Author Topic: Bible Verses Clearly Confirm Jesus Being God  (Read 8160 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Bible Verses Clearly Confirm Jesus Being God
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
Just a few.  More to come.    ;D

John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him
32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

John 14:8-9
8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”
9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Matthew 11:27
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 20:27-29
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

John 1:9-14
9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10:36
36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 5:18
For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 19:6-7
6 As soon as the chief priests and their officials saw him, they shouted, “Crucify! Crucify!”  But Pilate answered, “You take him and crucify him. As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him.”
7 The Jewish leaders insisted, “We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

Mark 2:5-12
5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.
6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves,
7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?
8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things?
9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’?
10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man,
11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Matthew 13:41
The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Luke 1:35
The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

John 5:21-23
21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.
22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son,
23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

John 3:13
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

John 8:58-59
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Bible Verses Clearly Confirm Jesus Being God
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »
So you just copy pasted all the verses we already refuted many times. How long do you think this can go on?

Like I said to Mos in the other thread. If anyone aside from those that were already indoctrinated with trinitarian beliefs were to read the bible from cover to cover they would not conclude and leave having read the bible that Jesus is God.

I could do the exact same thing now and copy paste hundreds upon hundreds more verses than anything you can copy paste proving Jesus as not God then what?

You realize we addressed all these verses. For example the last verse you just pasted.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Already addressed a million times. God has 'many sons' according to OT and NT. How is Jesus ONLY son now again pardon?

And as Bobber brought about I never thought of it that way. Humans have DNA, are you implying God has DNA by 'having a son'. The list goes on and on...

Not to mention the above verse does not prove anyhow that Jesus IS GOD. Even if we were to take it literally it says son of God, so if taken literally that means there is a God and that God has a son (not the same two different entities).Even though in the actual language of the bible son of God is metaphorical as in the OT.

That was in fact one of my religion class questions as a kid about how are we 'children of God'

Johna

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
Nice book.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »
So you just copy pasted all the verses we already refuted many times. How long do you think this can go on?

Like I said to Mos in the other thread. If anyone aside from those that were already indoctrinated with trinitarian beliefs were to read the bible from cover to cover they would not conclude and leave having read the bible that Jesus is God.

I could do the exact same thing now and copy paste hundreds upon hundreds more verses than anything you can copy paste proving Jesus as not God then what?

You realize we addressed all these verses. For example the last verse you just pasted.

Already addressed a million times. God has 'many sons' according to OT and NT. How is Jesus ONLY son now again pardon?

And as Bobber brought about I never thought of it that way. Humans have DNA, are you implying God has DNA by 'having a son'. The list goes on and on...

Not to mention the above verse does not prove anyhow that Jesus IS GOD. Even if we were to take it literally it says son of God, so if taken literally that means there is a God and that God has a son (not the same two different entities).Even though in the actual language of the bible son of God is metaphorical as in the OT.

That was in fact one of my religion class questions as a kid about how are we 'children of God'

I don't know why I'm actually wasting precious time on this pigheaded and obtuse fellow with his hollow objections but here goes anyway. Jesus is the only divine Son of God. All the other so-called sons are not divine but just creations, be they angels or men. God certainly has no human DNA as He is Spirit but He certainly can beget human genes (by agency of the Holy Ghost) since He is omnipotent. 'According to the Synoptic Gospels, Jesus referred to himself obliquely as "the Son" and even more significantly spoke of God as "my Father" (Matt. 11:27 par.; 16:17; Luke 22:29). He not only spoke like "the Son" but also acted like "the Son" in knowing and revealing the truth about God, in changing the divine law, in forgiving sins, in being the one through whom others could become children of God, and in acting with total obedience as the agent for God's final kingdom. This clarifies the charge of blasphemy brought against him at the end (Mark 14:64 par.); He had given the impression of claiming to stand on a par with God. Jesus came across as expressing a unique filial consciousness and as laying claim to a unique filial relationship with the God whom he addressed as "Abba". Jesus presented himself as Son and not just as one who was the divinely appointed Messiah (and therefore "son" of God). He made himself out to be more than only someone chosen and anointed as divine representative to fulfil an eschatological role in and for the kingdom. Implicitly, Jesus claimed an essential, "ontological" relationship of sonship towards God which provided the grounds for his functions as revealer, lawgiver, forgiver of sins, and agent of the final kingdom. Those functions (his "doing") depended on his ontological relationship as Son of God (his "being"). Jesus invited his hearers to accept God as a loving, merciful Father. He worked towards mediating to them a new relationship with God, even to the point that they too could use "Abba" when addressing God in prayer. Yet Jesus's consistent distinction between "my" Father and "your" Father showed that he was not inviting the disciples to share with him an identical relationship of sonship. He was apparently conscious of a qualitative distinction between his Sonship and their sonship which was derived from and depended on his. His way of being Son was different from theirs.' So while Jesus was obviously not God the Father to whom He was praying He was STILL God! God refers to BOTH the Father and the Son/the Word in the New Testament (see John 1:1).

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »
I don't know why I'm actually wasting precious time [...]

Is it, maybe, because you are an idiot?

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 05:55:41 PM »
Is it, maybe, because you are an idiot?

I think not.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
I think not.

Queue the legendary triple entendre...

Well, that's not a surprise.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 06:00:08 PM »
Queue the legendary triple entendre...

Well, that's not a surprise.

'Cue' you mean.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »
'Cue' you mean.

My my - you didn't get the joke...

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
My my - you didn't get the joke...

There was never any joke; I won't have any of that.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »
There was never any joke; I won't have any of that.

Don't have any of it - what you choose to do has no bearing on reality.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »
Don't have any of it - what you choose to do has no bearing on reality.

It has everything to do with reality.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 07:41:26 PM »
It has everything to do with reality.

Of course it does troll :)

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:51 PM »
Of course it does troll :)

What's that, fool? That's precisely why I said it obviously.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
I don't know why I'm actually wasting precious time on this pigheaded and obtuse fellow with his hollow objections but here goes anyway. Jesus is the only divine Son of God. All the other so-called sons are not divine but just creations, be they angels or men. God certainly has no human DNA as He is Spirit but He certainly can beget human genes (by agency of the Holy Ghost) since He is omnipotent. 'According to the Synoptic Gospels, Jesus referred to himself obliquely as "the Son" and even more significantly spoke of God as "my Father" (Matt. 11:27 par.; 16:17; Luke 22:29). He not only spoke like "the Son" but also acted like "the Son" in knowing and revealing the truth about God, in changing the divine law, in forgiving sins, in being the one through whom others could become children of God, and in acting with total obedience as the agent for God's final kingdom. This clarifies the charge of blasphemy brought against him at the end (Mark 14:64 par.); He had given the impression of claiming to stand on a par with God. Jesus came across as expressing a unique filial consciousness and as laying claim to a unique filial relationship with the God whom he addressed as "Abba". Jesus presented himself as Son and not just as one who was the divinely appointed Messiah (and therefore "son" of God). He made himself out to be more than only someone chosen and anointed as divine representative to fulfil an eschatological role in and for the kingdom. Implicitly, Jesus claimed an essential, "ontological" relationship of sonship towards God which provided the grounds for his functions as revealer, lawgiver, forgiver of sins, and agent of the final kingdom. Those functions (his "doing") depended on his ontological relationship as Son of God (his "being"). Jesus invited his hearers to accept God as a loving, merciful Father. He worked towards mediating to them a new relationship with God, even to the point that they too could use "Abba" when addressing God in prayer. Yet Jesus's consistent distinction between "my" Father and "your" Father showed that he was not inviting the disciples to share with him an identical relationship of sonship. He was apparently conscious of a qualitative distinction between his Sonship and their sonship which was derived from and depended on his. His way of being Son was different from theirs.' So while Jesus was obviously not God the Father to whom He was praying He was STILL God! God refers to BOTH the Father and the Son/the Word in the New Testament (see John 1:1).

I enjoyed this post.   Been communicating aspects of this post for awhile now and glad to have others doing the same.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 07:59:17 PM »
I enjoyed this post.   Been communicating aspects of this post for awhile now and glad to have others doing the same.

Well, thank you. Souls are at stake here man and the Devil is feverishly working to deceive the whole world (so as to lead people away from God just as he caused Eve and then Adam to disobey God)! If non-Christians do not believe in Jesus Christ that means they are already condemned! That surely won't do! I mean God desires all men to be saved and what do these godless fellows do instead of obeying God and believing in Christ for their own good?

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »
Well, thank you. Souls are at stake here man and the Devil is feverishly working to deceive the whole world (so as to lead people away from God just as he caused Eve and then Adam to disobey God)! If non-Christians do not believe in Jesus Christ that means they are already condemned! That surely won't do! I mean God desires all men to be saved and what do these godless fellows do instead of obeying God and believing in Christ for their own good?

Tho your intentions may be right and your hearts in the right place I really believe as a Believer that there's a time and place for everything. There's a time for preaching the Word to the lost and a time to remain silent. Its not our job to "save" people. Only God's Spirit can do that. Only the Holy Spirit can convict of sin. We as human beings and having the sinful will always be seen in a negative light no matter what we do. Christians are put under the microscope more than anyone. All you can do is pray and stay close to Christ. Usually tho just preaching at people just irritates the hell of them (no pun). And have found it falls on deaf ears.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »
Tho your intentions may be right and your hearts in the right place I really believe as a Believer that there's a time and place for everything. There's a time for preaching the Word to the lost and a time to remain silent. Its not our job to "save" people. Only God's Spirit can do that. Only the Holy Spirit can convict of sin. We as human beings and having the sinful will always be seen in a negative light no matter what we do. Christians are put under the microscope more than anyone. All you can do is pray and stay close to Christ. Usually tho just preaching at people just irritates the hell of them (no pun). And have found it falls on deaf ears.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18.

Our job is to spread the gospel of God (besides keeping His commandments ourselves) and not to remain silent. The problem is that there are too many holding their peace when we Christians have it as our divine devoir to speak out for God and Christ (this is of course a regular feature in the Scriptures). Preaching to unsaved people may irritate them to no end, especially in light of their sheer ignorance, but it is absolutely necessary for without even hearing the powerful message of God they are sure to die lost in their sins and hence receive eternal condemnation as recompence for their iniquities.

John

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »
Our job is to spread the gospel of God (besides keeping His commandments ourselves) and not to remain silent. The problem is that there are too many holding their peace when we Christians have it as our divine devoir to speak out for God and Christ (this is of course a regular feature in the Scriptures). Preaching to unsaved people may irritate them to no end, especially in light of their sheer ignorance, but it is absolutely necessary for without even hearing the powerful message of God they are sure to die lost in their sins and hence receive eternal condemnation as recompence for their iniquities.

I knew you'd argue with me. I'm not going to argue the point with you. I was not attacking you. Just merely making a point that getting in peoples faces isn't going to accomplish anything. People see character before anything else and how much someone cares before they'll listen to your words. I use this site as a form of entertainment and to pass my time on the net when I'm not working, renovating my house, or attending to my two kittens not as a pulpit to preach on to a bunch of juiced up bodybuilders.  Ive been a Christian for 24 years you sound rather new and over zealous one of those in your face bible bashers that the church is too frequently accused of. Not a criticism just how I see it. People are turned off by it. It can take years for someone to get saved. I doesn't usually happen overnight. Like Man of Steel pointed out you just maybe need to change your style. Condemning people to hell only turns them off immediately. You don't have to be so in your face about it. And btw most of what you've posted I completely agree with. If that means anything at all to you.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »
I knew you'd argue with me. I'm not going to argue the point with you. I was not attacking you. Just merely making a point that getting in peoples faces isn't going to accomplish anything. People see character before anything else and how much someone cares before they'll listen to your words. I use this site as a form of entertainment and to pass my time on the net when I'm not working, renovating my house, or attending to my two kittens not as a pulpit to preach on to a bunch of juiced up bodybuilders.  Ive been a Christian for 24 years you sound rather new and over zealous one of those in your face bible bashers that the church is too frequently accused of. Not a criticism just how I see it. People are turned off by it. It can take years for someone to get saved. I doesn't usually happen overnight. Like Man of Steel pointed out you just maybe need to change your style. Condemning people to hell only turns them off immediately. You don't have to be so in your face about it. And btw most of what you've posted I completely agree with. If that means anything at all to you.

I'm not arguing with you pal but simply TELLING you. My style is all about being upfront and telling the truth to it's totally unalterable. I care about these fellows greatly as brothers and am merely obeying the Lord in reproving their evil and crooked ways so are you now criticizing me for my obedience unto the Lord? That just won't do of course. I've been a Christian my entire life and have had tons of experience in this field; bodybuilders are people too who are utterly reliant on God for their daily needs.