Author Topic: Annoying guys in the gym.  (Read 9967 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Annoying guys in the gym.
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 07:34:26 AM »
Have you done your second injection yet bro?
on saturday.... if i get in touch with andros by then, that is.......

i call him "God of hairloss management on steroids"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »
 :o

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:47 AM »
I used to workout at a boxing gym.  They trained boxers and had a real nice gym there.  I didn't do the boxing but lifted there.  best gym ever.  Everyone was cool.  I learned a lot.  I moved and went to an LA Fitness.  Fuck sakes man.  I couldn't take more of 6 months of the idiots.  I took a few thousand from savings and bought a rack, pull down, dumbells up to 120 and started with that.  Every year I buy one piece of equipment.  I have cable crossovers now, a leg press sled, dip and pullup rack, two benches.  I always check craigslist for people selling things cheap.  Best way to go.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »
I used to workout at a boxing gym.  They trained boxers and had a real nice gym there.  I didn't do the boxing but lifted there.  best gym ever.  Everyone was cool.  I learned a lot.  I moved and went to an LA Fitness.  Fuck sakes man.  I couldn't take more of 6 months of the idiots.  I took a few thousand from savings and bought a rack, pull down, dumbells up to 120 and started with that.  Every year I buy one piece of equipment.  I have cable crossovers now, a leg press sled, dip and pullup rack, two benches.  I always check craigslist for people selling things cheap.  Best way to go.
home gym is ideal if you have the space for it (big house)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:17 AM »
home gym is ideal if you have the space for it (big house)

And the same work ethic as in a commercial gym

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 11:25:01 AM »
2 douche bags at my gym have been annoying me lately.

DB 1 supersets on 3+ machines.
DB 1 works out in the world's stringiest tank top to show off his upper body. Which is great, because that is all he works out.

DB 1 and 2 like to flex in the mirror between every set.

DB 2 grunts like he is taking the worlds biggest shit on every rep then slam the weight down.
DB 2 thinks he is intimidating
DB 2 will see you start using a machine, then during your first set, walk up to you with a shit face, and ask if your on your last set. Tell him no, that you got 4 sets left :D, but he can work in. Then he walks away all  pisssed,butthurt and defeated.  ::)
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
I always check craigslist for people selling things cheap.  Best way to go.

x2.  I got a 65lb cambered bar, 56lb heavy duty hex bar, power rack, and a set of 100s and 110lb dbs off craigslist for a fraction of the cost.
Y

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »
mp3 player and avoid looking at any person will solve a lot of this frustration

(anti social?) (let's be honest, what's the point of talking to people you dont care about)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 11:35:04 AM »
there this arab type permabulker who always shakes everybody's hand when he walks in, he doesnt know your name and you dont know his, he doesnt like you and you dont like him, still he keeps doing this

it's pretty odd

culture?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
Saw some asshole last night on his cell phone while on the hack squat machine.  Phone as wedged between the pad and his ear.  

SMFH  

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 11:45:43 AM »
mp3 player and avoid looking at any person will solve a lot of this frustration

(anti social?) (let's be honest, what's the point of talking to people you dont care about)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/here-Bodybuilding-powerlifting-training-T-Shirt/dp/B005HO0EY6  ;)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/here-Bodybuilding-powerlifting-training-T-Shirt/dp/B005HO0EY6  ;)
haha i saw someone wear that

you can imagine what type was wearing this....

skinny teenager looking guy who is over 20

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
I hate people that go to the gym to train

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »
people who look like shit but wear clothes to accentuate their physique (tights, tanks, cutoffs etc etc)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
haha i saw someone wear that

you can imagine what type was wearing this....

skinny teenager looking guy who is over 20

Cool shirt, but it's a bit "look at me being a hardcore guy"

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
Saw some asshole last night on his cell phone while on the hack squat machine.  Phone as wedged between the pad and his ear.  

SMFH  
Saw some similar shit a couple months back. Kid next to me is doing calf raise on the legpress and calls his girl, I assume. "Oh, what you doing? Me, nothing just working out." I dont even bring my phone in the gym nevermind talk on it. Big shocker, the kid was a massive 150lbs

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »
1. The guy that sits in the leg extension machine for 6 sets with three minute breaks in between.

2. The guy that ties up the pulley doing tricep extensions while he holds a conversation during the set with his buddy. If you're not going to even try to put in some effort get out of the gym.

3. The delusional guy who puts 900lbs on the leg press machine and does little knee bends. He walks away leaving the plates on it.

4. When you ask a girl if you can work in and she automatically assumes you're hitting on her. She smiles a smug smile and says, no.

5. Guys who are full of unwanted training advice in the gym.

6. Delusional man who half reps everything with the biggest weights. He really thinks he's strong. Couldn't lift 225lbs over head from the floor. Yet half reps 500lbs in the squat. Half reps 130lbs dumbbells in the incline press. Deadlifts in the cage so the bar can start just below his knee with 500lbs when he couldn't budge 400lbs off the ground.

7. MMA guy. Wears Affliction and Tap out shirts and shadow boxing in between sets. If you look his way he mean mugs you.

8. Hang out guy. He's in the gym every time you go but he never appears to lift anything. Every 10 minutes you might see him do something. Just weird.

9. Smelly guy. Sometimes he's the same guy that runs to spot you in the bench with his balls over your head. Bud, go away, I would rather get pinned with the weight.

10. Personal trainer type guys telling hot girls what to do when they didn't ask for any help. Guy, she is of your league.  

That's a great list, you nailed the top 10 annoying stuff seen in the gym.  I am probably guilty of the first one though, I like to do about 6 sets on the leg extension and have a couple of minute rest in between.  But if anyone ever wanted to work in I would be more than happy.  Mind you, I workout at a small gym and go when it isn't busy.  

The other issue I have with the leg extension we have at out gym is that if you use poor form and slam the weight stack down, depending on the set up, sometimes the cable can jump off the pulley and it can't be used until someone physically places the cable back on the pulleys.  The problem is, most of the young guys are too dumb to work out how the leg extension even works mechanically, so they just slam the weight down, the cable jumps of the pulley, they have  a quick look at it, realise the leg extension is out of order now, and just walk of.  Don't even tell anyone just walk the fuck of.  I mean WTF, it takes 20 seconds to fix the fucking thing, you broke it, you fix it.  Young blokes these days don't have a clue!

The other thing that really pisses me of is sweaty guy leaving equipment drenched in sweat after he has finished with it and just walks away.  How fucking hard is it too carry a towel and wipe that fucker over when you are done.
V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
How about the 50 something skinny idiot who sits at the seated machine press w his legs crossed reading a book? 

ukjeff

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »
I dont even bring my phone in the gym nevermind talk on it.
Phones should be banned from gyms

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
Phones should be banned from gyms
agree 1000% health and safety risk
choice is an illusion

ukjeff

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
says the tosspot who is always on his phone.

Kolchak

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
What's up with the dudes wearing the baggy '80s style workout pants?  They look like they've been wearing the same pair for 30 years, too. 

Or, the guys with the skin tight pants . . .

Kolchak

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »
I always get a kick out of the guys with over sized, well developed arms and everything else looks COMPLETELY untrained. It just looks fucking weird.
There's a guy at my gym with a well developed chest, and skinny-ass arms - how the !@#$ does that happen?  Looks ridiculous . . .

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »
the worst was this guy who would stand on the bench.  He wouldn't use the free bench but instead the bench press bench.  Stand on it and do rows.  So he's standing on a bench doing bent over rows.  The worst is he starts yelling real fucking loud "OOOOOOOOOOhhhh,  AHHHHHHH,  OOOOOOOHH"  it was so fucking annoying.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »
I go do Golds downtown LA  and Hollywood

The one that pisses me off is the guy who does his curls directly in front of the Fixed Barbbell Rack...The one that has Curl bars ranging from 20-110..

the guy picks the bar up and stands right in front of the god damn rack...
idiot