Author Topic: Old TV Shows  (Read 27074 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Old TV Shows
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »
Farmers daughter thing for me. They are the kinds of girls that appear innocent but ride you like you are a bucking bronco when no one is around.
here's a flaashback for ya.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
that freaking granny character was annoying. she tried to cure dave draper of the dreaded barbellis disease when he was a guess star. dave universe.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:14 AM »
I loved Dean Martin's show when I was a kid....They said he was really drinking while doing the show.....I always knew as a kid that he was just playing himself and drinking on TV.....you would see him holding drinks and drinking during the show.....and even see him smoking a cigarette...you could never ever get away with that today

You may find this bit of trivia interesting.
Dean's son, Ricci, wrote (in That's Amore: A Son Remembers Dean Martin, p. 55):

While it was true that Dad drank, the drunky routines were an act. On stage, and later on the set of his TV show, Dad usually had a J&B scotch and soda he nursed through the performance. It was almost always a weak scotch and soda. Other times it was just apple juice. I never saw Dad drink a martini, although the martini glass logo was frequently used in his TV show promotions and there have been countless martini bars christened in his honor. I suppose much of the association came from the last name he took, but he was never much of a martini drinker.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
my favorites in no particular order, seinfeld,the three stooges i own the box set of every episode 45 bucks on amazon, laredo,the munsters and addams family[ i know they were stupid] car 54,andy griffin, leave it to beaver,the outer limits,lost in space, voyage to the bottom of the sea,land of the giants. ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes...I too was an avid outer limits/ lost in space/ voyage to the bottom of the sea/ land of the Giants fan..loved those shows......I still watch them today on Hulu for free!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 09:46:32 AM »
Farmers daughter thing for me. They are the kinds of girls that appear innocent but ride you like you are a bucking bronco when no one is around.

What I find amusing is that, at least until a few years ago, Donna Douglas still makes appearances "as" Elly May - complete with pigtails - at close to 80 years old.

(from a TN parade in 2007)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 09:49:26 AM »

What I find amusing is that, at least until a few years ago, Donna Douglas still makes appearances "as" Elly May - complete with pigtails - at close to 80 years old.

(from a TN parade in 2007)

thats embarrassing but she had to,....all those TV stars from that era got paid shit with no residuals.....thats why they have to embarrass themselves doing that....Bob Denver had make appearances wearing that dopey Gilligan hat until he was in his late 60's

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
thats embarrassing but she had to,....all those TV stars from that era got paid shit with no residuals.....thats why they have to embarrass themselves doing that....Bob Denver had make appearances wearing that dopey Gilligan hat until he was in his late 60's

It will be fun to watch some of the genetic abominations from Jersey Shore doing the same thing 40 years from now - still trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. Granted, they made a lot more than the 60's stars, but look at them. Take Snooki, for example. How far down the road do you think she plans for? Are "saving" and "investing" even words in her vocabulary?

Or, maybe we'll see "The Situation" hosting the HSN with his stupid hair and spray-on orange tan.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
alot of slap stick comedy but they also did have alot of good one liners too

On Curly dying: "What's your name so I can tell your mother?"  Curly: "My mother knows my name"

Testing Curly's eyesight: "How many letters on this side of the card?"  "seven"   "no, eleven; you better use the glasses....now how many letters on that side of the card?"   "what card?"

:D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »

It will be fun to watch some of the genetic abominations from Jersey Shore doing the same thing 40 years from now - still trying to cash in on their 15 minutes of fame. Granted, they made a lot more than the 60's stars, but look at them. Take Snooki, for example. How far down the road do you think she plans for? Are "saving" and "investing" even words in her vocabulary?

Or, maybe we'll see "The Situation" hosting the HSN with his stupid hair and spray-on orange tan.

good point

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 12:30:08 AM »
The Love Boat
Fantasy Island
Mork and Mindy
What's Happening
Good Times
Welcome Back Kotter
Three's Company
WKRP in Cincinnati
Alice
Facts of Life

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »

Yum!  Not granny
A

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:34 AM »
I didn't initially think of this as old, but it debuted almost 25 years ago: Coach with Craig T. Nelson. They maybe changed writers and/or ran out of ideas towards the end, but I enjoyed the earlier episodes.

The Cosby Show was also funny, but I've always liked Bill Cosby.
Mr. Cosby also hosted a show I LOVED as a tyke: Picture Pages!

It seemed like Married With Children was on longer than Gunsmoke, debuting in '87. Again, the earlier episodes seemed to be the best. By about the mid-90's, I lost interest.

I also loved The Joy of Painting. My Mom would put that on for me after Sesame Street, and watching Bob Ross guaranteed afternoon nap time!

And, who can forget The Muppet Show? What other puppet show made it to TV and featured guests like Bernadette Peters, Peter Sellers, Dudley Moore, and Sylvester Stallone?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 07:00:29 AM »
No love for The Dukes of Hazzard ??? >:(

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »
I didn't initially think of this as old, but it debuted almost 25 years ago: Coach with Craig T. Nelson. They maybe changed writers and/or ran out of ideas towards the end, but I enjoyed the earlier episodes.

The Cosby Show was also funny, but I've always liked Bill Cosby.
Mr. Cosby also hosted a show I LOVED as a tyke: Picture Pages!

It seemed like Married With Children was on longer than Gunsmoke, debuting in '87. Again, the earlier episodes seemed to be the best. By about the mid-90's, I lost interest.

I also loved The Joy of Painting. My Mom would put that on for me after Sesame Street, and watching Bob Ross guaranteed afternoon nap time!

And, who can forget The Muppet Show? What other puppet show made it to TV and featured guests like Bernadette Peters, Peter Sellers, Dudley Moore, and Sylvester Stallone?

the funny thing about "the joy of painting" is that this program is STILL being shown (I've seen it) even though Bob Ross died like 20-25 years ago!.....Its funny watching this show now with his big Afro...and it was so funny how he made painting look so easy!....but when I tried it my paintings looked like shit...LOL

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
No love for The Dukes of Hazzard ??? >:(

Ooh, good catch!
Forgot about that one.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

the funny thing about "the joy of painting" is that this program is STILL being shown (I've seen it) even though Bob Ross died like 20-25 years ago!.....Its funny watching this show now with his big Afro...and it was so funny how he made painting look so easy!....but when I tried it my paintings looked like shit...LOL

I wasn't even old enough for pre-school, and was fascinated by this guy painting portraits with a knife.

Ross allegedly ripped off another artist, too. The "wet-on-wet" technique supposedly originated with another painter, who taught it to Bob and got pissed when Bob then presented it as his own method and made money with it.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 01:06:45 PM »

Ooh, good catch!
Forgot about that one.

''Just a good old boy,
never meaning no harm"

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »

''Just a good old boy,
never meaning no harm"

coy and vance rocked   :-X
K

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »

''Just a good old boy,
never meaning no harm"

Good catch x2.  I can't believe that show slipped my mind. Lived it as a kid
A

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 10:22:24 PM »
The first person that came to mind was Billy Crystal.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/02/10-saturday-night-live-stars-who-arent-famous-from-saturday-night-live

10 “Saturday Night Live” stars who aren’t famous from “Saturday Night Live”

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 10:23:49 PM »
The first person that came to mind was Billy Crystal.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/02/10-saturday-night-live-stars-who-arent-famous-from-saturday-night-live

10 “Saturday Night Live” stars who aren’t famous from “Saturday Night Live”

The one that I thought would be on the list that wasn't is Larry David

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »

I wasn't even old enough for pre-school, and was fascinated by this guy painting portraits with a knife.

Ross allegedly ripped off another artist, too. The "wet-on-wet" technique supposedly originated with another painter, who taught it to Bob and got pissed when Bob then presented it as his own method and made money with it.

thats funny

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »
Good catch x2.  I can't believe that show slipped my mind. Lived it as a kid

Yup.

.....GAWD DAMN Daisy Dukes :o ;D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!