Author Topic: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12  (Read 18945 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Cops attack Melvin Anthony and his wife - video from 06-15-12
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
Did you forget to log off and sign into your other gimmick account? It seems as if you are disagreeing with yourself here.

???

"1"

No, that is me.. saying what I know Skip, Tu and 333 will say... hence the "In before...." preface..

Never had a gimmick, people with gimmicks are psycho losers

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:30 AM »
not true. i have been in situations of confrontations in N Ireland and other hot spots and i know what i am saying. I also have ex Army Friends who are Police in Glasgow Scotland. This was excessive force.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »
No, that is me.. saying what I know Skip, Tu and 333 will say... hence the "In before...." preface..

Never had a gimmick, people with gimmicks are psycho losers

Fair enough..

The semantics of your post threw me off.

"1"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 09:29:10 AM »
not true. i have been in situations of confrontations in N Ireland and other hot spots and i know what i am saying. I also have ex Army Friends who are Police in Glasgow Scotland. This was excessive force.

Well Donny, I appreciate your vast experience in this area. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Having reviewed many use of force situations as part of my job, I feel I am pretty qualified to offer an opinion on this. While others may certainly disagree, and feel any force an officer ever uses on a citizen is considered excessive, in the professional and court arena, what appears in this video shows officers use of force objectively reasonable.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
Fair enough..

The semantics of your post threw me off.

"1"

Understandable. That would have been an awesome gotcha moment  ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Well Donny, I appreciate your vast experience in this area. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Having reviewed many use of force situations as part of my job, I feel I am pretty qualified to offer an opinion on this. While others may certainly agree, and feel any force an officer ever uses on a citizen is considered excessive, in the professional and court arena, what appears in this video shows officers use of force objectively reasonable.  

you are trolling

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »
you are trolling

Do you define trolling with the same accuracy as you might define excessive force?

Can you define what you mean by trolling?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:27 AM »
Do you define trolling with the same accuracy as you might define excessive force?

Did i describe excessive force in this thread... did i make any opinionated comments about melvin or the police on this thread?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
Did i describe excessive force in this thread... did i make any opinionated comments about melvin or the police on this thread?

Nope, you said I was trolling... apparently you and I have a different idea of what trolling might be.. would like to hear what your definition is.. maybe I am and don't realize it

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 09:40:04 AM »
do we have an answer on which prostitute was involved?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »
Nope, you said I was trolling... apparently you and I have a different idea of what trolling might be.. would like to hear what your definition is.. maybe I am and don't realize it
if you are like you are here in getbig then i think you are a guy who likes to use his badge. reading your posts NOW on this thread you are very "i am correct"..  :(

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
if you are like you are here in getbig then i think you are a guy who likes to use his badge. reading your posts NOW on this thread you are very "i am correct"..  :(

You'd be wrong Donny. I am about as customer service and friendly as they come. I have always felt that a successful interaction is one where I gain compliance through communication. Having said that, there were a number of times over the years where there was just not going to be any other way. But I didn't make that choice. I've always had it in the back of my mind that in ANY situation where I have to put hands on someone I could easily end up dead from a freak accident, slip, hit my head, fall wrong, any number of things so I will always look for the easier way.

As far as the "I am correct" impression I give you on this post, I believe I said many will disagree with my opinion. But actually having been involved in reviewing videos for use of force issues that often involve the court system, I can't help but feel I'm very qualified to offer an opinion based on over 20 yrs in law enforcement and experience in reviewing several dozen if not hundreds of video in the last 10 yrs since video became an option with our department. I'm not sure you can draw a conclusion of "like to use my badge" from speaking with some knowledge about the subject at hand.           

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »

and on that issue, mostly, I am like I am here on Getbig. In real life I like a good debate, sometimes it doesn't matter on which side of an issue. I like to look at both sides of an argument. I am rarely disrespectful to opposing views and have a pretty decent sense of humor about things. On here, there are occasions, with certain posters, I might amp it up a bit in the spirit of the discussion. I've never really agreed with some posters persona's where they are outrageous pricks on here as some kind of badge of honor and in real life would not meet your eyes if you ran across them.   

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »

I disagree.  I think he's simply trying to explain his perspective. 
A

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »
i have offered to many cops "gun away, uniform off, bare knuckles, 2 minutes time".

i wouldnt care if im beat up, itd be a trap to earn reparation moneys :D
most are just wankers Bro. when i watch videos from the US i shake my head in disgust. Most cops are a joke and are just a badge.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:08 PM »
most are just wankers Bro. when i watch videos from the US i shake my head in disgust. Most cops are a joke and are just a badge.

What you watch Donny is likely .001% of the police contacts. If you want to form an opinion based on that then that is your right. For every video you shake your head in disgust over, there are 1000's that show cops are hard working people trying to do the right thing in some not so wonderful situations. Those videos are boring and don't get much youtube play

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »
Rodney King of peace.
P

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
What you watch Donny is likely .001% of the police contacts. If you want to form an opinion based on that then that is your right. For every video you shake your head in disgust over, there are 1000's that show cops are hard working people trying to do the right thing in some not so wonderful situations. Those videos are boring and don't get much youtube play
i am not against the Police. Like i wrote i know ex Army freinds who are now in the Police or Prison service in the UK. To the good guys i mean no disrespect but a lot of cops in the US abuse their powers.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
Crazy how it took 6 pigs to hold Melvin down on the trunk, and then once he was taken away

the pigs act tough and throw his wife on the floor

and thats why they are pigs

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 12:30:48 PM »
i am not against the Police. Like i wrote i know ex Army freinds who are now in the Police or Prison service in the UK. To the good guys i mean no disrespect but a lot of cops in the US abuse their powers.

well, I'll meet you in the middle. No doubt there are some criminal cops, lazy cops, incompetent cops, bully cops. Where we probably disagree is on the numbers of these verses the intelligent, competent, hard working, caring, professional cops out there. I think even one of the bad kind is one too many but unfortunately we have to hire from the human race and some of these slip in.  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 12:32:39 PM »
A well known illegal drug abuser and male giggolo trying to sue the Hierarchy will end up as a grave mistake. Even when the suit gets dismissed, the Hierarchy never forget. If i'm Melvin Anthony, I'd start the proceedings of changing my name and reducing my gums now.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
Crazy how it took 6 pigs to hold Melvin down on the trunk, and then once he was taken away

the pigs act tough and throw his wife on the floor

and thats why they are pigs

Here's the thing I learned long ago. The more cops, the less force. It's a general rule. For example, I'm 6' 210-215 lbs with marginal fighting skills. For me to put handcuffs on a big dude who doesn't want to be handcuffed alone requires me to be a lot more likely to injure that dude or me while getting them on. I certainly have to up the force level. If I have 4 other cops helping me we can usually do it without too much force. Usually arm locks, pressure points, things like that will be enough. Alone, it could get ugly.  So it was for both the officers AND the dude's benefit there were several cops.

Remember, in MOST cases, (Rodney King being a huge example of how to NOT take someone into custody) the more cops, the better off for everyone.

As far as throwing the wife to the floor, again, standard take down for control, wife brought it upon herself.    

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »
well, I'll meet you in the middle. No doubt there are some criminal cops, lazy cops, incompetent cops, bully cops. Where we probably disagree is on the numbers of these verses the intelligent, competent, hard working, caring, professional cops out there. I think even one of the bad kind is one too many but unfortunately we have to hire from the human race on some of these slip in.  
Well I certainly do not have a problem with cops but you have to face the reality and that is since everyone video records everything cop's bad reps have increased ten fold and that is undeniable cause the videos show a lot more bullying behavior then ever before and here is the crazy part, as frequent as you see this ''cowboy' type ''abuse of power'' behaviour just imagine how it was before videos were every where.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
Well I certainly do not have a problem with cops but you have to face the reality and that is since everyone video records everything cop's bad reps have increased ten fold and that is undeniable cause the videos show a lot more bullying behavior then ever before and here is the crazy part, as frequent as you see this ''cowboy' type ''abuse of power'' behaviour just imagine how it was before videos were every where.

Yes, agree that bad cops have always existed. I've even noticed locally that policing has changed for the better in just the last 20 yrs. Here at my department every single encounter with a citizen is recorded. recently we had a couple cops fired. One for trying to cover up the incident, the other for the incident. As a female officer was helping restrain another female to a EMS gurney for transport, the irate subject spit in the officers face. The officer lost her head and slapped the other female. If I recall, and it's been awhile since I saw the video, other officers had to pull the female officer back. This went viral and certainly didn't look good. But there were 100's of police calls that day that went well and officers were professional as they should be. None go viral. So I think it tends to paint a distorted picture because I see call after call after call of officers being professional, taking a lot of crap from people and remaining cool. Reviewing tons of videos and so for someone who just sees the occasional video where the cops screw up and never sees the good ones, it can create an inaccurate picture. If I didn't hang around with minorities on a regular basis, and just watched youtube videos of blacks on Getbig, I would imagine I would have a perception that all black people fight in McDonalds. But I know that is not an accurate picture.