Author Topic: What's the best excercise for delt arm tie ins  (Read 3608 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
What's the best excercise for delt arm tie ins
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:52:03 PM »
Mine are pretty good but I'd like to accentuate that are even more?
What do you guys think is the best excercise
choice is an illusion

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What's the best excercise for delt arm tie ins
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
Diet makes it pop out. Exercises would be side laterals and wide grip upright rows. Brachialis work also helps, reverse curls.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »
Side laterals vs traditional side laterals (one arm)
choice is an illusion

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
i would say that an overall well shoulder routine is key

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
probably seated front raises with a pause at the top and a slow negative. start with palms facing eachother and rotate to palms facing floor at top. no sway or momentum. strrict form

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:31:10 PM »
probably seated front raises with a pause at the top and a slow negative. start with palms facing eachother and rotate to palms facing floor at top. no sway or momentum. strrict form
Can't say I've ever done front raised like that when I do dumbells I do the alternating
Ill give that a try though I am not looking to build up my delts anymore mind you
choice is an illusion

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
Can't say I've ever done front raised like that when I do dumbells I do the alternating
Ill give that a try though I am not looking to build up my delts anymore mind you

so it's diet then,get leaner...work on conditioning..
T

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »
so it's diet then,get leaner...work on conditioning..
I'm pretty lean just want them
Better..
choice is an illusion

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
Can't develop a "tie in." it's a space between muscles. Get the muscles larger and leaner and the tie in will pop more.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 11:25:40 PM »

Freakiest quad/ham tie ins ever: Michael Lockett

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
Can't develop a "tie in." it's a space between muscles. Get the muscles larger and leaner and the tie in will pop more.
I should say accentuate I've never really paid attention to it before so I'm thinking a few isolation excercise a like the ones suggested might help...
Better not bigger
choice is an illusion

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
I should say accentuate I've never really paid attention to it before so I'm thinking a few isolation excercise a like the ones suggested might help...
Better not bigger
You've got a sick build with plenty of muscle, I think leaning up just a tad would do exactly what you want. It's not like you don't hammer your delts already. My 2 cents.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 12:40:30 AM »
still thinking a particular exercise is going to make a difference in the physique...  how many years has this delusion gone on now?  :-\

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 02:07:04 AM »
Side laterals for sure and low bf%.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 02:36:48 AM »
Diet makes it pop out. Exercises would be side laterals and wide grip upright rows. Brachialis work also helps, reverse curls.
i agree with this .. although an "expert" yesterday assured me all you need is presses to develop the delts fully..

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 03:08:31 AM »
i agree with this .. although an "expert" yesterday assured me all you need is presses to develop the delts fully..

Gonna have to agree with that expert bro - I get outstanding pumps from side raises (especially one arm at a time style) and if I do them in my routine for a couple of months they do get more pronounced but it's more a case of storing more water / glycogen in that area than building any significant fibres.

IMO side raises are a great addition to the end of a gruelling shoulder day, but your presses (esp. standing military if your back can hack it heavy) are the meat and potatoes of shoulder building

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »
Gonna have to agree with that expert bro - I get outstanding pumps from side raises (especially one arm at a time style) and if I do them in my routine for a couple of months they do get more pronounced but it's more a case of storing more water / glycogen in that area than building any significant fibres.

IMO side raises are a great addition to the end of a gruelling shoulder day, but your presses (esp. standing military if your back can hack it heavy) are the meat and potatoes of shoulder building
yes but you canīt get full deltoid development without laterals and upright rows and not tie ins..that is my point

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 03:44:22 AM »
For experienced lifters only.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
i have done an upper/lower split and did for example heavy(for me) incline presses and so i hit shoulders with side raises and bent over laterals so i think it depends. sure Barbell rows hit my rear delts too, depending on your hand spacing and over or underhand grip and where you bring the bar too waist or lower rib cage. well i have seen too many advanced guys getting great delt tie ins and detail to not believe they have a place along with diet. I would just like to hear the opinions of the real pros on here and i will listen. I am all ears because they are at a high Nivea..

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 04:01:03 AM »
still thinking a particular exercise is going to make a difference in the physique...  how many years has this delusion gone on now?  :-\
I've used excercise to build my physique so while it might be a delusion for you it's reality for me
choice is an illusion

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »
meso has an outstanding body and you would do well to pay attention to the way he approaches training.   i understand you havent been able to put on slabs of muscle even though youve been very dedicated to training and eating for years now, but that is what is required to make progress and although the progress is very small,  it is worth the effort if improving your body is important to you. i have been able to maintain all of my  steroid muscle over the past year by focusing on strict form, slow negatives, hard squeezing at peak contraction, staying away from failure, and giving my muscles lots of rest between sets. if i thought training was as simple as you seem to think it is, i guarantee i would be the same size now that i was before i started juicing. i see it happen all the time to friends of mine.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
No was not talking about you .

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
My shoulders grow quite fast so yes it will happen
I'm not 10% I'm 8 if that
I have good tie ins visible even in clothes quite deep indentedI guess sometimes your perspective gets clouded when you see a lot of pro bbers like dexter it was a vid of his I was admiring his tie in which made him look even bigger than he was. So this thread is me nit picking really ..:
choice is an illusion

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
  meso has good dna like dex   so eat more protein and use a total delt routine like cswol said