Author Topic: What is the cheapest country to live in where you don't have to worry about..  (Read 8976 times)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
Try Monaco if you a loaded .

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving

???

Have you been to Poland? You need to have been there to judge it for yourself.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Sebastian is a legend among the gypsy romani community here in Paris. Their representative stated that if he came back to Paris, they would all leave. the government is still unsure if they want to trade.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
So far Costa Rica is nice but not as cheap as anticipated.  There's better prices in the smaller town but still 60% of what you'd pay in the U.S.  without the infrastructure bonuses.  Tourism appears down here so prices need to fall.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  I did not like Poland. There were a lot of hot chicks, but I would NOT want to live there.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
So far Costa Rica is nice but not as cheap as anticipated.  There's better prices in the smaller town but still 60% of what you'd pay in the U.S.  without the infrastructure bonuses.  Tourism appears down here so prices need to fall.

Nicaragua right next door is not as developed but just as nice...probably good to get in now.

Rudee

• Getbig V
canada is cold and too many taxes, and poor health care.

I would have to vote for Australia.

Canadian health care is not poor health care.  It's just that its not always timely.  For certain surgeries its quicker to cross the border into the US if you're willing to pay the costs.    One of the good things about health care in Canada is that you can be unemployed, and not worked in decades, and if you get into an accident and fuck yourself up and end up in the hospital, you are fully covered.   I broke arm and tib and fib on both legs when I was in my 20's and was in the hospital here in Canada where I live for 38 days.   Was attending University at the time.  Had no income other than a small student loans.  Didn't pay a dime for my hospital bill.  I do agree that it's cold here though, but hey, I'll take a little cold over crime and overpopulation any day. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Canadian health care is not poor health care.  It's just that its not always timely.  For certain surgeries its quicker to cross the border into the US if you're willing to pay the costs.    One of the good things about health care in Canada is that you can be unemployed, and not worked in decades, and if you get into an accident and fuck yourself up and end up in the hospital, you are fully covered.   I broke arm and tib and fib on both legs when I was in my 20's and was in the hospital here in Canada where I live for 38 days.   Was attending University at the time.  Had no income other than a small student loans.  Didn't pay a dime for my hospital bill.  I do agree that it's cold here though, but hey, I'll take a little cold over crime and overpopulation any day. 
no, free and shitty.
everyone with a decent job in Canada would gladly drive to the US to see a doctor.
that being say, yes health care in the US is $$$ but it worth the price. The only problem is that not everyone can afford it.
And being that medical bills don't affect credit, yes sadly, some people do rack up a shit load of bills and never pay them.

Crime and overpopulation? Stay out of Detroit my friend. America is a big ass place and lots of nice areas.
A

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
^
yeah I've had bad experiences with the Canadian health care system....couldn't even find a gp accepting new patients recently. I don't really wanna get into all of that right now as I'm in a good mood.

And I agree with you texan ...your country is nice...just gotta know where to go. Less taxes than Canada too so when you work hard you're rewarded not punished.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Medical bills do affect credit if sent to collections.

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
its free and if you work whatever job you can get cured!

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
no, free and shitty.
everyone with a decent job in Canada would gladly drive to the US to see a doctor.
that being say, yes health care in the US is $$$ but it worth the price. The only problem is that not everyone can afford it.
And being that medical bills don't affect credit, yes sadly, some people do rack up a shit load of bills and never pay them.

Crime and overpopulation? Stay out of Detroit my friend. America is a big ass place and lots of nice areas.
why you say shitty? i mean here we are not talking about some rare brain surgery that happens to 1 in a million but a normal medical care!
USA is the worst country for "normal" working people...why-cause you have to pay an insurance and if you have some type of rare disease and your injsurance doesnt have enough money for cover it-bye bye you are soon to be RIP!

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
PANAMA vs USA
"A checkup with a physician is $50. Boomers who say they would have had to pay roughly $1,200 a month in the U.S. for health care say they are paying roughly $800 a year for coverage in Panama. "

Barbara Dove, a 66-year-old who suffers from Parkinson's disease, worried that she would eventually need in-home care if her condition deteriorates. Researching rates in Seattle, she found that nurses run $25 an hour. In Panama City, where she has lived since 2007, they cost $25 a day. Says Dove: "I didn't want my kids to have to worry about me." According to a 2006 report by the Migration Policy Institute, the number of Panama visas issued to U.S. citizens began to rise dramatically after 2003, and an estimated 25,000 U.S. expatriates live there today. "With Americans aging, the economy in shambles, and, possibly, Medicare benefits on the cutting block, it is reasonable to assume that more Americans will retire abroad, particularly to warm, sunny locations such as Panama, where they can get more value for their dollar," says the Institute's president, Demetrios Papademetriou. That's not to say life there suits everyone. Things in Panama movereallyslowly. A repairman who says he will be right over might show up days later. Water and electricity service can be spotty. In Panama City, drivers treat stop signs as a mild suggestion. "It takes a little bit of balls to retire here," says Matt Landau, a New Jersey native who is the founder of Panama City-based online portal The Panama Report. "This is not for type As. It's not your turnkey Florida retirement." Still, boomers who have recently relocated to Panama say they feel as if they have figured out a successful geographic arbitrage. When Stephen Johnson and Linda Murdock were living in Aromas, Calif., they used to moan half-jokingly about how they'd have to retire to Barstow—the armpit of the Mojave Desert, with summers in excess of 100 degrees and winters that can dip below freezing. Stephen, 63, retired as an executive of the Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority in June 2008. His wife, Linda, 57, owned a dog-food business. The pair had watched several friends retire on depleted cash cushions. Many weren't fully eligible for Medicare and wound up spending 50% of their income on health care. The couple's retirement agita was worsened by the fact that they got a late start building equity. "We bought our first house when I was 40 and Steve was 46," says Linda. "We knew we would never have our house paid for by retirement." Over late-night pinot noir on their patio, they started talking about moving to a developing nation to stretch their money further. They had discovered Panama on a trip there in 2004 and saw it as a bargain-basement paradise. The low cost of living appealed to Steve, whose pension amounted to 40% of his pre-retirement income of $150,000. The surf-perfect weather lured Linda, who took up the sport on her 50th birthday. CRACKS IN PARADISEJohnson and Murdock are now known as the gringos who live in the house with the red door. They bought their newly remodeled 1890 hacienda near the beach in San Carlos for $100,000 cash. They moved in last year and rented out their California ranch house. The rent covers the carrying costs on that house. But Panama isn't only about the beach. The Boquete region in the mountains—Panama's answer to Boulder, Colo.—boasts loads of U.S.-style gated retirement compounds. The big draws of the area are tennis and golf. For those who are more interested in urban amenities, Panama City, which is by the sea, is sprouting yoga studios, bohemian boutiques, health-food stores, and artsy coffee houses. Still, there are tradeoffs in this seemingly easy life. "Paradise is just a place you visit," says Johnson. "If you live here, you begin to see the cracks." Those include the three months it took them to get their driver's licenses—a process that involved blood tests, a hearing exam, and lines that make a U.S. Motor Vehicles Dept. seem like a fast-food joint. But Johnson and Murdock have no major complaints, and Panama is certainly better than the Mojave. Murdock surfs—every single day—and says Johnson looks 20 years younger since retiring. They both love the way their dog can run on the beach without a leash and the fact that their doctors, many of them schooled in the U.S., happily give out their cell-phone numbers and actually answer when called. And their social life is far more active than it was in Aromas. They go out with new friends, a blend of expats and natives, almost daily, often for evenings of fish tacos and endless margaritas—for $20. "We have more time," says Johnson. "And apparently we have more money." To return to the Retirement table of contents.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Thailand is cheap. Something like 38 bot to a dollar. You can get a decent place for cheap from what I've seen, and it's a constitutional monarchy. Also, I beliee this is the thread I stated it in, but St Maarten is where I am gonna be buying in the next five years.

basil

• Getbig IV
The Philippines.  True story.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
with their current unemployment rate. Seriously?

There has to be some give and take. Obviously the safest won't be the cheapest and vice versa. I found Spain to be relatively cheap in terms of housing and cost of living. Very safe in the more rural areas and smaller towns.

There is no doubt cheaper and there is no doubt safer but I think it is a reasonable combination of the two - away from the big cities.
O

CREALMADRID

• Getbig III
you see how no lifers are posting here when they are fantasazing about moving somewhere where is "cheap" and without working!
live there where you are cause anyway you are not moving anywhere!
yesss buisnessman are all over get big hahahaha
it started to look like RICH PIANA MESSAGE BOARD

Griffith

• Getbig V
Thailand is cheap. Something like 38 bot to a dollar. You can get a decent place for cheap from what I've seen, and it's a constitutional monarchy. Also, I beliee this is the thread I stated it in, but St Maarten is where I am gonna be buying in the next five years.

For how much and what type of place?