Author Topic: The growing list of counties officially opposing the NYS SAFE act in NYS  (Read 506 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
(From another forum)
Originally posted by jaynkeel
Hello folks as many of you know I am following this issue on the NYS (UN)SAFE ACT deeply, as it very much effects me and my family being residents of the state of NY. I wanted to bring this topic to ATS and put it out there for all the folks who live out of state that really don't have a clue as to what we are fighting up here, and to keep informed those that do. All info contained in this thread is current as of today, as more counties get added I will try my best to update this list and map to reflect the changes. If anyone out there thinks that us NYer's are just sitting back on our butts doing nothing you will be very surprised to find out that we are actively committed to the repeal of this and other recent laws neutering out 2nd rights. So heres the info for your consumption.

Counties that have passed anti-SAFE act resolutions Herkimer County 1/23/13 Link Warren County (Thanks Robertesq1) 1/25/13 Link 1 Link 2 Fulton County 1/28/13 Link Ulster County??? Link Link 2 ***Ulster not yet final. See below and explanation on pages 4 & 5.*** Lewis County 2/5/13 Link Putnam County - 2/6/13 Link Link 2 Orange County 2/7/13 Link Hamilton County 2/7/13 Link Yates County 2/11/13 Link Wyoming County 2/12/13 Link Madison County 2/12/13 Link Rensselaer County 2/12/13 per thekid_1 Link Tioga County 2/13/13 Link Livingston County 2/13/13 Link Cattaraugus County 2/13/13 (Thanks kab85) Link Orleans County 2/13/13(Thanks thekid_1) Link Oneida County 2/13/13 (Thanks to evileyeswatchin and moab 421) Link Oswego County 2/14/13 Link Washington County - 2/15/13 Link 1 Link 2 Schoharie County 2/15/13 Link

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_9/516140_The_growing_list_of_counties_officially_opposing_the_NYS_SAFE_act__Now_with_more_opposition_.html&page=1

Counties currently working on anti-SAFE act resolutions Schoharie County to vote 2/15/13 Link Link 2 PASSED. Oswego County to vote 2/14/13 Info More info PASSED. Greene County to vote in special session 2/19/13 + 2/20/13 Link Ulster County to vote 2/19/13 per goodorbit Link Vote moved to Ulster Performing Arts Center *Official Notice of change* Niagara County to vote 2/19/13 per wnycollector. Link Rockland County to vote 2/19/13 Link Chautauqua County to vote during the week of 2/18 Link Genesee County discussion scheduled for 2/19 per Shott8283 Link St. Lawrence County is holding a public forum on 2/19/13. See updated link. Link Updated info Erie County to vote 2/21/13? Info More info Allegany County to vote 2/25/13 Link Montgomery County to vote 2/26/13 Link Delaware County working on resolution for 2/27/13 per Prominus. Updated Link Otsego County to vote 3/6/13 Link Ontario County revised vote date 3/7/13 Updated Link Dutchess County to vote in March per Flashbang1 - see page 5 Wayne County see page 8 Link Jefferson County vote date to be determined Info More info Cayuga County Link Chenango County to draft a resolution in February Link Monroe County - possible resolution per Aimless. Anyone else have info on this? Last Updated 2/17/13 8:47 pm

I included the link to the site that has been working round the clock keeping track of all the info coming in, and what a hell of a job they have been doing updating and just getting the info out.

The counties in green are passed and the counties in yellow are pending, and all the others need to decide what they want to do. But as you all can see the majority of NYS doesn't want this.  As always thanks for looking and any residents in NYS in counties not shaded need to contact their local officials and pressure them to make a choice, either your with us or against us. [editby]edit on 18-2-2013 by jaynkeel because: fix link[/editby]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The growing list of counties officially opposing the NYS SAFE act in NYS
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »
The law they passed is pure tyranny and communism in this state.