Author Topic: PS4 - Official Release Date and info  (Read 4077 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
PS4 - Official Release Date and info
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:30:01 AM »

i don't own PS1, 2, 3 or any of the X-Box units until major sports give their licensing to companies, who can develop real world physics sports models.  

Fuck those dumb engines by EA Sports aka "If it's in the game, we don't put it in our games!"  

Where's the physics?  It looks like more eye candy to me.  And I don't mess with Facebook, so I don't need someone to take over the game for me.  

The big reveal is now over - PS4 console announced by Sony . We're largely excited but also a tiny bit disappointed. Technically, it was impressive, there were some accomplished-looking games, the hardware was even better specified than the rumours had led us to believe. However, there was no console hardware to look at, and pricing and release dates weren't confirmed. Basically we didn't get to see anything we didn't expect to see. The official PS4 release date is currently pencilled in for 'Holiday 2013', which most-likely means in time for Thanksgiving in the US, so a mid-November launch date.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: PS4
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:25:37 AM »

i don't own PS1, 2, 3 or any of the X-Box units until major sports give their licensing to companies, who can develop real world physics sports models.  

Fuck those dumb engines by EA Sports aka "If it's in the game, we don't put it in our games!"  

Where's the physics?  It looks like more eye candy to me.  And I don't mess with Facebook, so I don't need someone to take over the game for me. 
do you agree the current gen of basketball games suck? seems all that matters is what team you pick
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:10:52 AM »
who was the Getbigger again who said several times that PS4 would not be released this year ???

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:15:28 AM »
Looks like an Epic failure.  Enough with this social media shit.  Is that really their big deal?  I just want a PS3 that doesn't have a fan that sounds like a helicopter taking off when I watch a movie.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
no so,

i like the option of sleep mode and it not having to reboot completely every time you power it on and off

also like the dual chip for updates that allow you to do updates and use your console without waiting , Playstation updates can take forever unlike xbox

i also like the option to have a friend remote control your console online and pass a part of the game your stuck on

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 07:24:38 AM »
I watched the press release... I personally believe most of the "titles" they mentioned will slip into 2014 to be honest.

I do not expect that any title worth buying will be available on the system until 2014 anyway.

I am glad they gave it 8GB of memory.

The 256MB in the PS3 is not enough on any level... Causes huge developmental nightmares (or makes developers code smarter? However you want to look at it).

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
Looks like an Epic failure.  Enough with this social media shit.  Is that really their big deal?  I just want a PS3 that doesn't have a fan that sounds like a helicopter taking off when I watch a movie.

lol

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:13 AM »
buy a pc , link it to the net and put it below your TV in your living room... that's what consoles are nowadays, trying to mimic computers so close it's ridiculous... Just get a pc alrdy.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
this stuff is for kids.

or grown men who smoke the weed and think they got "widened horizon"

::)

i feel the same

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
this stuff is for kids.

or grown men who smoke the weed and think they got "widened horizon"

::)

I occasionally spark one up.  It's like having a scotch after a long day.
A

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »

Now that thats done - we wait for the new Xbox  ;D

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »
I'm guessing the next xbox will come out at the same time as PS4. I will buy both as usual, but might wait for a price drop with the PS4. I didn't get the Wii U yet and probably won't until there are at least 5 games I want to play

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »
I'm guessing the next xbox will come out at the same time as PS4. I will buy both as usual, but might wait for a price drop with the PS4. I didn't get the Wii U yet and probably won't until there are at least 5 games I want to play

I expect the Xbox will be out a little earlier... Either way, it should have more launch titles than the PS4 no matter what.

The dev units for the Xbox have been around much longer than the PS4 Dev units.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
I watched the press release... I personally believe most of the "titles" they mentioned will slip into 2014 to be honest.

I do not expect that any title worth buying will be available on the system until 2014 anyway.

I am glad they gave it 8GB of memory.

The 256MB in the PS3 is not enough on any level... Causes huge developmental nightmares (or makes developers code smarter? However you want to look at it).

Do you work in the games industry?  I seem to remember you mentioning this in the past.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »
Do you work in the games industry?  I seem to remember you mentioning this in the past.

I do.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
I expect the Xbox will be out a little earlier... Either way, it should have more launch titles than the PS4 no matter what.

The dev units for the Xbox have been around much longer than the PS4 Dev units.

Yea but if PS4 is releasing late 2013, I doubt the next xbox will be released much earlier. If anything, it won't be more than one month apart. It wouldn't even shock me if both came out on the exact same day. And let's face it, there are hardly any console-exclusives anymore. Most games come out for multiple systems. I expect both systems to have 1 big time exclusive each on launch day.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »
FUCKING $59 JUNK!

Get a REAL AI, and I'll finally purchase a console. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
Playing Mame and Doom on an old PC that I got for free.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »
Yea but if PS4 is releasing late 2013, I doubt the next xbox will be released much earlier. If anything, it won't be more than one month apart. It wouldn't even shock me if both came out on the exact same day. And let's face it, there are hardly any console-exclusives anymore. Most games come out for multiple systems. I expect both systems to have 1 big time exclusive each on launch day.

They may release at the same time, my point is just that the Xbox has been in the hands of developers a lot longer than the PS4.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »
FUCKING $59 JUNK!

Get a REAL AI, and I'll finally purchase a console. 
Wow, that is crap. Madden has been just about the only game I played consistently for many years.. I almost never play video games anymore though.

Random, but back in 2005 I was ranked in the top 500 players for Madden on the PS2 for exactly one game lol. I ended up losing to one of the elite players by about 70 points. Highlight of my weak gaming career.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
buy a pc , link it to the net and put it below your TV in your living room... that's what consoles are nowadays, trying to mimic computers so close it's ridiculous... Just get a pc alrdy.

a gaming pc is much more expensive and it constantly needs to be upgraded

consoles are much more convenient and sony in particular has many great games that can only be played on playstation

btw tu holmes you said ps4 wouldn't come out this year, also most of the games mentioned in the conference are launch titles

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »
a gaming pc is much more expensive and it constantly needs to be upgraded

consoles are much more convenient and sony in particular has many great games that can only be played on playstation

btw tu holmes you said ps4 wouldn't come out this year, also most of the games mentioned in the conference are launch titles

E

I still don't think they will make a 2013 shipping date.

As I said, I put my hands on the Xbox last April... I can only JUST now put my hands on a PS4 Development unit, so I still don't believe it will make a 2013 date.

I could be wrong of course, but that's just my gut feelings on the matter.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
Console gaming.... pffffttttt.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
 getting it for my kid

TheTrueVictor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 03:15:32 AM »
I just want a PS3 that doesn't have a fan that sounds like a helicopter taking off when I watch a movie.

Hahaha! So true. Doesn't do it so much for Blu-rays, but when it comes to a DVD, forget it!