Author Topic: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12  (Read 18950 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 05:24:38 AM »
If Melvin would have stayed calm and shown his ID, it probably wouldn't have gotten that far would it?

Melvin had no obligation to show ID as he was not the driver.  The video clearly shows that the officer put his hands on him.  You cannot detain any suspect without reasonable cause and having an expired brake tag isn't one of them.  Really bad police work because they accelerated an incident that was not needed.  If it was me, I would have just given them the ticket, told them to show up, and left.

Case was properly thrown out and dismissed and the officers are going to face some felony assault charges for slamming Melvin's wife to the ground for no reason.

A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 06:05:00 AM »
Even with the grainy video, you could still see his gums.

And all they did was dropped the case, happens all the time. But whoever wrote that makes it seem like it CNN worthy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »
Typical jack boot thugs.  99.9% of the cops give the other .01% a bad name.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 06:12:54 AM »
love to arrest melvin any time, slurp

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

"I know this case. This is Melvin and Annie Anthony. They have been completely cleared. The cops in this video, three judges, and the prosecutor (who tried to railroad the couple in court and failed!), are now in the summary judgement phase of a $5m title 42 action.  They are also facing felony criminal charges. They are going to prison, all of them. This case sets a history-making precedent for all of us. Learn to defend yourself in court and punish errant public servants:"

Cop "Sir, let the officer deal with the driver, you need to stop interfering. " (As the cop holds up a hand to indicate Anthony needs to back away from the car.

Anthony "I know my rights, you're just picking on us because ___________"

Cop "Sir, I need you to get up on the sidewalk so my partner can deal with the driver" as he tries to gently guide Anthony in the right direction

Anthony bows up and turns what the officers were hoping to be a routine encounter into a confrontation.

Anthony was totally responsible for the outcome

Nothing to see here folks.. move along

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
If Melvin would have stayed calm and shown his ID, it probably wouldn't have gotten that far would it?

You aren't required by law to show police your ID dumbass.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 08:25:58 AM »

Didn't look like anyone was asking for an ID.. looked like the cop was trying to get Anthony, who was the only one not calm, away from the window so the other cop could conduct his business with the driver.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 08:36:56 AM »

Not only that, but why couldn't he just get in the car and sit if it's just some bullshit issue? I bet he would have. And no way she resisted that hard to be thrown down.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
Look at all those white devils piling atop that black stallion.  C'mon now A.ryan demons, black man just be blackin there.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »
Not only that, but why couldn't he just get in the car and sit if it's just some bullshit issue? I bet he would have. And no way she resisted that hard to be thrown down.

She was struggling with the cop. Resisting. She wasn't thrown down, she was "taken" to the ground so that her resistance could be overcome without having to hurt her. Someone is resisting you, first rule is to take them to the ground if possible on their stomachs so you can eventually get their hands behind their backs. Again, in most cases, the cops don't choose how the situation is played out, they respond to the choices the citizen makes. Of course there are exceptions, this ain't one of them

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »
Once more only solidifying how useless cops have become to our society.

Besides slapping fines and pestering law abiding citizens, what other purpose do they serve?

"1"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »
Once more only solidifying how useless cops have become to our society.

Besides slapping fines and pestering law abiding citizens, what other purpose do they serve?

"1"

bang your mom?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 08:59:05 AM »
Officer, "Ma'am I need you to step out of the car"

Woman "Why?

Officer "Ma'am please step out of your vehicle"

Woman "I don't want to"

Officer "Ma'am we can do this the easy way or the hard way, up to you"

Woman "Hard way"

Officer "Sigh"

Woman on the ground "Hey! I didn't think you were serious! Anthony never follows through on what he says! This ain't fair! My parents never even made me do what they said!!"

Officer "Damn, I was 30 minutes from end of shift...this is gonna make me late for dinner. Why didn't you just get out of the car?"   

Smages

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »
The cops aren't facing any felony charges. Even if they were in the wrong, which they're not, it's not even a use of force. A felony assault is with a serious injury or weapon otherwise it's a misdemeanor. They have the right to require ID from a passenger of a traffic stop. We can't see if he was a passenger or not, however he was hindering the cops investigation which is illegal and he was detained for. I know Melvin a little and he's a nice guy, just wrong here.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »
typo of peace

i just cut and pasted....33333 style

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
that cop was talking trash to melvin for always being too watery in the hamstring area for big shows.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:33 AM »
The cops aren't facing any felony charges. Even if they were in the wrong, which they're not, it's not even a use of force. A felony assault is with a serious injury or weapon otherwise it's a misdemeanor. They have the right to require ID from a passenger of a traffic stop. We can't see if he was a passenger or not, however he was hindering the cops investigation which is illegal and he was detained for. I know Melvin a little and he's a nice guy, just wrong here.

And anyone can sue anyone for anything. In this case, just based on the video, it will be dismissed. There was no violation of anyone's civil rights. No excessive force. I don't know if it was a traffic stop. It may be an airport and it may be she was in a no parking zone. Cops usually wear glow vest when they are working an accident, or traffic. It appears, the officer was attempting to get Anthony to move away from the vehicle in the nicest way possible. When that didn't work, he tried to lead him that direction. Some people bring things on themselves.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
that cop was talking trash to melvin for always being too watery in the hamstring area for big shows.

If that's the case, I can see why Melvin blew up.. pretty touchy subject with him

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
excessive force was used here. sure he looked like he wanted to say his piece but you canīt say the police were correct. Excessive force was used and look how his wife was treated. no wonder the filth have a bad name... ???

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
In before Tu, Skip and 333..

Agnostic of course you take the sides of the cops, cops always stick up for themselves. Code of silence and all. Obviously the cops here were out of control and hate citizens and for no reason pistol whipped both of them and spit on them. Cops are worthless..  

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:05 AM »
bang your mom?

She's dead. If they're into digging up corpses and taking dirt-rich vagina canals for a spin, that's on them.

"1"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
pig shit  >:(

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »
excessive force was used here. sure he looked like he wanted to say his piece but you canīt say the police were correct. Excessive force was used and look how his wife was treated. no wonder the filth have a bad name... ???

The right amount of force was used. Empty hand techniques.. how else would you get someone like that in handcuffs? He was obviously not listening to the officer, would not back off, and was a potential danger. They used the least amount of force to get him under control. Had they shot him, I'd agree.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:10 AM »
And anyone can sue anyone for anything. In this case, just based on the video, it will be dismissed. There was no violation of anyone's civil rights. No excessive force. I don't know if it was a traffic stop. It may be an airport and it may be she was in a no parking zone. Cops usually wear glow vest when they are working an accident, or traffic. It appears, the officer was attempting to get Anthony to move away from the vehicle in the nicest way possible. When that didn't work, he tried to lead him that direction. Some people bring things on themselves.  

Did you forget to log off and sign into your other gimmick account? It seems as if you are disagreeing with yourself here.

In before Tu, Skip and 333..

Agnostic of course you take the sides of the cops, cops always stick up for themselves. Code of silence and all. Obviously the cops here were out of control and hate citizens and for no reason pistol whipped both of them and spit on them. Cops are worthless..  

???

"1"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:46 AM »
Title of video should be "Example of how people can turn what should be a short friendly contact with the police into an arrest" or... Cops act prudently against roid raged bobybuilder"