Author Topic: How is it possible to ban someones IP address???  (Read 581 times)

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
How is it possible to ban someones IP address???
« on: February 19, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
so i was on a message board and i saw "you are banned"
the message board is a newspaper that allow you to write coments and you have to type an email address and a code,i type some wrong email always
and they banned me,ok nothing wrong i cleared the history on google chrome and used CCLEANER then got back to the message board i tryed to enter the site booom-again the same message-you are banned
so i unplugged the modem and waited for 2 minutes cause i know thats the way to change you IP address cause i dont have the option with my operator to have a single one IP address...
¸THE QUESTION IS-CAN A MODERATOR OF SOME MESSAGE BOARD DO SOME MANIPULATIONS WITH MY IP ADDRESS,CAN HE LOCATE ME,CAN HE REVEAL MY DATA?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: How is it possible to ban someones IP address???
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:58:58 PM »
so i was on a message board and i saw "you are banned"
the message board is a newspaper that allow you to write coments and you have to type an email address and a code,i type some wrong email always
and they banned me,ok nothing wrong i cleared the history on google chrome and used CCLEANER then got back to the message board i tryed to enter the site booom-again the same message-you are banned
so i unplugged the modem and waited for 2 minutes cause i know thats the way to change you IP address cause i dont have the option with my operator to have a single one IP address...
¸THE QUESTION IS-CAN A MODERATOR OF SOME MESSAGE BOARD DO SOME MANIPULATIONS WITH MY IP ADDRESS,CAN HE LOCATE ME,CAN HE REVEAL MY DATA?

LOL

retard alert

ukjeff

Re: How is it possible to ban someones IP address???
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:59:37 PM »
THE QUESTION IS-CAN A MODERATOR OF SOME MESSAGE BOARD DO SOME MANIPULATIONS WITH MY IP ADDRESS,CAN HE LOCATE ME,CAN HE REVEAL MY DATA?
They can ban the IP address you log in with, you can simply use a proxy server and log in again, they normally ban your user name along with your IP though.

Your IP only gives an approximate location to your home address, its pretty much useless to anyone, however the police can request your service provider to give your details if you are suspected of committing a crime.