Author Topic: Bond 24  (Read 2155 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bond 24
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=74317

Sam Mendes Set To Return For Stand-Alone JAMES BOND 24; Production May Begin This Year

Not too long ago, we learned of plans for a two-part story (written by Skyfall's John Logan) which would be spread across the 24th and 25th instalments of the James Bond franchise and be shot back to back. Well, according to The Daily Mail, those plans have been scrapped and they will now instead be completely stand-alone tales. Part of the reason for this is because director Sam Mendes was reluctant about committing to a four year shoot, and while he still hasn't fully committed to a follow-up to Skyfall, sources tell that site that "he's '75 per cent' of the way towards doing it". As of right now, Logan has reportedly penned two treatments for both movies, but Mendes wants to see the finished script before he signs on the dotted line. If this all works out, it is expected that the currently untitled James Bond 24 will begin pre-production either later this year or early 2014.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bond 24
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
 :'(

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75258

Sam Mendes Confirms That He Won't Direct JAMES BOND 24

"It has been a very difficult decision not to accept Michael and Barbara’s very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie," Sam Mendes told Empire Online just weeks after Skyfall won "Best British Film" at this year's BAFTA's. "Directing Skyfall was one of the best experiences of my professional life, but I have theatre and other commitments, including productions of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and King Lear, that need my complete focus over the next year and beyond." There had been some doubt that the director would return for the next film, although recent reports seemed to indicate otherwise, especially as writer John Logan had also agreed to return. However, Mendes isn't ruling out coming back to the franchise at some point in the future. "I feel very honoured to have been part of the Bond family and very much hope I have a chance to work with them again sometime in the future."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:15:38 AM »
Yes!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=83057

Sam Mendes Confirmed For 'BOND 24', Release Date Set For Nov 6, 2015

It was a slightly bizarre case of 'He will, then he won't, then he will, now he's unsure.' But director Sam Mendes now appears to be 100% confirmed to direct the follow up to "Skyfall' which is set for release in the US on November 6, 2015.

Daniel Craig is also set to return as the titular hero with a script written by John Logan (Skyfall, Gladiator). The film will be released in the UK on October 23, 2015, roughly two weeks ahead of the American release date. Mendes' "Skyfall" is the highest-grossing James Bond film of all-time, crossing the $1 billion dollar mark worldwide. Said Mendes, "I am very pleased that by giving me the time I need to honour all my theatre commitments, the producers have made it possible for me to direct Bond 24. I very much look forward to taking up the reins again, and to working with Daniel Craig, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli for a second time."

Interesting enough, Marvel Studios' "Ant-Man" is presently scheduled to open on the same day.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:28:47 PM »
Exclusive Making of FLEMING: Who Is The Real James Bond? Jan 29 BBC AMERICA