Author Topic: American Student Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge  (Read 3303 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/american-student-punished-for-refusing-to-recite-mexican-pledge.html

American Student Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge

By Todd Starnes

A Texas high school student has filed a federal lawsuit against her school and her teachers after she was punished for refusing to salute and recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/american-student-punished-for-refusing-to-recite-mexican-pledge.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
In obama's america this student needs to be deported to cuba for re-education 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Dude... what the fuck.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
libtard political correctness run amok

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
libtard political correctness run amok

That's not political correctness, that's just messed up!
Sounds to me like a teacher on a power trip.
I'm glad she filed a lawsuit. That's just crazy.

Dude... what the fuck.

I'm with you there.
w

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
I don't see the problem here.  There are more Mexicans than Americans in many parts of the southwest US as a whole, so it is suitable for schools and other public institutions to observe and salute the Mexican flag. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I don't see the problem here.  There are more Mexicans than Americans in many parts of the southwest US as a whole, so it is suitable for schools and other public institutions to observe and salute the Mexican flag. 
They left Mexico to come here. They ceased being Mexicans and became Americans. Seriously, what fucking world is it you live in that it's ok to try and force kids to recite a pledge to a flag and country that they were neither born in nor have lived in?

Would you go to Russian and want them to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and salute the American flag because they may have a large population of Americans? Of course not, it's fucking asinine.

You're kind of thinking is borderline treasonous.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hahahahahhahahah this is from fox news you should have taken it with a large grain of salt       it was an assignment for her spanish class,the dumb fuck probably didn't know it and this was her way to get out of it  :D :D :D :D :D :D

The recitation of the Mexican pledge and the singing of the Mexican national anthem was part of a 2011 Spanish class assignment at Achieve Early College High School.  The teacher, Reyna Santos, required all her students to participate in the lesson.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
hahahahahhahahah this is from fox news you should have taken it with a large grain of salt       it was an assignment for her spanish class,the dumb fuck probably didn't know it and this was her way to get out of it  :D :D :D :D :D :D

The recitation of the Mexican pledge and the singing of the Mexican national anthem was part of a 2011 Spanish class assignment at Achieve Early College High School.  The teacher, Reyna Santos, required all her students to participate in the lesson.
Oh, well in that context the kid is a fucking idiot. You're in spanish class, stfu and do your assignment.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Oh, well in that context the kid is a fucking idiot. You're in spanish class, stfu and do your assignment.

Yeah, as part of a Spanish class, I'm thinking this is probably ok as well.

They usually try to immerse you in the culture.  I remember we all had Spanish names that we had to go by when we were in class, lol.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

So if she was learning about Islam would it be OK to get up and preach jihad? Same thing.

I don't see what reciting the Mexican anthem has to do with learning Spanish. I took 5 years of French and never once was I asked to stand up and recite the French anthem.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
So if she was learning about Islam would it be OK to get up and preach jihad? Same thing.

I don't see what reciting the Mexican anthem has to do with learning Spanish. I took 5 years of French and never once was I asked to stand up and recite the French anthem.

That's actually a really good point.

I'll need to think over my position because perhaps some things may be a step too far.

I'm inclined to give them a good deal of leeway just to help immerse the student in the culture but there should be boundaries.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
"Ironically, the school district has a policy that prohibits a school from compelling students to recite the American Pledge of Allegiance."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
hahahahahhahahah this is from fox news you should have taken it with a large grain of salt       it was an assignment for her spanish class,the dumb fuck probably didn't know it and this was her way to get out of it  :D :D :D :D :D :D

The recitation of the Mexican pledge and the singing of the Mexican national anthem was part of a 2011 Spanish class assignment at Achieve Early College High School.  The teacher, Reyna Santos, required all her students to participate in the lesson.
I took 3 years of spanish in high school and never was the history of mexico a subject we studied.

Spanish is a language spoken by many different countries including mexico. Why would a spanish class require you to recite the pledge of allegiance of Mexico?

The only thing we studied in my spanish classes was the spanish language.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

Do you understand what a Pledge of Allegiance is?   ???

Read it slowly... Pledge of Allegiance

Americans being forced to Pledge their Allegiance to another country?  That's insane

Skip8282

• Getbig V
I took 3 years of spanish in high school and never was the history of mexico a subject we studied.

Spanish is a language spoken by many different countries including mexico. Why would a spanish class require you to recite the pledge of allegiance of Mexico?

The only thing we studied in my spanish classes was the spanish language.

Not us.  There was a whole cultural aspect as well.

And I still can't speak it anyway.  :D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You are the reason why guns should never be banned.

24KT

• Getbig V
I don't see the problem here.  There are more Mexicans than Americans in many parts of the southwest US as a whole, so it is suitable for schools and other public institutions to observe and salute the Mexican flag.  

Malarkey! If you want to be saluting the Mexican flag, ...go to mexico.

Furthermore, children should not be bullied into pledging allegiance to anything or anyone. Thats idolatry!
Involuntary pledges are useless & meaningless anyway.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
When I was a kid, they made us learn Oh Canada (Canada's national anthem) in French.
A few years later, they took a few verses of the English version and a few verses of the French version,
...and voila, ...a new Canadian national anthem. But then again, we are an officially bi-lingual country.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Not us.  There was a whole cultural aspect as well.

And I still can't speak it anyway.  :D
there was a cultural aspect of mexico in your spanish class?

they do know that spanish didnt originate with mexico right?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 : :D :D :D :D :D only the fox news retards and the idiot crew from getbig would make anything of this,oh wait, they're the same crew. the stupid party  :D

Skip8282

• Getbig V
there was a cultural aspect of mexico in your spanish class?

they do know that spanish didnt originate with mexico right?

Not Mexico specific, just Spanish speaking countries.  Like I would have to give a presentation on Brazil, someone else maybe Mexico, another Spain or whatever.

Several field trips.

Keep in mind that I took Spanish while living on a military base in Spain.

But you and BF have me thinking that some assignments, might go to far.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
: :D :D :D :D :D only the fox news retards and the idiot crew from getbig would make anything of this,oh wait, they're the same crew. the stupid party  :D
LOL you mean punishing a student for not saying the pledge of allegience to Mexico in a SPANISH class that has nothing to do with mexico.

EVEN THOUGH the school district strictly prohibits students from being forced to say the American pledge of allegience?

LMFAO

I bet you think mexico and spanish are mutually exclusive dont you brainchild

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
LOL you mean punishing a student for not saying the pledge of allegience to Mexico in a SPANISH class that has nothing to do with mexico.

EVEN THOUGH the school district strictly prohibits students from being forced to say the American pledge of allegience?

LMFAO

I bet you think mexico and spanish are mutually exclusive dont you brainchild

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Why?  this not mexico its america.  If they don't like it GET THE FUCK OUT.