Author Topic: Me and My Pet Cat  (Read 6170 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Me and My Pet Cat
« on: February 19, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »
I have a maine guy cat (see pic) (+ not sure why getbig keeps rewording c.o.o.n. cat as "guy cat").  We interact - for example I pet the cat, it purrs at me, I feed cat food or even human food like steak, chicken etc, it licks or gently bites me sometimes, etc.

Now if I told you I post as BigBobs, then separately told you the cat posts as Bigbobs, would you tell me that I'm contradicting myself, not making any sense, and that a cat is not able to type and post on getbig?

Or would you come up with an elaborate explanation like, "The human is Bigbobs and the cat is BigBobs, they are the same entity in two different persons, and equate to one entity interacting with itself, the cat is BigBobs limiting himself, etc."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Me and My Pet Cat
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »
I love cats I had 5 when I was a kid, my wife and mother are against me getting one now lol :( Beautiful cat mashAllah!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
I love cats I had 5 when I was a kid, my wife and mother are against me getting one now lol :( Beautiful cat mashAllah!

Thanks!  We have two cats, the one in the pic above is a long haired male, the other is a black short haired female.  One unique thing about the fella in the pic is that he actually goes on walks with us lol.  We walk sometimes several blocks and it walks with us, without a leash.  We get strange looks from passerbys sometimes.  He's also very intelligent, once we had gone for a walk and were in a new neighbourhood about 7-8 blocks away, and suddenly he jumped a fence and went into someone else's backyard and disappeared from our sight.  We were worried he would not find his way home without one of us to follow, but by the evening he was back at our doorstep :)  The cat was not familiar with this neighbourhood or route prior to jumping the fence, but was able to find its way home despite so many houses and roads in our neighbourhood looking almost identical.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:53:16 AM »
Folks sometimes resort to this type of stuff when cogent responses are given to their tough objections. 

I'll have to go find the quote I just read in a book I recently finished....summed it up beautifully.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »
I know! Cats are super smart! I was never a fan of dogs, I always found cats more 'human like' and more intelligent, a lot more emotional, etc... Trust me they know their home :) They learn things fast too!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »
Dogs are mentioned in the Bible.  Lions are mentioned in the Bible.  Domestic cats are never mentioned in the Bible, unless of course demon is another word for domestic cat.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
Diary of the Cat and Dog

As seen in a dog's diary:

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!
11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity... My captors continued to taunt me with
bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat,
while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me
going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from
clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.
Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they
were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs.

In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once
again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this on
their bed.
Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in
an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to
strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about
what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan...

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in
solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell
the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my
powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkie! s and maybe snitches. The
dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is
obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and speaks
with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his
current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured. But I can
wait, it is only a matter of time...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »
L. Ron Hubbard did not care for cats.
A

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »
L. Ron Hubbard did not care for cats.

Ron L Hubbard IS the Devil.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »
Dogs are mentioned in the Bible.  Lions are mentioned in the Bible.  Domestic cats are never mentioned in the Bible, unless of course demon is another word for domestic cat.

I don't know what kind of cats you've ever interacted with or of you'ver had any at all but every single cats Ive ever had and Ive had six of them starting from the age of 10 have all been sweet natured, loyal, incredibly affectionate animals. Shame I can't say the same about most people. I think most of the "cat haters" simply hate them because 1. they've never had any 2. They've had bad experinces with one. or 3. They haven't spent enough time around any.
I think its pretty pathetic and ignorant to hate on any animal. They're like dogs there's good ones and bad ones. It all comes down to temperament.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:07 AM »

I don't know what kind of cats you've ever interacted with or of you'ver had any at all but every single cats Ive ever had and Ive had six of them starting from the age of 10 have all been sweet natured, loyal, incredibly affectionate animals. Shame I can't say the same about most people. I think most of the "cat haters" simply hate them because 1. they've never had any 2. They've had bad experinces with one. or 3. They haven't spent enough time around any.
I think its pretty pathetic and ignorant to hate on any animal. They're like dogs there's good ones and bad ones. It all comes down to temperament.

Relax!  I'm just kidding.  I do not hate any animal or human.

You are right about cats.  Take Pinky here, for example.  He is a very loving cat:

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:46 AM »
Ron L Hubbard IS the Devil.

There is more truth in this than you may think.  Although not the devil in the literal sense, he did consider himself the inheritor the "the beast" mantle after the death of aleistar crowley.
A

Johna

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »
I am a dog person.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
I have a maine guy cat (see pic) (+ not sure why getbig keeps rewording c.o.o.n. cat as "guy cat").  We interact - for example I pet the cat, it purrs at me, I feed cat food or even human food like steak, chicken etc, it licks or gently bites me sometimes, etc.

Now if I told you I post as BigBobs, then separately told you the cat posts as Bigbobs, would you tell me that I'm contradicting myself, not making any sense, and that a cat is not able to type and post on getbig?

Or would you come up with an elaborate explanation like, "The human is Bigbobs and the cat is BigBobs, they are the same entity in two different persons, and equate to one entity interacting with itself, the cat is BigBobs limiting himself, etc."

Man that cat reminds me of my Scooter!  Big ole maine coone....about 30lbs....was huge.  Biggest cat with the tiniest voice.  We lost him to kidney failure back in 2009. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 03:27:01 PM »
I am a dog person.

Testing the waters until you go full on gimmick.  Nicely done
A

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
Man that cat reminds me of my Scooter!  Big ole maine coone....about 30lbs....was huge.  Biggest cat with the tiniest voice.  We lost him to kidney failure back in 2009. 

Sorry to hear that, did you find Scooter more intelligent than most cats?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »
Sorry to hear that, did you find Scooter more intelligent than most cats?

That's a good question that I never considered.  We've had three different cats at once (our oldest cat passed at the end January this year...now we just have our one tabby named Smuckers) and now that I think about it Scooter was rather intelligent.

Is that common among Maine Coon cats?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 05:31:14 PM »
^Do you have pix of your cats?

I only had one pic of one of my cats as a kid :'( I am not sure where the pic is either sigh...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »
^Do you have pix of your cats?

I only had one pic of one of my cats as a kid :'( I am not sure where the pic is either sigh...

Absolutely, lemme find some shots of our "fur babies" as my wife called them.   Seeing those old pics is gonna make me tear up a like big girl....dang!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
Maaaan I need some way to convince the wife and mother to agree to me getting cats ha ha ha... I LOVE cats.. :'(

lol when I was little my cat used to sleep on my feet. I dunno, I find cats so intelligent and so emotionally bonding, so human like short of talking lol.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 06:41:23 AM »
Here is Scooter...he passed back in 2009.   Really miss him and still think I see him dart by in my peripheral vision sometimes.  I used to hear his little voice after he passed, but I don't anymore.   Then this year we lost our oldest, tiniest tabby....she was the sweetest cat I've ever known...that loss is still stinging.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »
Maaaan I need some way to convince the wife and mother to agree to me getting cats ha ha ha... I LOVE cats.. :'(

lol when I was little my cat used to sleep on my feet. I dunno, I find cats so intelligent and so emotionally bonding, so human like short of talking lol.

Just tell them that your friend or coworker took a stray cat and their spouse told them that they have to take it to the SPCA where it will be almost certainly put down due to the large # of stray cats given, and that you want to save it's life by adopting it :)

The grey cat (Tigger) I put the pic up of, he was a stray and we adopted him the same way.  It was minus 40 Celcius here in Edmonton and my wife's coworker took him inside worrying that he would freeze to death.  Hubby did not want him to stay in the house, so she started asking around for a new home before she's forced to take him to the SPCA.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
Here is Scooter...he passed back in 2009.   Really miss him and still think I see him dart by in my peripheral vision sometimes.  I used to hear his little voice after he passed, but I don't anymore.   Then this year we lost our oldest, tiniest tabby....she was the sweetest cat I've ever known...that loss is still stinging.

Gorgeous cat!  I actually find the chubbier ones cuter and more beautiful.  I read that maine c's are among the most intelligent cats

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »
Gorgeous cat!  I actually find the chubbier ones cuter and more beautiful.  I read that maine c's are among the most intelligent cats

He was big, pretty boy....I miss him a ton.  I honestly didn't know that about maines, but when I think about it it's true.

It's nice to see other cats lovers around these parts.  Don't get me wrong I like dogs, but cats are just beautiful and loving in a unique way....at least I think so.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 01:31:57 PM »
I had an african cat  ;D Just like this one :)