Author Topic: Sequester: Apparently it's impossible to decrease spending by 2.5%  (Read 250 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
LOL! Funniest joke I've heard all day.  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Sequester: Apparently it's impossible to decrease spending by 2.5%
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
Things gonna change quick when it goes into effect, IMO.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »
If it happens and that 85 billion in "cuts" to future spending actually happens, well, all these things will happen on Monday morning:

-Planes will explode in midair.
-Terrorists will detonate countless nuclear weapons.
-The elderly will begin to drop dead in the street.
-Children will become feral and roam the street eating rats and sleeping in sewers.
-Police/Firefighters/EMT's etc. will not be able to work and will be sent home to starve to death. Even though they are paid for by State/Local taxes.
-Various communities will devolve into tribal zones, with food low they will resort to cannibalism and a crude system of barter and trade.
-Ships will spring massive leaks and sink into the ocean.
-Insane people will stalk the towns and cities armed with axes and tire irons. Watch out!
-Children in schools will starve to death in the very desks where they are supposed to be learning.
-No teachers will teaching...even though they are paid from State/Local taxes.
-Just to live until Tuesday people will have to sacrifice their first born children/pet dog or cat to ward off the coming of the Seventh Son of the Seventh Son.
-People will go to the hospital and have a bullet, no, check that....they will go the hospital and get their brains smashed in by a hammer ( bullets will be in short supply) because there will be no doctors or nurses or medicine to treat anyone.
-Criminals will simply be let out of prison to do as they wish.

Did I miss anything? Pretty much the Earth and our society as we know it will transform, overnight (actually 2 night or so because Saturday and Sunday apparently don't count) into an actual real life Iron Maiden song. And for that, I welcome the Sequester.

Anyways, get ready, according to the President all of these apocalyptic scenarios will happen on Monday.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
LOL! Funniest joke I've heard all day.  ::)

We need to move that decimal point over, should be %25 cut.