Author Topic: It's on, just started the foundation for my next euro trip.  (Read 4932 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
It's on, just started the foundation for my next euro trip.
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
Well, after my last trip to Italy and Germany, my wife and I made a plan to go back this year for our anniversary. With a baby on the way, that made it impossible, so we decided on this coming Christmas. So, we're headed out December 19th and staying through January 4th. We are starting in Rome, then flying to Vienna, then to Munich then to Paris and finally home. While in Vienna, I'm planning a day trip to Prague to see a buddy from college, then while in Munich a day trip to Nuremberg and possibly Salzburg. I know this is early to start any real planning, so I'll be bookmarking and bumping the thread in about 8 months, but to my fellow Eurogetbiggers, based on the cities I've named, what else besides the stereotypical stuff should I engage in?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: It's on, just started the foundation for my next euro trip.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
Pics of wife?
X

Schmoff

• Getbig V

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »
Pics of wife?

Preferably while pregnant

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 01:34:59 PM »
When you hit Vienna and you're ready for a beer, let me know.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 01:46:41 PM »
When you hit Vienna and you're ready for a beer, let me know.

Will do. Also, while reading about the Ottoman Empire, they refer to the Walls of Vienna, are these walls still there? Or is it just a big circular road on the inner part of the city.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 01:50:41 PM »

Preferably while pregnant

Maybe next time. I'll look you up on my summer 2014 Euro trip. Planning on hitting Eastern Europe and St Petersburg.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »
Pics of wife in blue bra and panties.

Stop holding out on us.
X

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
Well, after my last trip to Italy and Germany, my wife and I made a plan to go back this year for our anniversary. With a baby on the way, that made it impossible, so we decided on this coming Christmas. So, we're headed out December 19th and staying through January 4th. We are starting in Rome, then flying to Vienna, then to Munich then to Paris and finally home. While in Vienna, I'm planning a day trip to Prague to see a buddy from college, then while in Munich a day trip to Nuremberg and possibly Salzburg. I know this is early to start any real planning, so I'll be bookmarking and bumping the thread in about 8 months, but to my fellow Eurogetbiggers, based on the cities I've named, what else besides the stereotypical stuff should I engage in?

We are, quite literally, in the same boat although we just stuck to London and the surrounding towns our first trip...now we are planning to hit up Germany/Austria for our 5 year.

Should be fun. If we go during the same time, PM me, we'll grab a beer, do push ups in the street and have our wives take photos us with our sleeves rolled up giving the point and thumbs up.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »
We are, quite literally, in the same boat although we just stuck to London and the surrounding towns our first trip...now we are planning to hit up Germany/Austria for our 5 year.

Should be fun. If we go during the same time, PM me, we'll grab a beer, do push ups in the street and have our wives take photos us with our sleeves rolled up giving the point and thumbs up.

Oh no doubt, maybe throw hands too.  ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
Will do. Also, while reading about the Ottoman Empire, they refer to the Walls of Vienna, are these walls still there? Or is it just a big circular road on the inner part of the city.

Some remnants/mini walls are still there - they enhance the multicultural vibe greatly.
Looking forward to meet an all American getbigger.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
Paris sucks , and so do the people. very overrated. Italy is the bomb, the people are super friendly and the food is the best in the world.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 04:28:36 PM »
Paris sucks , and so do the people. very overrated. Italy is the bomb, the people are super friendly and the food is the best in the world.

My wife wanted to see Paris, and to tell you the truth, I kind of did as well. I'm gonna take the Chunnel to London and check that out. I agree, I liked Italy as well. Last year, we did Rome, Florence, Venice and Verona. You're right, food was awesome. I figured Paris would be a bit uppity, but I wanted to "check that box" at least once while in Europe.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
I

Irongrip400

• Getbig V

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »
Iron grip, how old is your wife?
X

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
Iron grip, how old is your wife?

31, same age as me.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 02:29:53 AM »

I'm partial to Heidelberg, which isn't that far from Munich. The old town, overlooked by the old castle is quite nice. As it's a university town, and near to Mannheim (US mil. base) it's very young and international. Food is not great, although there are a few exceptions (Vinothek Oskar). Also everything's in walking distance, provided you park in/near the old centre (P13 ideally).

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 02:34:01 AM »
31, same age as me.

Does she have an innie or an outie?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:51:18 AM »

Couldn't find the vid but the best advice I ever heard was when Rick Steves was talking about using universally recognized words to communicate with the locals and advised American travelers:

"Don't say 'My car has broken down.'

Say 'Auto: Kaput!'"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »
Anyone got any suggestions for a good Wagner opera?  Was gonna go to a Mozart symphony in Vienna or Salzburg, and Wagner in Munich.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
Anyone got any suggestions for a good Wagner opera?  Was gonna go to a Mozart symphony in Vienna or Salzburg, and Wagner in Munich.

there's this thing called google... actually, true anus will be happy to use it for you, so never mind.