Author Topic: The Neo-Confederacy  (Read 287 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
The Neo-Confederacy
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:09:41 AM »

Mar 1, 2013

It’s Friday, ya bastids!

It looks like the rightwing has decided to deal with changing demographics by changing voting rights. And by “changing” I mean “eliminating.” The world the rightwing envisions will have the old white aristocracy still running things no matter how much they are outnumbered by non-whites. I think the technical term for that is “South Africa, 1982.” The Justices are looking for excuses to strike down the Voting Rights Act—besides the fact that it guarantees voting rights. They can’t say that reason out loud, although Antonin Scalia comes pretty close.

The sequester kicks in at the end of today. I guess that makes today Sequester Eve. On Sequester Eve, families will sit around the dinner table. The eldest child will ask the ritual question “Why is this night different from all other nights.” And the parents will answer “Because this is the last meal we’ll have where we can be sure that the meat was inspected.” Sequester Eve is the night that Santa Boehner gets into his sleigh and flies over every home in America, crapping on all of them. There are 8 days of Hanukkah, 7 days of Kwanza, and 12 days of Christmas—but there are unlimited days of Sequester! This can go on for as long as Republicans can drag it out.

John Boehner has halted talks on avoiding the sequester. There’s no sense in talking to him. You might as well be talking to a block of wood. That’s what it looks like when you’re talking to Boehner’s lacquered head anyway. He doesn’t want to hear anything about raising new revenue. So please don’t play any tape of him earlier, talking about raising new revenue.

On Sean Hannity’s show last night, Bob Woodward said the White House email that had put him into such a tizzy was code for “you better watch out.” Bob, when you look for threats to the public in policy decisions, you’re being a journalist. When you look for threats in everyday speech, you’re being paranoid.

!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: The Neo-Confederacy
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 04:02:44 PM »
Mar 1, 2013

It’s Friday, ya bastids!

It looks like the rightwing has decided to deal with changing demographics by changing voting rights. And by “changing” I mean “eliminating.” The world the rightwing envisions will have the old white aristocracy still running things no matter how much they are outnumbered by non-whites. I think the technical term for that is “South Africa, 1982.” The Justices are looking for excuses to strike down the Voting Rights Act—besides the fact that it guarantees voting rights. They can’t say that reason out loud, although Antonin Scalia comes pretty close.

The sequester kicks in at the end of today. I guess that makes today Sequester Eve. On Sequester Eve, families will sit around the dinner table. The eldest child will ask the ritual question “Why is this night different from all other nights.” And the parents will answer “Because this is the last meal we’ll have where we can be sure that the meat was inspected.” Sequester Eve is the night that Santa Boehner gets into his sleigh and flies over every home in America, crapping on all of them. There are 8 days of Hanukkah, 7 days of Kwanza, and 12 days of Christmas—but there are unlimited days of Sequester! This can go on for as long as Republicans can drag it out.

Scary thing is people don't trust American products as it is. This is most definitely going to hurt exports.

John Boehner has halted talks on avoiding the sequester. There’s no sense in talking to him. You might as well be talking to a block of wood. That’s what it looks like when you’re talking to Boehner’s lacquered head anyway. He doesn’t want to hear anything about raising new revenue. So please don’t play any tape of him earlier, talking about raising new revenue.

On Sean Hannity’s show last night, Bob Woodward said the White House email that had put him into such a tizzy was code for “you better watch out.” Bob, when you look for threats to the public in policy decisions, you’re being a journalist. When you look for threats in everyday speech, you’re being paranoid.

I don't know whether to laugh at y'all, or cry for y'all.

w