Author Topic: Old TV Shows  (Read 26977 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Old TV Shows
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 08:13:17 AM »
just a few of my favorites:

Hogans Heroes

Vegas

Swat

TJ Hooker

Charlie's Angels

Fantasy Island

The Hulk

Dukes of Hazzard

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
Bonnie Franklin from One Day at a Time passed away today. RIP

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=611971648817634&set=a.118494461498691.20993.116969841651153&type=1&theater

She was really hot back in the day..used to masturbate  to her

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75806

Joss Whedon Is Happy For VERONICA MARS; But Don't Hold Out For A FIREFLY Revival

Although we didn't cover it here on CBM I'm sure a lot of you heard about the Veronica Mars Kickstarter madness from the other day. Series creator Rob Thomas and star Kristen Bell launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their long-gestating film treatment with a goal of $2 million - and in a mere 10 hours they had it, breaking records along the way. There was some controversy over a massive corporation asking for money from fans to fund their movie of course, but obviously those fans were only too happy to pitch in to finally see their favorite show get a proper send off. Predictably, this opened the door to many other possibilities and the one show on everyone's lips was Joss Whedon's Firefly. The show already had one movie spin-off called Serenity but fans have wanted to see more from Captain Mal and his crew for many years now. So now it's possible right? Well, not really. Here's what Whedon himself had to say to Buzzfeed on the matter.

“That’s what everybody wants to know about. Uh, yeah. My fourth feeling when I read about [the Veronica Mars Kickstarter campaign] was a kind of dread. Because I realized the only thing that would be on everybody’s mind right now. I’ve said repeatedly that I would love to make another movie with these guys, and that remains the case. It also remains the case that I’m booked up by Marvel for the next three years, and that I haven’t even been able to get Dr. Horrible 2 off the ground because of that. So I don’t even entertain the notion of entertaining the notion of doing this, and won’t. Couple years from now, when Nathan [Fillion]‘s no longer [on] Castle and I’m no longer the Tom Hagen of the Marvel Universe and making a giant movie, we might look and see where the market is then. But right now, it’s a complete non-Kickstarter for me.”

The director goes on to point out that 2 Mill might be fine for something like Veronica Mars but even if he did have the time, something as special effects heavy as Firefly would take quite a bit more moolah. “We come to Veronica Mars to hear her talk and hear her father talk. But Firefly/Serenity, it’s kind of a different animal."

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project?ref=live

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 06:57:56 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/arts/television/malachi-throne-actor-in-it-takes-a-thief-dies-at-84.html?adxnnl=1&ref=todayspaper&adxnnlx=1364521863-ehOFKC3opp3fwP/EiHGA1g

Malachi Throne, Actor on TV, Dies at 84

By DANIEL E. SLOTNIK

Malachi Throne, a character actor best known for playing Robert Wagner’s boss on the ABC spy series “It Takes a Thief” and a villain on “Batman,” died on March 13 at his home in Los Angeles. He was 84.

The cause was complications from lung cancer, his wife, Marjorie, said.

Mr. Throne was a brawny, deep-voiced mainstay on television for nearly 50 years. He appeared on everything from “The Untouchables” in the early 1960s to “The West Wing” in 2002, and was one of the few actors seen on both Gene Roddenberry’s original “Star Trek” and “Star Trek: The Next Generation.”

On “Batman,” in a two-part episode in 1966, he played False-Face, a criminal master of disguise whose visage is never fully revealed. For a time, Mr. Throne’s own identity remained a mystery; a question mark, rather than his name, appeared in the credits after Part 1, leading to wide speculation among fans.

“Every P.R. man in Hollywood started the wheels turning, that it was Frank Sinatra who was supposed to be False-Face; Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Lawford — the whole Rat Pack,” Mr. Throne once told The Asbury Park Press. His identity was revealed at the end of the second installment.

Mr. Throne’s longest recurring part was on “It Takes a Thief.” From the show’s debut in 1968 until not long before it ended its short run, in 1970, he played Noah Bain, the boss of Alexander Mundy, a cat burglar and pickpocket turned government agent.

Malachi Throne was born on Dec. 1, 1928, in New York City and grew up in the Bronx. He attended Brooklyn College, served in the Army during the Korean War and acted on Broadway in Reginald Lawrence’s “Legend of Lizzie” and other plays. He also had a small role in the 2002 film “Catch Me if You Can.”

In addition to his wife, the former Marjorie Bernstein, he is survived by two sons, Zachary and Joshua, from his marriage to Judith Merians; a stepdaughter, Jill Chase; a stepson, Gary Kwawer; two grandchildren; and a sister, Sherry Lazan.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:42 PM »
"My World and Welcome To It"...for all the James Thurber fans...Won two Emmys...
  • Outstanding Continued Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Comedy Series (William Windom)
  • Outstanding Comedy Series
Yet was canceled by NBC after just one season.
Why? Because even in 1970 Americans had poor taste.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/07/09/waltons-actor-conley-dead-at-85/

‘Waltons’ Actor Conley Dead at 85

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) — Joe Conley, an actor best known as the small town storekeeper on the TV series “The Waltons,” has died at age 85.

The Los Angeles Times reports Tuesday that according to wife Louise Conley, Jon Conley died at a care facility in Southern California on Sunday. She says he had suffered from dementia.

A native of Buffalo, N.Y., Conley had bit parts on 1960s series like “Green Acres” and “The Beverly Hillbillies” before he landed the role on CBS’s “The Waltons” in 1972 that would last nearly a decade.

Conley played Ike Godsey, postmaster and owner of the Jefferson County general store frequented by the Walton family in Depression-era Virginia. He would appear in 172 episodes over nine seasons and in TV movie reunions that lasted into the 1990s.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/10/and-the-recovered-doctor-who-episodes-are/

And the Recovered DOCTOR WHO Episodes Are…

As was bandied about here and elsewhere, it seems the general wisdom surrounding the recovered Doctor Who episodes is true: two Patrick Troughton stories, “The Enemy of the World” and “The Web of Fear,” both from Season 5, have been recovered almost in their entirety. I say “almost,” because Part 3 of “Web of Fear” is still missing. However, that’s nine episodes in total. In the past 25 years, only eight individual episodes had been recovered, and this new find brings the Troughton missing episodes from 62 to 53 and the overall total from 106 to 97. And best of all: You can download these stories RIGHT NOW on iTunes for $9.99 each! GO DO IT YOU FOOLS! “Enemy of the World” is here and “The Web of Fear” is here.

The news was (FINALLY) confirmed at a Missing Episodes event in London today in which Phillip Morris confirmed that his company, Television International Enterprises Archive, discovered a veritable treasure trove of old BBC television film canisters, meant to be destroyed decades ago, in a warehouse in Nigeria. At the event, Mr. Morris said, “I remember wiping the dust off the masking tape on the canisters and my heart missed a beat as I saw the words Doctor Who. When I read the story code, I realized I’d found something pretty special.” You can read about everything via Doctor Who Magazine‘s website.

BBC Worldwide’s spokesperson, Fiona Eastwood, confirmed that they have remastered the episodes for near-immediate distribution, via digital means, so fans can celebrate the 50th with new classic stories. Using telesnaps (archive photos taken of the episode as it aired) from Episode 3, as well as off-air audio, BBC Worldwide has been able to re-create the episode to make “The Web of Fear,” the story that introduced the fan-favorite character Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney), flow when watched in its entirety.

“The Enemy of the World” is significant in that Patrick Troughton played a dual role as both the Doctor and Salamander, an evil dictator who bears a striking resemblance to our favorite Time Lord. We’d only been able to see the third episode of “Enemy of the World” up to now, and it’s widely regarded as the most boring of the whole serial.

There is every indication that more episodes could be found by Morris and TIEA so fans now have even more reason to hope for the future. For now, though, we have to be content with getting to see two stories we’ve likely only ever heard before featuring the Doctor who got hurt the most by the junking policy.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »
The Web of Fear trailer

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2013, 04:20:07 AM »
Anybody ever see "The Prisoner"???.....it was quite surreal

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/10/doctor-who-a-companions-companion-season-20/

DOCTOR WHO: A Companion’s Companion – Season 20

by Kyle Anderson on October 14, 2013

In 1983, a wholly unprecedented thing happened: Doctor Who reached its 20th season. 20 years! That’s insane. A show that premiered the day after Kennedy was killed was now around into the Reagan and Thatcher administrations. It’s nutty. In some ways, it had changed drastically since those early days, and in some ways hardly at all. As ’83 began, the program had just seen the first season with its first new Doctor since 1974, and it once again became required viewing. As it was now on twice a week on Mondays and Tuesdays, the fact that ratings improved when Peter Davison took over was a testament to how well the audience deals with change and embraces new things, despite having loved the past.

To mark two decades on the air, producer John Nathan-Turner, ever the fan of publicity and gimmickry, decided each story of Season 20 should have a returning villain or threat, though that was really only superficial. No Daleks or Cybermen were seen this year, but it did have the return of a few one-off baddies and one who never seemed to go away in the ‘80s. It did manage to do one of the most atypical and altogether fantastic stories of the entire era, if not the entire show in total, and the year was capped off with a special that was definitely a tribute to the fans. It was a banner year.

Season 20 – 3 January 1983 – 16 March 1983 (plus a one-off special in November)

JNT was a huge fan of taking the show on location outside of the UK, possibly just so he could get a paid holiday out of it, and for Season 20’s first story, Arc of Infinity by Johnny Byrne, the producer decided they should give Amsterdam a try, for seemingly no narrative reason. On Gallifrey, a traitorous Time Lord helps an anti-matter being known as The Renegade by giving it bio-data which allows it access to the Doctor’s TARDIS, and then the Doctor himself. Nyssa, now his only companion, helps him to recover; however, the Renegade is shielded by the Arc of Infinity and they aren’t able to track him. The Doctor decides to go to Gallifrey and track down the supplier of his bio-data, but the Time Lord council has decided that the Renegade is too powerful and the Doctor must be destroyed to prevent the anti-matter monster from bonding with him again. Despite protestations from Nyssa, and the Doctor’s firm belief that his bio-data was tampered with, the sentence is carried out. Not really, though. His mind is placed in the Matrix, and his body is held for safe keeping.

On Earth, in Amsterdam, the Doctor’s former companion, Tegan (Goddammit!), is looking for her cousin, who has disappeared. She meets up with a friend of the cousin and they go to the last place he was seen, the Frankendael Mansion. Unfortunately (and incredibly conveniently), the Renegade’s base of operations just happens to be at the mansionm=, and he scans Tegan and learns that she knows the Doctor. He uses her as bait, the Doctor is restored, there’s treachery on Gallifrey, the Doctor and Nyssa go to Amsterdam to save Tegan, and the Renegade is revealed to be… Omega, the first Time Lord and pioneer of time travel, who was last seen in “The Three Doctors” ten years earlier. He becomes corporeal and looks like the Doctor, there’s a chase, everything works out, and Tegan returns to the crew.

There is an interesting and possibly even compelling story hidden beneath all the ancillary crap in “Arc of Infinity.” It’s just very busy, and things don’t follow properly or are based too much on coincidence. There’s really no reason for Tegan to come back, but there was really no reason for her to have left in the first place, so it’s all meaningless. I really wish there were just some Doctor and Nyssa episodes, because their dynamic is really fun and interesting, and Nyssa’s actually capable and doesn’t whine, which is maybe the best attribute of any companion. Amsterdam is a pretty town, but there’s no known reason for them to be there. Interesting, though, is that Colin Baker, who would become the Sixth Doctor, played the Time Lord guard captain Maxil in this story. See, so there is precedent for actors already having been on the show becoming the Doctor.

For the next returning-villain story, Christopher Bailey was brought back to write the sequel to his trippy and controversial “Kinda,” giving us the next chapter about the Mara, Snakedance. Arriving on the planet Manussa, Tegan gets overwhelmed by nightmares/visions about the Mara, the snake-like entity that possessed her the previous year. The Doctor believes the being is trying to reassert itself in Tegan’s brain, and so they go to seek out the cause of it, but Tegan gets scared and runs away in the marketplace of Manussa, giving the Mara the opportunity to take full control. On Manussa, there is to be an annual celebration of the 500 years since the Mara was banished. Bad timing, guys. The festivities are to be overseen by Lon (Martin Clunes), the lazy and spoiled son of the Federator. The Doctor realizes that the two crystals used in the ceremony will allow the Mara to transubstantiate itself from Tegan’s mind into corporeal form again. However, getting Lon or chief archaeologist Ambril to believe him proves a fool’s errand, and everyone just thinks he’s a nutter.

Tegan/Mara makes contact with Lon and puts him also under her control. The Doctor goes into the desert to confab with Dojjen, the old hermit who apparently knows about this kind of thing, and then he goes back and stops the Mara just as she becomes a different-looking snake than she was the last time. And Tegan’s okay again.

I don’t like this story nearly as much as “Kinda,” and I think it has to do with the fact that this time, Bailey was given more parameters for writing a more straightforward story. “Kinda” is very bizarre, but “Snakedance” is much more restricted and thus a bit more pedestrian for my liking. However, it’s still a good story, and I especially love the way in which the Doctor is flatly not believed by anyone. In reality, if some guy just charged into a place and started saying “A bad thing’s about to happen, if you listen to me it won’t,” you’d think he’s an insane person. The Doctor’s far too used to being taken immediately as an authority figure and the Fifth Doctor is the best at not being believed and getting irritated by it. Janet Fielding also gives possibly her best performance when she’s under the Mara’s control.

Next, we begin what is called “The Black Guardian Trilogy,” because it is three stories that see the return of the Black Guardian (Valentine Dyall), an all-powerful and evil being that hates the Doctor after meddling with the Key to Time. They also introduce and form a series about an alien boy named Turlough (Mark Strickson), who is trapped on Earth and is tasked by the Black Guardian into killing the Doctor, but eventually eschews this obligation and joins up with the Doctor, though Tegan never really trusts him. The three stories that make up this saga are very different from each other, and the first and third of these are my favorites of the year, while the one in the middle is boring and dumb.

We begin with Peter Grimwade’s Mawdryn Undead, in which we’re introduced to Turlough as he causes trouble at the boys’ school at which he’s stuck, and the math teacher, the now-retired Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart (Nicholas Courtney), who thinks something fishy’s going on. The Black Guardian appears to Turlough and says that if he kills the Doctor, he can leave his exile on Earth. Meanwhile, the Doctor, Tegan, and Nyssa aboard the TARDIS get caught in a “time ellipse” due to a passing Starliner. They get onboard to find it deserted save for Turlough, who’s been transported there by the Black Guardian. The Doctor finds a transmat, which is holding them there, and travels with Turlough to the other end, which happens to be Earth in 1983. Meanwhile Nyssa and Tegan aboard the TARDIS get flung to Earth, 1977. In both cases, the duos run into the Brigadier, who is the Doctor’s only link to his companions in the past. Nyssa and Tegan find an alien in a capsule like that which the Doctor traveled in, and immediately believes it to be the Doctor, despite his brain falling out of the top of his head.

This alien turns out to be Mawdryn, a member of a dying race of once-immortal people. They want the Doctor to siphon off his remaining regenerations to allow them to live again, which he almost grants them as a way of helping his friends escape. Everybody ends up aboard the Starliner, even the Brigadier from both ’77 and ’83, and they need to be kept apart because if they meet, and touch one another, they will trigger the fabled Blinovitch Limitation Effect, which is a time paradox that results when someone physically crosses their own time stream, though it’s sort of ignored later. I rather like “Mawdryn Undead,” despite a fair amount of preposterousness and goofiness. (Why would Tegan and Nyssa immediately think the Doctor had regenerated into something weird and zombie-looking?) Still, the presence of the Brigadier will always warm me to a story, and I like the timey-wimey aspect of it, with the Doctor and his companions separated by a few years but being in the same place for clues to be found.

With Turlough now on board the TARDIS, we go into Stephen Gallagher’s Terminus, which is a pretty appropriate name, given how kind of interminable it is. They all go to a ship that is heading for a space station at the very center of the universe, which has been hit by a horrible plague. Nyssa gets infected by it. There are guards and a dog-like creature called a Garm. The station’s jettisoning of an unstable fuel canister started “The Big Bang,” and it’s preparing to do it a second time to probably destroy everything. That’s bad. Nyssa gets cured, the Second Big Bang doesn’t happen, and everybody’s ready to leave but Nyssa, for some reason, wants to stay behind so she can help the sufferers of the disease. Noble goal. I don’t like this story and it’s sad that Nyssa (Sarah Sutton) was made to leave the show. She’s easily the best of the Fifth Doctor’s companions, but since she never really argued with anyone, they deemed her boring and wrote her out. So, now we’re left with Turlough and Tegan.

However, I ADORE the final story in the Black Guardian Trilogy – Enlightenment, by Barbara Clegg. Wanna hear something shocking, baffling, aggravating, and true? Barbara Clegg is the very first woman to write a Doctor Who story. (In 1966, Lesley Scott was credited as having co-written her husband Paul Erickson’s script for “The Ark,” though she actually did no writing of it.) Not only that, but “Enlightenment” was also directed by Fiona Cumming, who had directed a few stories already, including “Castrovalva” and “Snakedance,” making this story the only one in the history of the program to have been written and directed by women.

“Enlightenment” sees the TARDIS land aboard what seems to be a racing yacht from the Edwardian era. There’s a crew in barracks and rather strange aristocratic officers running things. When the crew go up on deck, though, they put on strange pseudo-diving suits which don’t seem to make sense. It’s soon discovered that they aren’t at sea, but in space, and that this ship is one of several, each from a different era of Earth history, competing in an interstellar race for “enlightenment,” the prize to end all prizes. The officers are part of a race called Eternals who exist outside time and space, who are all seeing and all knowing, but entirely lack imagination of their own and have to use humans (or “ephemerals”) to amuse themselves. The ship’s second in command, Marriner, begins to creepily fawn over Tegan, which is off-putting, to say the least.

One of the other ships is a typical pirate vessel (with the Jolly Roger and all of that), led by the aptly named Captain Wrack (Lynda Baron). She is really eating up the whole pirate thing and is actually using jewels she gives to her competition to focus energy to make the ships explode. This power, it turns out, is given to her by the Black Guardian, who has grown tired of Turlough’s growing reticence to killing the Doctor. Eventually, the Black Guardian and the White Guardian (Cyril Luckham) sit across from each other with the orb of enlightenment between them, as the winner of the race, the Doctor, comes to claim his prize. He defers his winnings to Turlough for his heroism and Turlough hurls it at the Black Guardian, causing the old bird-headed bad guy to burst into flames. You see, enlightenment wasn’t the gem; enlightenment was the choice.

There is nothing I don’t love about this story. The concept and characters are so rich and interesting, it’s really a wonder the Eternals never returned to the TV show. The direction is nothing short of fantastic, as Cumming actually *gasp* uses darker lighting to convey mood instead of the usual harsh studio lights making everything sort of fluorescent. The sets, particularly the interior of the yacht, are gorgeous and actually make it seem like we’re aboard a ship as opposed to just being on a soundstage. I’ve watched this story probably four or five times and never seem to tire of it. Everyone should go watch it right now.

But, remember the rule for Davison that the second to last story is the best and the final one is crappy, so we finish off the season with another Terrence Dudley two-parter, The King’s Demons. The Doctor, Tegan, and Turlough land in 1215 England, where the Court of King John has come to a castle to extort taxes. The King’s champion is just about to joust the lord’s champion when the TARDIS arrives. The Doctor quickly surmises that this person isn’t and cannot be King John as at that moment; King John was in London taking the Crusader’s Oath. The Lord’s cousin arrives and confirms this, as he’s just come from London and the “King”’s champion is revealed to be… The Master. Yay.  The Master is using a shape-shifting robot named Kamelion to impersonate the king to stop, of all things, the Magna Carta from becoming a thing. Rather a trivial Master plan, don’t you think? At the end of the story, the Doctor takes Kamelion aboard the TARDIS as a companion, though that doesn’t quite happen.

King's Demons This is an example of a story that looks great, given the costumes and location shooting at a real castle, but is absolutely ridiculous. The Kamelion robot was this highly-articulate thing JNT had seen somewhere and wanted to use in the program. However, the inventor-operator died and so nobody really knew how to use him. Hence, useless robot that just sits around and causes issues because of its pre-programmed dialogue. Why they didn’t just have him in human form all the time and cast an actor to play the robot is beyond me, but JNT was nothing if not gimmick-obsessed.

So that ended the season proper, but months later, in November of 1983, the 20th Anniversary special, The Five Doctors, written by the legendary Terrance Dicks, aired. It saw the return of Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee to the show. Tom Baker wanted nothing to do with it and William Hartnell had died, so another actor, Richard Hurndall, was hired to portray the First Doctor. It had a Dalek, Cybermen, the Master, a Raston Warrior Robot, and another traitorous Time Lord behind the whole thing. The Doctors all convene at the Temple of Rassilon where the secret to immortality is held. Nicholas Courtney, Carol Anne Ford, and Elisabeth Sladen all returned as companions and there were appearances by Frazer Hines, Wendy Padbury, Caroline John, Richard Franklin, and even K-9 as well. It’s a story that is a whole lot of fun to watch but doesn’t really make sense if you try to look at it as a piece of proper science fiction. It’s an anniversary story and a damned fun one at that.

The 20th season of Doctor Who was memorable but not as full of greatness as it might have been. In fact, it was after this that Peter Davison told JNT that he would only do one more season, after receiving advice from Patrick Troughton that three years is probably the right amount. What would we see from the Fifth Doctor for his final year? Well, you can bet it’s a fantastic penultimate story and a garbage final one. It’s just the way these things work.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/11/07/laverne-shirley-stars-reunited-on-nicks-sam-cat/

‘Laverne & Shirley’ Stars Reunited on Nick’s ‘Sam & Cat’

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams play feuding ex-TV partners on an episode of Nickelodeon’s “Sam & Cat,” but they brush aside any comparison to their past.

The former “Laverne & Shirley” stars, who back in the heyday of their 1976-83 sitcom were reported to have crossed swords, said they were never enemies and remain friends despite lingering suggestions to the contrary.

“That was rumors. Any show you work on for eight years, you’re gonna argue at some point,” said Marshall, 70. “Way overblown.”

Williams, 66, agreed, but added a bit of detail.

“Yes, it was a bit overblown,” she said. The actress added that she and Marshall have “very different personalities” with contradictory styles of working, which sometimes led to on-set clashes.

That said, Williams regularly visits Marshall’s house to watch and discuss TV. There’s a chill in the air, Williams said, but only because Marshall keeps her thermostat turned down and, to compensate, provides down coats and blankets for guests.

Marshall, whose big-screen directing credits include “A League of Their Own” and “Big,” is busy working on a documentary about provocative ex-NBA player Dennis Rodman. But she and Williams were enticed by “Sam & Cat” creator Dan Schneider to guest star on the comedy airing at 8 p.m. EST on Saturday.

“He loved our show,” Williams said. “He wanted to do a little tribute.”

In the episode, Sam (Jennette McCurdy) and Cat (Ariana Grande) face having to rename their baby-sitting business because it’s similar to “Salmon Cat,” a faux 1970s TV show. The young women track down the show’s creators (Marshall and Williams) and try to dissolve their enmity.

In another Nickelodeon reunion, “Happy Days” creator Garry Marshall (brother of Penny Marshall), makes a guest appearance on “See Dad Run” starring Scott Baio, a cast member on the 1974-84 sitcom starring Henry Winkler and Ron Howard.

The “See Dad Run” episode airs 8 p.m. EST on Sunday.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/11/30/who-are-tvs-oldest-living-stars-read-our-list/

Who Are TV’s Oldest Living Stars? Read Our List

Though she lived a long time and was 90 at the time of her passing, we were still saddened to hear of the death of Jane Kean of the old “Jackie Gleason Show” the other day.

We hadn’t thought of her in a long time, not even enough to wonder if she was still around. But her death brought back warm memories of childhood TV viewing long ago when the “Gleason” show was one of the week’s most anticipated shows in the 1960s.

Gleason revived “The Honeymooners” on that one-hour variety show, and he brought back Art Carney to play Ralph Kramden’s friend, Ed Norton.

But he didn’t bring back the original Alice (Audrey Meadows) or Trixie (Joyce Randolph). Instead, he replaced them with Sheila MacRae and Kean.

And it got us thinking: Who else is still around from the TV shows of the now-distant past?

And we wondered: Who is TV’s oldest living personality? Some of the answers we unearthed — with the help of Web sites such as IMDB.com (the Internet Movie Database) and Wikipedia — surprised us.

For openers, original 1950s “Honeymooners” star Joyce Randolph — who ought to be declared a national treasure — is alive and well at age 89. Sheila MacRae is also 89.

In fact, they’re youngsters compared to the many TV luminaries now in their 90s whose personal histories on TV go back just as far.

Among the ones we were delighted to come across in our research: “Mister Ed” star Alan Young is 94; Noel Neill, who played Lois Lane in “The Adventures of Superman” in the 1950s, is 94; Patrick MacNee of “The Avengers” is 91; and Barbara Hale, who played savvy assistant Della Street on “Perry Mason,” is also 91.

Others who are still very active include Betty White (of course), 91, Carl Reiner, 91, and Don Pardo, still announcing for “Saturday Night Live” at age 95.

Possibly the oldest TV star who is still around is Norman Lloyd, 99, who starred in “St. Elsewhere” (the hospital drama that made Denzel Washington a star) and whose career stretches back to the 1930s — including working with such legends as Orson Welles and Charlie Chaplin.

But the one name that intrigued us the most when we did our research is one you might not know: He’s a director, Richard L. Bare, who’s best-known for two things: He directed one of the most famous episodes ever of “The Twilight Zone” — the one titled “To Serve Man” (which we have for you to watch, above); and he directed just about every episode of “Green Acres.” Richard L. Bare is 100 years old.

There are many more TV stars now living into their 90s — too many to list here, but here are just a few: Monty Hall of “Let’s Make a Deal,” 92; Judge Joseph Wapner of “The People’s Court,” 94; Al Molinaro of “Happy Days” and “The Odd Couple,” 94; and Abe Vigoda of “Barney Miller” and “Fish,” 92.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
I love watching the old twilight zone episodes over and over...they just get better and better with age...such awesome writing...plus UI just love to see all the old stars that were on those shows....Robert Redford.....Jack Klugman....Jonathan Winters....Mickey Rooney....I can't believe that Cloris Leachman who was the Mom in "its a good life" is still alive and acting....

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 10:56:49 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2013/12/veronica-mars-coming-to-theaters-for-pi-set-for-release-march-14th/

VERONICA MARS Coming to Theaters for Pi, Set for Release March 14th

A long time ago, we used to be friends… but we’ve definitely been thinking about Veronica Mars lately. This week it was announced our favorite teen PI would be returning to theaters on Pi Day. The Kristen Bell career-launching series will get its theatrical bow on March 14th to a much bigger audience than originally planned, due to great test screenings and the monumental buzz the film’s Kickstarter launched. The film will be getting a wide release in the U.S., much bigger than the original 100-or-so screens for which the Kickstarter plan called.

In a note to Kickstarter supporters, Rob Thomas wrote, ”As you might remember, our original hope was that Warner Bros would be confident enough to give Veronica Mars a limited engagement run in a few US cities. But with the amount of attention the movie has received — thanks to your support — it looks like we’re going to get a much wider release than we ever expected.”

Warner Bros. also released the first stand-alone clip from the film. The scene of Mac (Tina Majorino), Veronica (Kristen Bell), and Wallace (Percy Daggs III) arriving at their 10-year high school reunion was revealed in a shot of the script shared by Thomas during the Kickstarter campaign. But you can’t tell me that seeing Kristen Bell back in full Veronica mode, tearing down preppy douchebags, isn’t one of the coolest things you’ll see this week.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
The film will follow Veronica leaving her life as a New York City attorney to go back to Neptune to save her former beau Logan Echols from false murder charges. Here’s a behind the scenes look at the film, delving into the love triangle of the film, since apparently Veronica is living with Piz in New York at the film’s start:

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/features/deadwood-where-are-they-now

The Cast Of Deadwood: Where Are They Now?

Deadwood: three seasons, 36 episodes, every other word a “fuck”. David Milch’s superb HBO Western series took the real history and many genuine characters from the South Dakota territories of the 1870s, and crafted a series that was riveting, brutal, often hilarious and always astonishingly written. The series was cut off in its prime for reasons never really explained (the official word seemed to be expense), and while there was talk of a couple of TV-movies to wrap up the storyline, these never materialised. Thankfully, we do at least have history to tell us some of what happened next. Deadwood burned to the ground in 1899, and Al Swearengen was found dead from a massive blow to the head on a Denver street in 1904.

If you’re looking for more, Milch based much of the show’s research on the work of historian Watson Parker. And while it’s not an official source for the show, you could do a lot worse than read Pete Dexter’s novel Deadwood.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2014, 10:24:26 PM »
48 years later...

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/01/batman-sixties-television-series-headed-to-dvd/

BATMAN Sixties Television Series Headed To DVD

After a good year or so of speculation, it appears that the classic 1966 ABC version of Batman is finally coming to home video this fall. Although the character of Batman is the property of Warner Brothers and has been for decades, the television series was produced before that by Twentieth Century Fox, which still owns the rights to the series.  But last year, Warners got the rights to all merchandise and media related to the series from Fox, which is why DC Comics put out the  Batman ’66 comic series, and you’re now seeing a flood of sixties-style Batman merchandise featuring Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar in stores. But as for the series itself, it was still unavailable on DVD… until now.
The announcement came from an odd place, to be sure – talk show host Conan O’Brien’s Twitter account.

Warner Brothers confirmed the fact not long after, saying the series will arrive on DVD (and, presumably Blu-ray) in the fall in a complete series boxed set. Although the show only ran three seasons from 1966-68, the twice-a-week schedule in the first two years led to a fairly large amount of episodes being produced, 120 in all. Hopefully, we’ll get word on special features and other goodies soon. Also, I’d expect a large presence at San Diego Comic Con as well to promote the series.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 08:19:41 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/08/squee-veronica-mars-cast-returns-in-super-meta-new-web-series-play-it-again-dick/

Squee! VERONICA MARS Cast Returns in Super Meta New Web Series PLAY IT AGAIN, DICK

What do you do when your brilliant, under appreciated teen detective show is canceled far too soon? You get tough. You get even. And then you create a Kickstarter campaign so successful it not only breaks its $2 million goal in less than ten hours, it shatters Kickstarter records. And then, dear Marshmallows, you make one hell of a fan movie — a movie that reunites everyone’s favorite Neptune characters, sets up a new, more grown up Veronica Mars universe, and leaves your rabid fans clamoring for more.

This September, it looks like we are in fact getting more. Yes, that’s right: Buzzfeed broke the news Veronica Mars spinoff web series Play It Again, Dick premieres the week of September 15, and it has more alumni than we know what to do with. Back when series creator and all around lovely human being Rob Thomas announced the web series, he described it as Veronica Mars meets Party Down, where Ryan Hansen would play a fictionalized version of himself “deciding to capitalize on the current Veronica Mars heat to get his own series on the air. He’ll try to pull his actor pals into the venture with varying degrees of success.”

After yesterday’s announcement, we’ve got a much better idea of what the series will look like, and we couldn’t be more jazzed. Kristen Bell is back as our beloved wisecracking P.I., but she’ll also be playing, yes, a version of herself who joins the series to appease poor Ryan. Also playing their Veronica Mars characters AND versions of themselves: Jason Dohring/Logan Echolls, Enrico Colantoni/Keith Mars, Percy Daggs III/BFF extraordinaire Wallace Fennell, Francis Capra as Eli “Weevil” Navarro, Daran Norris/Cliff McCormack, Kyle Gallner/Cassidy “Beaver” Casablancas (!!!), Christopher B. Duncan/Clarence Wiedman, and Ryan Devlin/Duncan Kane (more on that later).

That’s not all, folks. Chris Lowell and Ken Marino will simply be playing versions of themselves, while others like Amanda Noret (Madison Sinclair) and Lisa Thornhill (Celeste Kane) will be reprising their roles on the show. Confused yet?

Ok. Let’s unpack this. First of all, this sounds like a delicious, self-aware mash-up of not just Party Down and Veronica Mars, but Showtime’s Episodes! I’m also thrilled that almost all of our favs are back (where’s Mac??), including the supremely talented Kyle Gallner. (How his show character returns from the dead remains to be seen, but with Dick at the wheel, things can only get nuttier.) Also: Celeste Kane, Madison Sinclair, and Clarence Wiedman? Is this new series going to go back to its roots/dive back into the murky world of the Kane family? Is a cameo from Amanda Seyfried too much to ask?

Also: Veronica’s on-again-off-again boyfriend/potential half brother/justified baby-napper is back — and recast. You might recognize the new Duncan from the show’s third season, where he played creepo rapist and one of Logan Echoll’s many questionable BFFs, Mercer Hayes.

Considering the multitude of in-jokes and references in the Veronica Mars movie, I’m willing to bet we’re going to get a lot of sly winks about that weird tie-in. In fact, this web series format is practically begging for an even more over-the-top, meta take on the world of Veronica Mars. After contributing to the Kickstarter, staying up to date with the team’s adorable videos and updates, analyzing the new soundtrack, and attending the film’s midnight premiere (on my birthday, no less!), I don’t think I could be more excited for this web series. More Veronica Mars in our lives, friends! This can only be good.

Play It Again, Dick premieres the week of September 15th on CW Seed.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:08 AM »
F Troop
Get Smart
Mister Ed
Yup I getting old ;)