Author Topic: "Big Cat"  (Read 8909 times)

Loomis

• Getbig III
"Big Cat"
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:02:48 PM »
Anybody ever hear of this guy? He seems to be well respected when it comes to gear, but alot of what he says totally contradicts what's accepted as common knowledge on the boards. He doesn't reccomend Test as a base for all cycles, the dosages he refferences are not the same, etc. Stuff like that. ??? Discuss...

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: "Big Cat"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:37:42 PM »
yeah, ive heard of him. i think he posts mostly on www.cuttingedgemuscle.co m if im not mistaken. i think hes writing a book..or at least finishing one that nandi was writing.

im sure alot of his research/ ideas and methods could be found over there.

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:44:28 PM »
Anybody ever hear of this guy? He seems to be well respected when it comes to gear, but alot of what he says totally contradicts what's accepted as common knowledge on the boards. He doesn't reccomend Test as a base for all cycles, the dosages he refferences are not the same, etc. Stuff like that. ??? Discuss...

Big cat is a poser...Patrick Arnold owned his ass so many times on bodybuilding.com..Patric k showed everyone that big cat is a poser..You ever notice how complicated Big Cat makes things sound..He trys to confuse everyone into thinking he knows what he's talking about..
musclegurus.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:57:57 PM »
Big cat is a poser...Patrick Arnold owned his ass so many times on bodybuilding.com..Patric k showed everyone that big cat is a poser..You ever notice how complicated Big Cat makes things sound..He trys to confuse everyone into thinking he knows what he's talking about..

I don't take Big Cat seriously, his ideas are just too unfounded. 

Test is ALWAYS the base for any extended multi-layered cycle.  That's basic knowledge.

Nandi Hoffman on the other hand always had good research to back up his shit.

He passed away not too long ago..........

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 09:02:35 PM »
I don't take Big Cat seriously, his ideas are just too unfounded. 

Test is ALWAYS the base for any extended multi-layered cycle.  That's basic knowledge.

Nandi Hoffman on the other hand always had good research to back up his shit.

He passed away not too long ago..........

DIV

never read any of big cats stuff...just knew where to find it. nandi on the other hand seemed to be a god damn genius...and had a good sense of humor too. i remember nandi from the old school triedia....those were the days huh div?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:05:38 PM »
never read any of big cats stuff...just knew where to find it. nandi on the other hand seemed to be a god damn genius...and had a good sense of humor too. i remember nandi from the old school triedia....those were the days huh div?

Nandi was the master.

DIV

MrJ

• Getbig I
  • Get big, stay juiced.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 10:25:06 AM »
What a lot of BS here. 3 Points.

1) BC does recommend Test. as a base for all cycles.

2) BC and PA have a history of getting in a 'fight' from time to time, but from what I've read PA is the one getting his but kicked most of the time.

3) Nandi and BC shared most of the time the same view on things. So how come Nandi is a master/genius en BC a poser?  ::)
MrJ from DBB

jdoug

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 11:27:56 AM »
they have alot of mods there on bbing.com, we need to nominate some ppl ova here

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 11:35:24 AM »
I thought Big Cat got arrested?

Or was that big Red?
:-)

VallhallaOrBust2

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 11:40:45 AM »
What a lot of BS here. 3 Points.

1) BC does recommend Test. as a base for all cycles.

2) BC and PA have a history of getting in a 'fight' from time to time, but from what I've read PA is the one getting his but kicked most of the time.

3) Nandi and BC shared most of the time the same view on things. So how come Nandi is a master/genius en BC a poser?  ::)

Agreed.  Now L. Rea on the other hand, he has alot of unconventional ideas...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »

Simple.  Because I've known Nandi, he was on Triedia for years, which is why I am familiar with him.  His theories always have rational evidence to back them up, whereas many times BigCat will just spout off theories with no basis in the medical literature.  Let's just say I "trust" Nandi......

Agreed.  Now L. Rea on the other hand, he has alot of unconventional ideas...

Author L. Rea has alot of unproven theories.

I talked with him about some of his ideas, he clearly is convinced, he's trying to break new ground. 

DIV 

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 12:26:15 PM »
Simple.  Because I've known Nandi, he was on Triedia for years, which is why I am familiar with him.  His theories always have rational evidence to back them up, whereas many times BigCat will just spout off theories with no basis in the medical literature.  Let's just say I "trust" Nandi......

exactly mr. j, if you had read my post i clearly said that i had not read ANY of big cat's stuff. nandi on the other hand, was around during the days of old...that is why i am familiar with him......that is also why i said i thought he was a genius. simple as that......no need to make something out of nothing

MrJ

• Getbig I
  • Get big, stay juiced.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 12:47:48 PM »

Then I guess you have never read one single post of BC.  :D 

Saying the BC has no basis in the medical literature is saying that G. Bush has an IQ over the 120.  ::)

The funny thing is now that you say you 'trust' Nandi. But Nandi was BC's friend and mentor en he had on his turn great trust in his pupil. So that should mean if you 'trust' Nandi, you indirectly 'trust' BC.

Ironic isn't it?  8)

To backup this all up a small quote from the Cutingedgemuscle board.

I have known Big Cat for going on three years. Big Cat was always known for being a bright academic on these boards, but over these past few years, he has only gotten brighter. I have gotten to know him better over this time and not only have I counted him as a friend, but Nandi counted him as a friend. Karl also respected him very much, so much indeed that he has collaborated with Big Cat on research and publications, some yet to be published. The very fact that Karl held Big Cat in such high regard makes him part of the very core of CEM, and he would have loved having his leadership here.

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=15361&s=e38c6d4abc698f16ef3cc50fcbe39d3c

I rest my case.  8)
MrJ from DBB

MrJ

• Getbig I
  • Get big, stay juiced.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 12:51:04 PM »
exactly mr. j, if you had read my post i clearly said that i had not read ANY of big cat's stuff. nandi on the other hand, was around during the days of old...that is why i am familiar with him......that is also why i said i thought he was a genius. simple as that......no need to make something out of nothing

I wasn't reffering to your post. Just used your 'genius' part.

If I wanted to address your personally I would have quoted your post. No need to make something out of nothing.
MrJ from DBB

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 01:01:09 PM »
I wasn't reffering to your post. Just used your 'genius' part.

If I wanted to address your personally I would have quoted your post. No need to make something out of nothing.

yeah.....thanks smartass :) please footnote me next time. LOL

anyway....since you seem to be in "the know", was i correct in my first post on nandi wring a book that big cat is finishing? can you elaborate on this????

now im making something out of nothing...or something like that ???...im confused

MrJ

• Getbig I
  • Get big, stay juiced.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 01:22:37 PM »
yeah.....thanks smartass :) please footnote me next time. LOL

anyway....since you seem to be in "the know", was i correct in my first post on nandi wring a book that big cat is finishing? can you elaborate on this????

now im making something out of nothing...or something like that ???...im confused

Yeps, BC is finishing the book they both worked on.

You can find more here if you like: http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44&pagenumber=1&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&daysprune=1000&x=9&y=15  :)
MrJ from DBB

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »
Personally, I have found BC's information to be very valuable.  He has synthesized a tremendous amount of information on products about which little well-written information was available.   

He, like all of us, has no doubt grown in his understanding and knowledge about gear and about how gear interacts with the human body--I am sure that alot of his writings are a bit out of date and that he, too, would admit that--but who among us would say that our thinking and knowledge has not expanded due to the interactions available to us on the Internet?  I am quite sure that things that I myself wrote 5 to 10 years ago, in published literature, are now outdated.

Also, much of the medical literature has to be extrapolated to apply to the (novel) ways in which we utilize these precious gold oils.  The kind of studies that WE would need will never be done (although you could sign me up for sure!). 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 05:06:36 PM »
He, like all of us, has no doubt grown in his understanding and knowledge about gear and about how gear interacts with the human body--I am sure that alot of his writings are a bit out of date and that he, too, would admit that--but who among us would say that our thinking and knowledge has not expanded due to the interactions available to us on the Internet?  I am quite sure that things that I myself wrote 5 to 10 years ago, in published literature, are now outdated.

Also, much of the medical literature has to be extrapolated to apply to the (novel) ways in which we utilize these precious gold oils.  The kind of studies that WE would need will never be done (although you could sign me up for sure!). 

Good point, Freaker....

Information gets updated, and new breakthroughs are realized all the time. 

The sad part is that we don't have the proper studies that would apply to us as a population.

It would make things so much easier.......less risky.

DIV

deliciousmoth

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 05:46:05 PM »
Yeps, BC is finishing the book they both worked on.

You can find more here if you like: http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44&pagenumber=1&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&daysprune=1000&x=9&y=15  :)

thanks for the link mr. j  ;). ill check it out broseph!

whitewidow

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 10:16:54 PM »
I dont know him- but I have heard others refer to him by big fat.

jdoug

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 10:28:03 PM »
I thought Big Cat got arrested?

Or was that big Red?

im pretty sure that was big red that got his doors kicked in  ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 11:01:56 PM »
I dont know him- but I have heard others refer to him by big fat.

He's not exactly the most "user friendly" type guru.....

Read in to that what you will.

DIV

MrJ

• Getbig I
  • Get big, stay juiced.
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 11:54:33 PM »
He's not exactly the most "user friendly" type guru.....

No he wasn't.

But he is making well progress in the way he communicates.  :)
MrJ from DBB

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2005, 05:57:01 AM »
True--with a name like "Big Cat" you expect to see some massive freakazoid, but he himself relates that the name was given to him back in college because he slept so much and so soundly...like one of the "big cats."