Author Topic: Greatest Athlete of ALL-TIME being done by ESPN  (Read 10794 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Greatest Athlete of ALL-TIME being done by ESPN
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »
Very true...!!

Especially the F1 drivers....they have to be in top shape..they endure a whole bunch of gss
It is insane, these guys average 130-140 heart rate the entire race, not to mention it is like a sauna in there. Then they take corners and accelerate at 5 gs to 6 gs contracting every muscle in their body, meanwhile the average person would pass out with that amount of force. Some of these guys are crippled after the races and need a few days for their body to recuperate, they are as athletic as they get.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
It is insane, these guys average 130-140 heart rate the entire race, not to mention it is like a sauna in there. Then they take corners and accelerate at 5 gs to 6 gs contracting every muscle in their body, meanwhile the average person would pass out with that amount of force. Some of these guys are crippled after the races and need a few days for their body to recuperate, they are as athletic as they get.

5 to 6 gs? i doubt it. Parkhurst, please google and confirm.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »
holy shit it's true (good google fu OTH). and i thought my car's 1g turns were good.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »
Rally drivers are in top shape too, they have to race all day long in a variety of surfaces like snow or in sizzling heat like the Acropolis Rally or (in older days) the Safari Rally.
The Dakar racers go through a lot too, especially the motorcycle riders.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
Aryton Senna

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
 suprise suprise The best athletes in the world are in the nfl and are all black :o.....

take the two above out...baseball is a nice mix.

Id probably go with jose conseco in his prime....pretty much a bigger faster stronger version of arod. ...6'4 240 pounds and the dude was running a consistent 6.4 in the 60 yard dash consistantly...for a guy 6'4 thats fucking unheard of.

all time?  Im pretty close with a VERY well former outfielder of the dodgers you older guys  have probably heard of him dude was real big in the 80's........me and a few buddies were  all eating at some italian restuarant and i asked him who the fastest player he's ever seen was.? He said mantle was timed in a drag bunt at  2.9 seconds when he was a kid first came up........story where he hit a homerun 450 feet with one arm was legit too.....also said that everyone was  convinced he was an alien or something cause he was the strongest fastest guy in the game......at 19 years old
l

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »

Id probably go with jose conseco in his prime....pretty much a bigger faster stronger version of arod. ...6'4 240 pounds and the dude was running a consistent 6.4 in the 60 yard dash consistantly...for a guy 6'4 thats fucking unheard of.

You're kidding, a baseball player?  Was he chasing tobacco, chewing gum or a ballpark frank?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:25 PM »
You're kidding, a baseball player?  Was he chasing tobacco, chewing gum or a ballpark frank?

oh look its gthang.... god forbid your racist ass isnt talking about basketball football or track.

do you really think if Alex Rodriguez wanted to he couldn't have made a decent quarter back in the nfl ;D? Most baseball players are horrible athletes but the point is that in every sport there are exceptions and  there are freaks that slip up on the scene.  

carl crawford heard of him?  ...ran the 60 in 5.9 seconds... thats like world class speed. the game has changed bro
l

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:06 PM »
Where are the decathletes on the list?

Edwin Moses?

The list is shit. Bo Jackson is 50% hype and Nike advertising. He was a poor mans version of Herschel Walker.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 05:59:50 PM »
BO JACKSON JUST BEAT OUT Muhammad ALI!

And is Currently Smashing Jordan as well

http://sports.espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/index?page=greatestofalltime

Bo for the win! Lebron should also be mentioned!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
Where are the decathletes on the list?

Edwin Moses?

The list is shit. Bo Jackson is 50% hype and Nike advertising. He was a poor mans version of Herschel Walker.

Herschel Walker didn't hit 500 ft home runs and run up outfield walls like fkng spiderman

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
Am i the only one who is wondering how the fuck Jackie Robinson is on the list?? He was a good baseball player, but if he was white  with the same stats most people wouldn't know his name.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 06:41:01 PM »
(

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »
The best athletes are gymnasts and the most underrated.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
Herschel Walker didn't hit 500 ft home runs and run up outfield walls like fkng spiderman

Bo Jackson played MLB for 8 seasons....he hit 141 home runs and batted .250. He was not a perennial All Star. In clutch games he was never more than a big K.

Herschel Walker was arguably the greatest college football player ever - he was virtually unstoppable at UGA. If you add his USFL stats (even discounted) to his NFL totals, he is a HOF. He was a track star, Olympic bob sledder, and is now an accomplished martial artist. Shit, he rushed for 2,400 yards in a season once.

Jackson is remembered for being better than he was because fans never had to witness his decline. It's a nice story and the "Bo knows" commercials were funny, but he wasn't the demi-god that people are making him out to be.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »
Im from Australia, no clue on Bo Jackson, but everyone is rooting for him so he probably deserves it.

Tri-athletes are the best, but if were looking for a "name" i say Lebron. his incredibly athletic, built and runs fast.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Bo Jackson played MLB for 8 seasons....he hit 141 home runs and batted .250. He was not a perennial All Star. In clutch games he was never more than a big K.

Herschel Walker was arguably the greatest college football player ever - he was virtually unstoppable at UGA. If you add his USFL stats (even discounted) to his NFL totals, he is a HOF. He was a track star, Olympic bob sledder, and is now an accomplished martial artist. Shit, he rushed for 2,400 yards in a season once.

Jackson is remembered for being better than he was because fans never had to witness his decline. It's a nice story and the "Bo knows" commercials were funny, but he wasn't the demi-god that people are making him out to be.

your right his stats were not great but the stats arent what made him the man in the first place it's the way he did things.
o..
l

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »
your right his stats were not great but the stats arent what made him the man in the first place it's the way he did things.
o..

What way?

Did he hit 600 home runs? Did he hit 600 foot home runs? Did he lead the NFL in rushing? Did he win any championships?

He got maximum exposure out of two NFL runs on national TV. Jim Brown and Earl Campbell ran over more people than Bo Jackson ever imagined.

He was a tremendous athlete, but certainly not the greatest athlete of all time.

People forget that the U.S. government jailed Muhammad Ali during the prime of his career. So I'd have him, Jordan and Carl Lewis over Bo Jackson.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 09:38:40 PM »
kate upton. hands down.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »
What way?

Did he hit 600 home runs? Did he hit 600 foot home runs? Did he lead the NFL in rushing? Did he win any championships?

He got maximum exposure out of two NFL runs on national TV. Jim Brown and Earl Campbell ran over more people than Bo Jackson ever imagined.

He was a tremendous athlete, but certainly not the greatest athlete of all time.

People forget that the U.S. government jailed Muhammad Ali during the prime of his career. So I'd have him, Jordan and Carl Lewis over Bo Jackson.

he hit the longest home run in Royals stadium history. he also hit a shot while trying to call time-out. he had ridiculous power.

Let's not forget throwing speedster Harold Reynolds out at home plate from the warning track, or running up the wall.

his average went up every year he played, along with his homer total...until he got hurt.

he hit .272 with 28 homers in 110 games in his last Healthy baseball season, and made the all star game. Where he hit a moon shot, stole a base and made a sick catch in the outfield...and was named MVP

Ran the fastest 40 time ever recorded at the NFL combine

averaged 5.4 yards a carry for his NFL career, which is Hall of fame caliber

The thing with Bo is he did Amazing things, that made you say "Holy Shit!" because they were pure athletic ability, hence the title "best athlete ever" .

And he didn't have the benefit of a full offseason from either sport, he went straight from baseball into football, which makes what he did even more remarkable.

Bo jackson could have been a HOF baseball player, or a HOF football player.  he did both at a very high level and was only getting better when he got that injury.

and that's not wishful thinking, it's what happened.

Give me Herschel Walker's Ten Most amazing sports moments

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2013, 01:27:26 AM »
i have no idea how bo jackson could snap a bat over his helmet with no momentum at all... pure WTF first time i saw that

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
The best athletes are gymnasts and the most underrated.

somewhat agree... incredible strength, flexibility, coordination.

there's two ways to rank this, either by athletic traits or by sports performance.  if ranking by athletic traits, the best athlete should score highly in all athletic attributes... like strength, size, flexibility, speed, dexterity, intelligence, endurance

if ranking purely by sports performance, obviously someone like michael jordan, wayne gretsky, tiger woods, michael schumacher, ray robinson, etc. would win.

personally, i would choose the first method, and would never rank any of those people "best ever".  but the athletic traits method is tough too, because not all of the traits develop independently.  you end up having to choose between, say, big, strong athletes and small, agile ones.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2013, 06:07:43 AM »
i have no idea how bo jackson could snap a bat over his helmet with no momentum at all... pure WTF first time i saw that

good to see others get it.

groink dnt waste your time most getbiggers never played organized sports in their life and will never fathom someone running straight up an outfield wall wearing metal spikes.
l