Author Topic: I guess a 3 year old in a wheelchair is a threat for TSA  (Read 3900 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: I guess a 3 year old in a wheelchair is a threat for TSA
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:40:37 AM »
Fucking insane. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:59:50 AM »
drive your car next time,the rules are the rules

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 05:01:09 AM »
drive your car next time,the rules are the rules

GMafb.  This is absurd.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:03:53 AM »
they check everyone that's the rules.my mom is 73 in a wheel chair they check her every time

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:26 AM »
they check everyone that's the rules.my mom is 73 in a wheel chair they check her every time

Does not make t right.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 05:08:37 AM »
We need more government in our lives!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:36 AM »
that mother is trying to make it a big deal,she says nobody touches my daughter without me videoing it  ::) ::). shes trying to get her minute of fame

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:00 AM »
Global Entry (Fast Pass) = $100

Best hundred bucks I ever spent in my life in the travel industry.  You don't have to wait in line.  You don't have to take your shoes off.  You don't have to take your belt or watch off.  You don't have to take your liquids out of your bag.  You don't have to remove your laptop.  You don't have to have the full body scan. 

Empty your pockets, toss your bag on the xray belt and walk through the metal detector.   Coming out of Las Vegas on Wednesday of last week, it took me 2 minutes to by pass the entire line and go through security.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »
Global Entry (Fast Pass) = $100

Best hundred bucks I ever spent in my life in the travel industry.  You don't have to wait in line.  You don't have to take your shoes off.  You don't have to take your belt or watch off.  You don't have to take your liquids out of your bag.  You don't have to remove your laptop.  You don't have to have the full body scan. 

Empty your pockets, toss your bag on the xray belt and walk through the metal detector.   Coming out of Las Vegas on Wednesday of last week, it took me 2 minutes to by pass the entire line and go through security.

Only works on SOME airports. Not every airport. And you can still be selected anyways and have to go in with the rest of the riff-raff.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 08:10:27 AM »
that mother is trying to make it a big deal,she says nobody touches my daughter without me videoing it  ::) ::). shes trying to get her minute of fame

And a few dollars.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
Only works on SOME airports. Not every airport. And you can still be selected anyways and have to go in with the rest of the riff-raff.

At some airports, correct.   At all entry bound Customs, correct.

Being selected, no.  You are given a completely separate line to enter and exit from.  (At the airports that have this option)  At the other airports that do not,  you are directed to the Premier (Or First Class, Priority Line, whatever they call it) to get ahead, but still have to go through the usual security routine (taking off shoes, etc..)

Good news is that more airports are adding it all the time.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 08:57:27 AM »
Being selected, no.  You are given a completely separate line to enter and exit from.  (At the airports that have this option)  At the other airports that do not,  you are directed to the Premier (Or First Class, Priority Line, whatever they call it) to get ahead, but still have to go through the usual security routine (taking off shoes, etc..)

You can still be randomly selected and required to go through the regular security, just like everyone else. Even in airports that do have a dedicated GlobalEntry lane.

Good news is that more airports are adding it all the time.

Personally, I think that's bad for a number of reasons, the most important of which is that it teaches people that you can pay to bypass security (and that's how people see it, unfortunately - look at your comments) which is bad practice.

The kabuki theater performance that's put on by a bunch of undereducated idiots at the TSA checkpoint actually does very little to improve security but a lot to increase frustration and aggravation. Security is a difficult business. And the TSA isn't up to the task.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
I like the idea of offering two kinds of airlines:

the kind where they don't pat down people like this, and

the kind where you have to strip butt ass nekkid to fly, and they violate the shit out of you.

Make it a CHOICE.   Personally, I'd love to fly on an airline where they search the corn out of everyone's shit first.  But that should be a CHOICE, not a requirement.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
You can still be randomly selected and required to go through the regular security, just like everyone else. Even in airports that do have a dedicated GlobalEntry lane.

Absolutely not.  I went over this in the interview with them and specifically asked this.  If they have a Global Entry lane and you are in it then you are fast pass-ed ahead.   Once you are in that lane, they don't pull you out.  The Homeland Security Officer who interviewed me and did my background check told me the only reason that could ever happen would be if the Global Entry lane was closed at the moment.  Then you had to just stand in the regular line.  But if you are in that lane and going through, there are no secondary checks at all.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »
Absolutely not.  I went over this in the interview with them and specifically asked this.  If they have a Global Entry lane and you are in it then you are fast pass-ed ahead.   Once you are in that lane, they don't pull you out.  The Homeland Security Officer who interviewed me and did my background check told me the only reason that could ever happen would be if the Global Entry lane was closed at the moment.  Then you had to just stand in the regular line.  But if you are in that lane and going through, there are no secondary checks at all.

I urge you to read up on http://www.globalentry.gov/tsa.html and check the details on TSA PreCheck website, which says this about screening:

If the agency determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening through TSA Pre✓™, information will be embedded in the barcode of the passenger’s boarding pass. TSA will read the barcode at designated checkpoints and the passenger may be referred to an expedited screening lane. TSA will always incorporate random and unpredictable security measures throughout the airport and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.

If anyone promised you what you claim they promised you well then you were lied to. It's as simple as that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
Meh.  Both of them were bringing the drama.  The mom wanted a confrontation and got it.  TSA didn't know what the heck they were talking about. 

I understand why they put kids and grandmas through screening, because of "planting," but there has to be an easier way to do this. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
We need more government in our lives!

x2

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 12:21:46 PM »

the kind where you have to strip butt ass nekkid to fly, and they violate the shit out of you.

Make it a CHOICE.   Personally, I'd love to fly on an airline where they search the corn out of everyone's shit first.  But that should be a CHOICE, not a requirement.

Thats actually a good idea.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

what the hell you talking about  ???