Author Topic: What do you all think about Dana making threats to Jose?  (Read 1613 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
What do you all think about Dana making threats to Jose?
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-refuses-to-fight-anthony-pettis-doesnt-think-he-deserves-it

It was reported earlier this month that Pettis would drop down to 145 pounds with White granting him his wish to fight for the featherweight title on Aug. 3, but it’s now evident that the Brazilian wants no piece of him.

“I wouldn’t want to fight Pettis either,” White continued. “He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. The fight is on. He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s NOT going to like how this turns out.”

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: What do you all think about Dana making threats to Jose?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 05:22:41 AM »
http://www.mmaweekly.com/jose-aldo-refuses-to-fight-anthony-pettis-doesnt-think-he-deserves-it

It was reported earlier this month that Pettis would drop down to 145 pounds with White granting him his wish to fight for the featherweight title on Aug. 3, but it's now evident that the Brazilian wants no piece of him.

“I wouldn't want to fight Pettis either,” White continued. “He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. The fight is on. He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s NOT going to like how this turns out.”

I kind of understand Jose, but at the same time, I know that for two fighters to fight, it all comes down to making weight. It can turn out to be a nightmare for Jose if Pettis comes in come fight night close to his regular weight after ballooning back up.

Dana's job is to make great fights and keep the revenue from these events high. I recently heard Dana on the Joe Rogan Podcast stating that he is going to do whatever he needs to make Silva Vs Jones happen.

We all know Anderson would much rather not have to fight Jones due to obvious reasons (weight, height, reach etc..), but as a fan, I would love to see those two go at it.

"1"

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:08 AM »
A champion has to defend and if the powers that be choose Pettis then so be it. Aldo needs to remember he doesnt call the shots, he may be #1 but Dana gets to decide if he stays there............

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »
  I agree OMR   I think Jose is way more worried about Pettis (did NOT seem worried about Edgar)