Author Topic: Policeman gets owned by law student, know your rights!  (Read 12660 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Policeman gets owned by law student, know your rights!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
If no laws were broken and it is a state that does not require you to conceal your weapon (i.e. open carry state), they do not have a legal right to stop him.

If he breaks the law or does in fact injure or even verbally assault someone whereby his apparent weapon can be ultimately used, then yes, there would be suspicion involved and that would be enough. Simply stopping a person, in an open carry state, who has not broken the law by way of their gun is completely illegal.

The recent events that have occurred have, if anything, moved law makers to push for the banning of certain types of assault weapons, while also reducing the number of bullets that can be contained in a cartridge.

People can huff and puff all they want, but by allowing police officers to break the law in order to unearth a possible suspect, you are allowing for the law enforcement agents to essentially pull fruit from the forbidden tree.

While the police can often times have a difficult job, they must be weary to not allow their position of authority to drive them to break the law by default. They (police officers) provide a service to the public, are paid by the public (via taxes) and, at the very least, must be cautious in their approach to arrests.

I am not a lawyer, simply a law abiding Jewish man that has read a few law books in order to have a solid legal foundation of knowledge to defend myself if and when I find myself in front of a confused officer. Luckily, that has yet to happen, but if it were to, I would not make the officer's job difficult. I would simply abide by the laws and vocalize what I feel might be against the law.

"1"
So very eloquently and nicely said, One. Just less than an hour ago I saw an obviously mentally disturbed guy shouting at a car. 20 minutes later, some super cop was roughly putting him in handcuffs. I politely said that he had mental issues and she told me where to go. Walking 50' farther I saw a cruiser blowing through the lights on the way to the same incident. I shouted 'ease up' and he looked at me like a civilian. Sad situation , all 'round.  :-\ 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »
So very eloquently and nicely said, One. Just less than an hour ago I saw an obviously mentally disturbed guy shouting at a car. 20 minutes later, some super cop was roughly putting him in handcuffs. I politely said that he had mental issues and she told me where to go. Walking 50' farther I saw a cruiser blowing through the lights on the way to the same incident. I shouted 'ease up' and he looked at me like a civilian. Sad situation , all 'round.  :-\ 

Two things...

First, consider moving away from that area, if you so happen to live there.

Second, on the way to a "bust" cops will often violate the traffic laws (which is actually understandable), but in the process have hurt civilians due to their recklessness.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »
  He owned those constant law breakers. NO one should be ABOVE the law.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
  He owned those constant law breakers. NO one should be ABOVE the law.

x2

"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »
Two things...

First, consider moving away from that area, if you so happen to live there.

Second, on the way to a "bust" cops will often violate the traffic laws (which is actually understandable), but in the process have hurt civilians due to their recklessness.

"1"
Not likely.

So true. Very Sad.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 12:55:05 PM »
If no laws were broken and it is a state that does not require you to conceal your weapon (i.e. open carry state), they do not have a legal right to stop him.

If he breaks the law or does in fact injure or even verbally assault someone whereby his apparent weapon can be ultimately used, then yes, there would be suspicion involved and that would be enough. Simply stopping a person, in an open carry state, who has not broken the law by way of their gun is completely illegal.

The recent events that have occurred have, if anything, moved law makers to push for the banning of certain types of assault weapons, while also reducing the number of bullets that can be contained in a cartridge.

People can huff and puff all they want, but by allowing police officers to break the law in order to unearth a possible suspect, you are allowing for the law enforcement agents to essentially pull fruit from the forbidden tree.

While the police can often times have a difficult job, they must be weary to not allow their position of authority to drive them to break the law by default. They (police officers) provide a service to the public, are paid by the public (via taxes) and, at the very least, must be cautious in their approach to arrests.

I am not a lawyer, simply a law abiding Jewish man that has read a few law books in order to have a solid legal foundation of knowledge to defend myself with, if and when I find myself in front of a confused officer. Luckily, that has yet to happen, but if it were to, I would not make the officer's job difficult. I would simply abide by the laws and vocalize what I think (or know) is against the law.

"1"

as usual you are eloquent and difficult to argue with

let me just say its one of these jobs that when you do it your perception completely changes

i will bow out at this point because anti police threads just wind me up  :)
T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
as usual you are eloquent and difficult to argue with

let me just say its one of these jobs that when you do it your perception completely changes

i will bow out at this point because anti police threads just wind me up  :)

Believe me, as someone who has many friends that are presently NYPD officers and also as former military, I completely understand the thankless job that law enforcement officers have to do on a daily basis.

I also believe that there is good purpose in having police officers. What I disagree with are officers that allow their position of power to drive them to, in turn, break the laws that they have sworn to uphold.

While I haven't had any issues with police officers, seeing videos like this remind me of the fact that there are instances whereby officers make mistakes (the situation in this video being one of them). Luckily, for all parties involved in this particular event, things were handled in a civilized fashion and allowed for a speedy resolve.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
  omr is very eloquent

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
Believe me, as someone who has many friends that are presently NYPD officers and also as former military, I completely understand the thankless job that law enforcement officers have to do on a daily basis.

I also believe that there is good purpose in having police officers. What I disagree with are officers that allow their position of power to drive them to, in turn, break the laws that they have sworn to uphold.

While I haven't had any issues with police officers, seeing videos like this remind me of the fact that there are instances whereby officers make mistakes (the situation in this video being one of them). Luckily, for all parties involved in this particular event, things were handled in a civilized fashion and allowed for a speedy resolve.

"1"

Can't argue with that

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »
i dont like open carry states.   invites too many people like this to stir up fear in crowds and risk of confrontation.

If I see some punkass wearing a glock and TRYING to get attention, I'm having my hand on my glock just watching his ass.  We suddenly have a situation where 2 dudes might draw on each other for no reason than the other looks like a threat.  

This kid seems like the same type who WOULD open fire quickly "because I felt threatened, officer, and according to statute 123.456, I'm allowed to empty my gun until I no longer feel threatened, and you cannot prove I didn't FEEL threatened..."

Idiots like this hurt gun rights for the rest of us who carry quietly and don't feel the need to brag about it.  I bet he has a 3.5 inch penis.  insecurity shows.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
I've carried a weapon for 15 years with a permit... and I'd vote against OPEN CARRY in a minute.  

just too many 'by the book' insecure people like this... eager to stir up shit and either get jailed or into a confrontation, playing lawyerball instead of just using common sense.

go to work man... stop walking with a gun trying to scare people... you're no better than any criminal, your goal is to waste police resources and scare people.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:18 PM »
i dont like open carry states.   invites too many people like this to stir up fear in crowds and risk of confrontation.

If I see some punkass wearing a glock and TRYING to get attention, I'm having my hand on my glock just watching his ass.  We suddenly have a situation where 2 dudes might draw on each other for no reason than the other looks like a threat.  

This kid seems like the same type who WOULD open fire quickly "because I felt threatened, officer, and according to statute 123.456, I'm allowed to empty my gun until I no longer feel threatened, and you cannot prove I didn't FEEL threatened..."

Idiots like this hurt gun rights for the rest of us who carry quietly and don't feel the need to brag about it.  I bet he has a 3.5 inch penis.  insecurity shows.
\

Tragic shooting here this morning that just didn't have to happen. Man shoots a pit bull in his yard, calls the cops. Officer arrives and sees the dead dog. Dispatcher told the caller police are on the way, leave the gun inside when you go out to meet them. Man says "no, I'll keep it with me" As the officer gets there the man steps out of his house with the gun in his waistband or some sort of holster in plain view. As the officer tells him he is going to secure the weapon until the call is over and reaches for the weapon the man pulls away and the man pulls the handgun and points it at the officers face as he says something about the officer not touching the gun. Officer ends up shooting the man and killing him. Tragic ending that never had to happen.

The above is a general rundown of what happened. There were independant witnesses to the event and it is under investigation but at this point, that is the info 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
\

Tragic shooting here this morning that just didn't have to happen. Man shoots a pit bull in his yard, calls the cops. Officer arrives and sees the dead dog. Dispatcher told the caller police are on the way, leave the gun inside when you go out to meet them. Man says "no, I'll keep it with me" As the officer gets there the man steps out of his house with the gun in his waistband or some sort of holster in plain view. As the officer tells him he is going to secure the weapon until the call is over and reaches for the weapon the man pulls away and the man pulls the handgun and points it at the officers face as he says something about the officer not touching the gun. Officer ends up shooting the man and killing him. Tragic ending that never had to happen.

The above is a general rundown of what happened. There were independant witnesses to the event and it is under investigation but at this point, that is the info 

There are a lot of shootings where people either don't konw the law - and end up getting blasted cause "nobody taking my damn gun"... or situations where some asshat will pretend he knows the law and will use it to chase down teenagers and create fights/shootings, or idiots carry AR-15 rifles to public events just to scare and upset people.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »
I've carried a weapon for 15 years with a permit... and I'd vote against OPEN CARRY in a minute.  

just too many 'by the book' insecure people like this... eager to stir up shit and either get jailed or into a confrontation, playing lawyerball instead of just using common sense.

go to work man... stop walking with a gun trying to scare people... you're no better than any criminal, your goal is to waste police resources and scare people.

agreed

the law is there to protect us

lawyers have made the law an ass with all these expensive stated cases that people quote and use as a litigation tool
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
Dude is a massive wanker, now that's the type of dude they should be tasing, just to teach the dumb fuck a lesson!

So protecting your rights makes you a 'wanker' and a 'dumb fuck'?  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »
Gun carry and on vid. Guy went out looking for a confrontation.
Its legal though so there shouldn`t be any confrontation. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:41 PM »
A lot of these people in video's like this actually work for LE internal affairs. They send these people out to see how officers react and then use the video as a training source. Ones that aren't LE are seen as trouble makers and cops don't forget them. Crazy way to live life looking over your shoulder and wondering if the Hierarchy put a little rat poison in your shirley temple for being a trouble maker.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
these peopel study law to be smartasses, not to enforce the law, they often have no religious education, background, basically they just want to work in law and order to fuck people up, not to enforce justice in the first place. Atheists with diplomas often make bad use of them.

Anyone aplying to carry a weapon know you are not suposed to show it off in public, in front of strangers, kids, etc, it is forbidden here in canada, you are the one who s screwing if you re proven to have shown your weapons to people to scare them. You are suposed to keep it hidden, it's in the fucking manuals you re suposed to read before aplying, it is punished by law to just show off. Only in very remote areas of the country are people allowed to carry weapons (rifles) openly or in their cars because they might need them to defend against wild animals that might might attack them out of the blue. But even then, they have to have their car's doors locked etc, if they carry them they re suposed to be unloaded -very rarely are they authorized to have them loaded- or they are the ones comiting a mistake.

What kind of sad clown this dude is.
I`m glad you live in Canada, because in America we can carry our guns openly in most states.  It strikes fear in the hearts of weak minded losers such as yourself.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
He sounds like a douchebag, but blame the state. youre right he didn't do anything illegal.
I love guns rights, but I think in this day and age, Open carry should be illegal.
Whats the logic behind that?  Most crimes are committed when someone conceals their weapon until they are ready to use it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 02:47:05 PM »

I am not a lawyer, simply a law abiding Jewish man that has read a few law books in order to have a solid legal foundation of knowledge to defend myself with, if and when I find myself in front of a confused officer. Luckily, that has yet to happen, but if it were to, I would not make the officer's job difficult. I would simply abide by the laws and vocalize what I think (or know) is against the law.

"1"
This post should be a sticky.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 02:48:14 PM »
A

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
\

Two things you can never TRUST - a Pitbull and a Police officer, this poor guy encountered both in a short period of time.  The Pitbull didn't get him, but the Police officer did.  Both Pitbull Attacks and Police shooting civilians doesn't garner much attention, it will quickly be swept under the carpet and the victim blamed.  This is par for the course when it comes to Pitbull attacks and police shooting citizens.
V

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 06:07:05 PM »
Two things you can never TRUST - a Pitbull and a Police officer, this poor guy encountered both in a short period of time.  The Pitbull didn't get him, but the Police officer did.  Both Pitbull Attacks and Police shooting civilians doesn't garner much attention, it will quickly swept under the carpet and the victim blamed.  This is par for the course when it comes to Pitbull attacks and police shooting citizens.

Kind of a mixed emotion thing for you. You hate pitbulls and you hate the police. you went 50/50 today

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »

Exactly, got one in the house and car just stay silent protection is in order, no trying to scare people and shit.