Author Topic: Question to getbiggers with kids  (Read 1687 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Question to getbiggers with kids
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:30:06 AM »
Having a kid or kids, do you still feel the same urgent need to "look good" in bathroom cellphone pics or to use compounds to appear "big" to your surroundings?

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
Re: Question to getbiggers with kids
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 05:27:43 AM »
Having a kid or kids, do you still feel the same urgent need to "look good" in bathroom cellphone pics or to use compounds to appear "big" to your surroundings?

Kids change everything. More working less gym time is number one. 50% less sleep is two. Both make serious training near impossible... of you are a responsible parent that is. Having 2 girls though, I'm trying to hang on so that I can make on last serious run at super intimidation when they are teenagers.
$

simon

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45:26 AM »
^^^^what he said. 

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:06:13 AM »
I miss working out like hell and I'm on day four with kids.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »
Having kids made training and eating right a much lower priority. Being a dad and providing well and looking after your kids becomes main priority.

Those early days are hard i feel for you.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
this shit is gonna happen to me in a few months

on suicide watch

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »
Having kids made training and eating right a much lower priority. Being a dad and providing well and looking after your kids becomes main priority.

X2

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 12:04:08 PM »
I miss working out like hell and I'm on day four with kids.

Congrats.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:10 PM »
I don't think I am working out with less intensity, the time when I go to the gym has changed to 6:30 in the morning tho.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 12:06:14 PM »

X3

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
When you have kids, everything else is  ''oh well'' if I would be granted a wish that my son and daughter have a prosperous life and a successful one in exchange for me to live on the streets begging for money I would sign in a heart beat.

Still put effort into things but as secondary priority, even bodybuilding means less to me then before, I do it cause I love it and I have good genetics so it's easy but not because I have any ambition, that went out the window when I had kids.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »
I go to bed when the kids go to bed and I get up at 0500 to train in my home gym. Most days, it works. Of course, I have pumped thousands into my home gym so that I don't miss a commercial gym.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
Thanks, at least I'm not alone  8)

this shit is gonna happen to me in a few months

on suicide watch

I hear you there.. I just delude myself I will never stop working out, traveling, partying browse getbig etc. Because else I would lose my sanity :(

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:27 PM »
I go to bed when the kids go to bed and I get up at 0500 to train in my home gym. Most days, it works. Of course, I have pumped thousands into my home gym so that I don't miss a commercial gym.
Post some pics of you home gym , stud .

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »

Groink
avoids this
thread like he
avoids paying
his debts

Hahahahaaaaaaaa.

"You can't exrecise and eat right, your'e a parent now!!"

yeah...why would you want to be fit and healthy into your older years when you have children...i can't think of one reason  ::)

MUCH better to be the fat fuck on the couch watching sports all weekend, who always has a bullshit excuse when his  kid wants to actually DO something that doesn't involve just giving them money.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 01:31:21 PM »
I never stoped training, it just stopped being the main focus.
I fit an hour or so of training in when i come home from work before the gf goes out to work.
Then it get kids bathed,supper, do any homework with my boy then into bed.
Then sit down ha

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I have two sons (10 & 7). I'm still at the gym 6-7 days a week. Eat good. My boys love to play sports. I play some sport with them almost daily. Parents that stay in shape are much better parents then fat lazy out of shape moms and dads. At 46 I'm also in better shape then 98% of the general population.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 06:52:30 PM »
it gets easier as you they get older.

ages 0 to 2, forget about any kind of normalcy.

Then, by the time they're 5 or 6, they actually can make life easier, help out with things, and they sorta become best buddies more than pets.  Granted, you still have to whoop their ass when they test boundaries lol... but it's like you're partners in crime, yall against the world.  When they're babies, it's like cute pets that fill diapers and wake up at 4 am.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 06:54:44 PM »
I do sleep less. But still workout the same or better than before.
Even with 3, you have to have balance and working out is my break. I don't go out and drink, I would rather workout.
I am lucky and workout while they see at school. So I don't miss much.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

Then, by the time they're 5 or 6, they actually can make life easier, help out with things, and they sorta become best buddies more than pets.  Granted, you still have to whoop their ass when they test boundaries lol... but it's like you're partners in crime, yall against the world.  When they're babies, it's like cute pets that fill diapers and wake up at 4 am.
lol ya bro,  my son does everything for me lol. He gets me drinks, brings me food and he loves it, makes him feel good to bring me stuff, hey I am not complaining  :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »

Yup, agreed.  And  like money man said above, you can still prioritize it after.  It's more difficult, of course, but you eventually figure it out.
Y

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »

No

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »
I don't think I'll ever stop working out.
It isn't priority one but it wasn't before either. But I am 29 so feel like I'm way too young to hang up the trunks (figuratively speaking)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:49 AM »
Some guys just don't really give a fuck about being a parent so if their partner is the kind that will indulge them in that kind of behavior, I guess one can just stay on the same tracks. For most guys who feel the need to get invested in parenthood, there's no way you can maintain the same lifestyle and workout habits. At least, 'til your kids are about 6-7 yo. I still workout, not as many hours and I just don't get bothered any more with periodizations and nutrition. If anything, I can at least say that I try to keep it as intense as i can to still make that time profitable.

Papper

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 01:01:12 AM »
Some guys just don't really give a fuck about being a parent so if their partner is the kind that will indulge them in that kind of behavior, I guess one can just stay on the same tracks. For most guys who feel the need to get invested in parenthood, there's no way you can maintain the same lifestyle and workout habits. At least, 'til your kids are about 6-7 yo. I still workout, not as many hours and I just don't get bothered any more with periodizations and nutrition. If anything, I can at least say that I try to keep it as intense as i can to still make that time profitable.

My training before was about 40-50 minutes effective time in the gym, 4-5 times a week, and one or two long walks (which you can do with a stroller) so I think I can manage that even with kids. I'll see how it pans out.