Author Topic: Question for my American getbiggers  (Read 3569 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Re: Question for my American getbiggers
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
I have predominantly German roots, but have absolutely no desire to live anywhere in Europe or ingrain myself over there.  I am an American first before any other consideration.  With the exception of the US and very, very few other places, the rest of the world is an absolute shithole.  Fun to visit, but fuck all having to live there.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
Thats the interesting thing. How many of you guys actually think that Columbus was the first to discover America? Many think the Vikings did that 400-500 years before.  I actually think an ancient culture (Egyptian, Chinese, Roman, Greek etc...) probably came across America earlier then that.
Think it's a fact that eric the read landed in North America(markland), and built a settlement on vinland(newfoundland).

He even gave a rather detailed map and directions on how to get here.

He's like 8 hours up the coast from me, one of my buddies grew up right next to where the old settlement was.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »
My moms family is all celts that came from ireland and scotland around 1800.

My dads dad, is a irish anglo mutt with some native blood.

My grand mother is old school acadian mixed with a couple branches of native.

So I'm basically the exact mix the country had when it started in 1867.
With a touch of downs thrown in.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »
Have you been watching that new show on the History channel?  :P

I wish. I'm putting an addition on my house and am living in a winter rental with no cable. I'll have to check it out in a month or so when I'm back in. What's the name of the show?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
Yeah, hence the team name Minnesota Vikings. I also read of an Irish priest who supposedly came to the Deep South, Alabama or Georgia I believe. Was around the first milineum.

you probably mean St Brendan who may have sailed to NewFoundland in a curragh ( leather skinned boad) but Christy Moore suugests he may have gone on to Honolulu

c

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »
I wish. I'm putting an addition on my house and am living in a winter rental with no cable. I'll have to check it out in a month or so when I'm back in. What's the name of the show?
America Unearthed.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
you probably mean St Brendan who may have sailed to NewFoundland in a curragh ( leather skinned boad) but Christy Moore suugests he may have gone on to Honolulu

I could've sworn it was the Deep South, because he went up the Mississippi River I think. I remember though that it may have been debunked, or not enough evidence to support it, whatever the case this little hick town still bought in.

Off topic, good on Brady taking a paycut, maybe Joe Flacco will take the hint and leave some pie for the rest of the team.