Author Topic: Annoying guys in the gym.  (Read 9971 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Annoying guys in the gym.
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »
1. The guy that sits in the leg extension machine for 6 sets with three minute breaks in between.

2. The guy that ties up the pulley doing tricep extensions while he holds a conversation during the set with his buddy. If you're not going to even try to put in some effort get out of the gym.

3. The delusional guy who puts 900lbs on the leg press machine and does little knee bends. He walks away leaving the plates on it.

4. When you ask a girl if you can work in and she automatically assumes you're hitting on her. She smiles a smug smile and says, no.

5. Guys who are full of unwanted training advice in the gym.

6. Delusional man who half reps everything with the biggest weights. He really thinks he's strong. Couldn't lift 225lbs over head from the floor. Yet half reps 500lbs in the squat. Half reps 130lbs dumbbells in the incline press. Deadlifts in the cage so the bar can start just below his knee with 500lbs when he couldn't budge 400lbs off the ground.

7. MMA guy. Wears Affliction and Tap out shirts and shadow boxing in between sets. If you look his way he mean mugs you.

8. Hang out guy. He's in the gym every time you go but he never appears to lift anything. Every 10 minutes you might see him do something. Just weird.

9. Smelly guy. Sometimes he's the same guy that runs to spot you in the bench with his balls over your head. Bud, go away, I would rather get pinned with the weight.

10. Personal trainer type guys telling hot girls what to do when they didn't ask for any help. Guy, she is of your league. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Annoying guys in the gym.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
at least these people are safe, you gotta watch the lunatics who throw there weights and drop things when the set is done. this is why i train at home.
F

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
Everyone at my gym which is why, since December, I train at 5.30am wherever possible. Had enough of puffed up 5'3 dwarfs with boils on their faces slamming weights in order to attract the attention of the few obese 'girls' sitting on the stationary bikes nursing a Coke, reading Fifty Shades of Grey.

Am I getting more cranky are people getting more fucking dumb and irritating?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
1. The guy that sits in the leg extension machine for 6 sets with three minute breaks in between.

2. The guy that ties up the pulley doing tricep extensions while he holds a conversation during the set with his buddy. If you're not going to even try to put in some effort get out of the gym.

3. The delusional guy who puts 900lbs on the leg press machine and does little knee bends. He walks away leaving the plates on it.

4. When you ask a girl if you can work in and she automatically assumes you're hitting on her. She smiles a smug smile and says, no.

6. Delusional man who half reps everything with the biggest weights. He really thinks he's strong. Couldn't lift 225lbs over head from the floor. Yet half reps 500lbs in the squat. Half reps 130lbs dumbbells in the incline press. Deadlifts in the cage so the bar can start just below his knee with 500lbs when he couldn't budge 400lbs off the ground.

7. MMA guy. Wears Affliction and Tap out shirts and shadow boxing in between sets. If you look his way he mean mugs you.

8. Hang out guy. He's in the gym every time you go but he never appears to lift anything. Every 10 minutes you might see him do something. Just weird.

9. Smelly guy. Sometimes he's the same guy that runs to spot you in the bench with his balls over your head. Bud, go away, I would rather get pinned with the weight.

10. Personal trainer type guys telling hot girls what to do when they didn't ask for any help. Guy, she is of your league. 

The small pigeon chested guy who spends an hr on the cable crossovers, i watched this guy do 20 sets of cable crossovers today, weighed 150 chest like a young squirrel after which he asks how to get a chest like mine.

By far the most annoying people in the gym are the guys who come in do 10 sets on bench press 135 for 10 after that its a spot from rep 1 225 friends pull the bar off their chest from rep 1. the do 10 sets in total... ridiculous. If i was ever a gym owner that could never happen in my gym

choice is an illusion

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:57:21 PM »
i love training at home alone

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:58:50 PM »
i hate guys who come and preach me about being natural

they are either twinks or fat fucks

both these types been training for over a decade and delusional as fuck

both of them flex their bicep and tell me how decent it is for natural

ffs

ukjeff

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
I trained legs this afternoon at 16.00 and there was around 25-30 people in the gym, not one other person was training legs, all half wit thick spotty teens with their hands down their underpants (when they are not texting someone) training chest and arms.

I don't speak or interact with anyone, not even the gym owner or staff.
In,train and home.
I only use that gym because its two minutes down the road.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »

always smirk at the mean mugger.  he will immediately know you have mentally unraveled him.

puffing up demonstrates you see him as a threat.
smirk says he's a child to you, and his tough guy act amuses you.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
at least these people are safe, you gotta watch the lunatics who throw there weights and drop things when the set is done. this is why i train at home.

Nice!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »
nobody trains legs or back nowadays... its a arms arms arms arms arms....
choice is an illusion

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »

;D

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 02:14:04 PM »
I only wish I had the money to train at home.  I get burnt out on certain exercises after about 3-4 months and just spin my wheels unless I switch to something else.  To afford a great enough variety of equipment for my tastes might run 75-100k -- and that's not even taking into account the fact I currently live in a quaint, even cute but nonetheless small 1,400 sq. ft. dive :(

But I am lucky in that I'm a Y member and can train at multiple branches in my town.  Get tired of one branch?  Go lift at another for awhile.  The branch at which I currently train is actually quite nice, and I'm doubly lucky because there are just a handful of guys in there "lifting" when I'm there.  

I can't say any of them are particularly annoying apart from this one older fart who looks like a really smooth Clarence Bass.  He trains ... weird.  On some exercises, he'll do these fast, jerky bottom-half reps.  On others, like dips, he'll lower himself down maybe 3", then pop back up.  His rep cadence is such that he looks like he's having seizures atop dipping bars.  And he likes to tie up the one really decent adjustable incline bench in the DB area for his bizarre version of presses.  One day I had to ask him if I was about done.  He was nice enough but gave me a funny look when I took the incline down a couple of notches and grabbed a pair of 55s -- 30 more lbs. per hand than he deigned to press -- for my incline curls.  

(Yes, that is sort of a joke, you fuckers :D  I did low incline curl a pair of 55's in my last workout, though.  8 bilateral reps (?), slow on the way down, trying to keep my grip a bit loose until the last couple of reps.  My biceps are decent but weak as fuck, so I was proud of that.  Anyway, flame on ;) .)

One fellow does amuse me, though.  He's got prominent SS tattoos, swastikas and all this other shit, but he talks to everybody like he's been friendly with them for 20 years.  He sort of reminds me of a somewhat more diesel Daryl from "Walking Dead" :D  Apparently some of the black dudes in there don't even know what the SchutzStaffel is and/or what the two SS lightning bolts signify.  I'm waiting for Diesel Daryl and an educated brother to have some words, LOL.

MikMaq

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
Nobs that are obviously juicing, getting on with all their absurd posturing.

Granted a big juiced mofo can be inspiring, but not when there checking out their gyno in the mirror every five seconds.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Anything Monday night in the gym.   

Mondays are when all the fools are in benching and curling. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
I hate those (anti)socializing douches, playing mr popular with their lame jokes, cell phones and dumb chicks.

ukjeff

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »

Monday is leg day for me, never have to wait for anything.

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

You really don't like mondays do you?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »
nobody trains legs or back nowadays... its a arms arms arms arms arms....

I always get a kick out of the guys with over sized, well developed arms and everything else looks COMPLETELY untrained. It just looks fucking weird.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »
try going to golds venice at 730 in the morning, you have people sitting on a machine with their coffee, people reading a newspaper while sitting on a machine, and trainers and their clients and others using 10 pieces of equipment at once

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
11. Guys who makes lists on getbig and don't include CalvinH by name.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 04:25:59 PM »
try going to golds venice at 730 in the morning, you have people sitting on a machine with their coffee, people reading a newspaper while sitting on a machine, and trainers and their clients and others using 10 pieces of equipment at once

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
years ago this guy pulled a real crazy prank,

he walks up to me (don't remember exact time but figure 8:30), and says that girl there on the treadmill (super hot) is kinda shy, shes wanted him to walk up to me and ask if I can go up to her at 8:40 and introduce myself, she really wants to know more about me.

I'm like sure, thanks.

My head starts spinning, this is amazing, things like this don't really happen, If I meet a girl I have to walk up. I look at my watch, im like I am not gonna fuck this up by being late, seriously thinking with my little head.

8:40 hits, im walking up, but so are 4 other guys, we are all convinced that those other guys are simply pigs trying to hit on her, and we are the choose one.

It became rather clear we where all played nicely, turns out earlier in the evening she turned this guy down or something.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
guys who walk around aimlessly and you get the vibe they are just looking for someone to talk to about putting on size

old timers who use to be twice your size have 21 inch arms blah bla blah

old short fat fuck pretending to be a powerlifter

guy that shadow boxes in the mirror while glancing

guy that throws kicks in your vicinity.

old fat women who eyeball too much

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »

old timers who use to be twice your size have 21 inch arms blah bla blah

hahaha or you should see my son, he doesnt even work out and his arms are like yours but 5x the size,

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 05:13:19 PM »
hahaha or you should see my son, he doesnt even work out and his arms are like yours but 5x the size,

fatness doesn't count