Author Topic: while both parties are authoritarian trash, one of them values ignorance  (Read 979 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
 one values ignorance , dogma, and tribalism

the other progress, science, and collectivism

not hard to choose the lesser of two evils

:)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
one values ignorance , dogma, and tribalism - Clearly the liberal idiots....enjoy you're communes douchebags.

the other progress, science, and collectivism - I guess you're going for Repubs...but I wouldn't agree

not hard to choose the lesser of two evils - seems impossible to me.  Go 3rd party....take a stand.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
one values ignorance , dogma, and tribalism - Clearly the liberal idiots....enjoy you're communes douchebags.

the other progress, science, and collectivism - I guess you're going for Repubs...but I wouldn't agree

not hard to choose the lesser of two evils - seems impossible to me.  Go 3rd party....take a stand.

???

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

::)    enjoy wasting your vote.. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham

You don't gets points for voting for the winner. 

Voting for someone you don't believe in so that you have a better chance of having voted for a winner is pretty lame when you get down to it.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
How will things ever change if everybody continues with the same cycle?

I figured you'd be the last person to come out with this bullshit response... yes, in a literal way, it is wasting your vote, but over time, if more and more people start to actually attempt to make a change, it could work.

This is exactly the kind of logic that allows the current parties to thrive and do whatever the fuck they want.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

Bahahaha, comical. They're both as shitty as your career prospects.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

Yeah, the GOP has made ignorance a virtue.  "Hey, I like Sara Palin, she is as stupid as me, so I'll vote for her".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Yeah, the GOP has made ignorance a virtue.  "Hey, I like Sara Palin, she is as stupid as me, so I'll vote for her".

Hank Johnson. 

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Ironically, even if you have a George W. Bush-type Republican in office that finds it necessary to satisfy his base by selectively stymieing USG science programs (e.g., stem cell research), government funding for science is higher under Republican administrations -- using NSF funding and various research projects under the aegis of defense spending (the results of which often spill into the private sector and impact all our lives later on) as metrics.

This state of affairs might not be preserved under a Bachmann or Santorum-type (i.e., the genuinely mental Republicans), but these are the candidates people like McWay support and so will never be elected to the presidency anyway.

Whatever the status of Republican voters in general, then, the establishment and libertarian types give every indication of supporting science (regardless of the God talk they may engage in) and voting for such people shouldn't be a non-option for those who think science matters.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: while both parties are authoritarian trash, one of them values ignorance
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 12:47:34 AM »
Very laughable that people out there still like to proclaim Bush, Palin, and other conservatives as stupid when they have accomplished far more than what they could ever hope to attain.  By the way, stupid people are not able to pilot fighter jets, graduate from Yale, run large businesses, be a governor of huge states, and be a two-term president.

There is no reason to be angry at any politician.....they are simply what the populace wants.  The voters receiving government subsidies and possessing little to no education now outnumber everybody else, and our government is just a reflection of that.