found a higher rate of colorectal cancer among the vegetarians than among the meat eaters.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/142427.php

They deserve it.

;D

i post studies... typically i do not post meta-analyses

meat is the original super food

herbivores eat high nutrient foods (grass) and concentrate it into steak perfection

I don't know how anyone can NOT eat meat....its sooooooo good!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
I don't know how anyone can NOT eat meat....its sooooooo good!

no homo :)

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 06:48:23 AM »
i find lean meats to be ok but I try to limit things like bacon

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
i find lean meats to be ok but I try to limit things like bacon

everything in moderation

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Is this bad?

Not ideal.
I think this video explains it better than I can.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
I usually eat a few slices of bacon on the weekends...... and will eat a ribeye 3 times a month.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »
Not ideal.
I think this video explains it better than I can.

None of those issues are caused by meat consumption. Processed foods, simple glutamates and sugar are the issue in the American diet.