Author Topic: The most dangerous animal in the world - True or false?  (Read 10161 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: The most dangerous animal in the world - True or false?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 01:34:45 AM »

i agree with you for the most part, but which natural disaster claimed 6 mill like the holocaust or up to 20 mill like stalins gulags or another 10 or whatever like pol pot. humans are self serving murderers and swindlers and liars etc. animals hunt for food, and they cleanse the environment of the sick and weaker boosting the healthy gene pool. humans on the other hand :-X
Ok I am exagerrating, not 100 times but possibly 4-5 times

Earth quakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, tornado's, forest fires, heat waves, mudslide and floods claim millions every single year

Sri lanka tsunami killed 250 000 and so did Haiti, that is 2 events killing 500 000 people in recent times

1931 yellow river flood 2 million and that was the second one, a few decade earlier a flood killed 1 million in the same area and a third one latr also killed half a million

1970 bola cyclone killed 1 million

1976 tansgan earthquake 250 000

In China alone 15-20 million have been killed between floods and earth quakes since WW2

It is not even the big events but all the small events here and there.

Also some famines fall under the category of natural disasters  (of course most do not) so count a fraction of the 150 million that have died by famine in the last 100 years

Conclusion; The earth sucks  :D

Oh and if you include Noah's flood  ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »
Nature is definitely a DICTATOR!
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 01:50:16 AM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:45 AM »
Followed by the Hippo apparently  :o

When I was in Zimbabwe, SA, Zambia back in the mid 90's, the only animal that the local guides really took careful note of was the hippo. Especially in a flat bottom boat on the Zambezi. The buff will leave you alone if you don't eff with it, but the hippo will take a dislike to you and it's over.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 04:32:10 AM »

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 04:35:23 AM »
That picture or rather the caption is really stupid, humans are not animals we are living beings but we are not animals

huh? other animals are not living things?
I

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 04:42:56 AM »
 ;D
V

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 05:12:29 AM »
Pubic lice.......led to many domestic violence 'situations'

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 05:27:22 AM »
False, it's the shrew....  but I guess that depends on who the animal is dangerous to.

TheTruth90

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Steve Marcello Arce--poster boy for stupid
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
led to many domestic violence 'situations'

That would be Pabst Blue Ribbon

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 05:42:48 AM »
i once heard the claim that only humans engage in planned warfare between own species, but found this to be untrue.

bees do the same ;D
very true i saw this in a documentary and there was big bees and small ones.. the Big Bees attacked the small Bees and won, however the small Bees came back and were more clever and used a very clever stratagy and deafeted the Big Bees.. i think it was filmed in the far East if i remember correctly. Lets not forget some martial arts come or are influenced by animal movement and even small creatures.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 06:11:09 AM »
That picture or rather the caption is really stupid, humans are not animals we are living beings but we are not animals

How are we not animals?

eat..shit...fuck...

And animals are dead beings  ???

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »
man read the words again to get what they say..

I did. The sentences are too vague and loosely define what qualifies as a death. If we are only talking about human death, then it is a bias and unfair statement. Being that humans live on land, most spent only a small amount of time in the ocean. And humans mostly stay in shallow and shark net guarded waters.
A

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »
humans are useless without technology, without guns alone we slip down the food chain alot

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 09:57:20 AM »
When I was in Zimbabwe, SA, Zambia back in the mid 90's, the only animal that the local guides really took careful note of was the hippo. Especially in a flat bottom boat on the Zambezi. The buff will leave you alone if you don't eff with it, but the hippo will take a dislike to you and it's over.

not just the guides - we didn't even see the mom

I went on a safari in zimbabwe/zambia (the nicer one with all the waterfalls and shit - geez how come I can't remember) and they used african elephants.  the elephants were freaked out by a baby hippo we encountered.  i also went tigerwatching on an asian elephant and the asian elephant just did not give a shit about the tigers. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »
humans are useless without technology, without guns alone we slip down the food chain alot
Naw, the greatest weapons are the mind, standing upright, and opposable thumbs.  ;D
A

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 10:02:20 AM »

Shark attack kills award-winning film-maker in New Zealand

Adam Strange, 46, victim of first such incident since 1976

Maev Kennedy

The Guardian, Wednesday 27 February 2013 16.42 GMT

New Zealand police attempting to retrieve the body of Adam Strange fire at a shark off Muriwai beach near Auckland. Photograph: Ross Land/AP

Beaches in New Zealand have been closed after a swimmer was dragged out to sea and killed by a shark off one of the most popular beaches near the city of Auckland. Eyewitnesses described the sea as being covered in blood, and several sharks may have joined in the attack.

It is believed to be the first fatal shark attack in the country since 1976 and only the 14th ever recorded. A shark was implicated in the death of a man in 2009, but he is believed to have drowned before the shark attacked.

The victim was identified as an award-winning film commercials maker, Adam Strange, 46, whose family described him as a "glorious and great father, husband and friend''.

The lifeguards who tried to rescue Strange were said to have known him and regarded him as a strong and capable swimmer, and were said to be traumatised by the incident.

Strange's work has been shortlisted in the past for advertising awards at Cannes and at the London International Advertising Awards, and his first feature, Aphrodite's Farm, took a short film award at the Berlin film festival.

His website lists his passion for outdoor sports, including surfing.

Strange, who lived near the beach, was married and had a young daughter. A statement from his wife Meg and family said: "We are in deep shock and are still trying to contact overseas family members".

Gruesome eyewitness accounts by fishermen on the beach – including one who was close enough to shout to Strange to swim towards the rocks in the hope of escaping his attacker – spoke of "blood everywhere on the water". They suggest the shark was a great white, up to four metres long.

Coastguards and police, who were on the scene promptly, chased it by boat, and fired several shots, but the shark apparently escaped uninjured.

Other eyewitness accounts suggest more than one shark was involved, though only one large shark was filmed swimming in the area minutes after the attack.

There were about 200 people on the sand or in the water as Strange was swimming 200 metres off the beautiful Muriwai beach, one of the most popular in the area.

Pio Mosie, who was fishing off the beach, told New Zealand's One News: "He yelled out 'a shark!' and then we looked up, there was blood everywhere and the shark was still attacking. Then the shark stopped attacking, he put his head up, and we yelled out at him to swim over to the rock, and he raised his hand up … and next minute he went down, the shark pulled him down. He came up again with his head under the water, and then we knew he was dead. Shocking. First time I have seen such a thing in real life."

"All I was thinking was I wanted to jump in the water and help but I didn't want to get attacked by a shark too," he told another interviewer.

The police were called by one of the witnesses at 1.24pm local time, backed up by an Eagle helicopter, which hovered above the shark to mark the spot for them. They managed to retrieve the body, but Strange was already dead. Although they fired a number of shots at the shark, they were not sure whether they managed to hit it; it "rolled away" and disappeared, Inspector Shawn Rutene said.

An expert on sharks from New Zealand's Department of Conservation, Clinton Duffy, said such attacks were far rarer in New Zealand than in Australia, possibly because of the colder water. Sharks simply ignored people "99% of the time," he said.

Tim Jago, a volunteer lifeguard on the beach, said his young colleagues were traumatised by the incident. Sharks – especially one so large – were rare at Muriwai beach. "This is something completely shocking," he said.

The beach, and all the other beaches in the area, will remain closed for at least two days. "They've got every 'beach closed' sign they can get their hands on," Jago said.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
We are classified as mammals.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
i once heard the claim that only humans engage in planned warfare between own species, but found this to be untrue.

bees do the same ;D
A lot of species do this and they actually march into battle, and make battle formations, it is truly remarkable.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »
only americans.

the rest of humanity came quite a lng way before weapons

You'd be just as useless as anyone else, STFU

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 12:14:27 PM »
A lot of species do this and they actually march into battle, and make battle formations, it is truly remarkable.
Ever for the rare, Canadian, Roofer? I meant to say "Even". Still, a horrible attempt.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
Ever for the rare, Canadian, Roofer?
???

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 12:26:08 PM »
its was a joke, you may take the hand out of your anus again

I see.  :-\