Author Topic: Arnold Named Executive Editor Of Muscle & Fitness and Flex  (Read 892 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Arnold Named Executive Editor Of Muscle & Fitness and Flex
« on: March 02, 2013, 05:37:46 AM »
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ami-announces-editorial-partnership-arnold-170000723.html

NEW YORK, March 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- David J. Pecker, Chairman, President and CEO of American Media, Inc. (AMI), announced today that Arnold Schwarzenegger will again join forces with AMI as Group Executive Editor for Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazines. Schwarzenegger, who won bodybuilding's top contest, the Mr. Olympia, seven times, and is the youngest man to win the Mr. Universe title, returns to AMI in the position he held before becoming Governor of California in 2003.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, a worldwide box office star and former governor of California, will bring his nearly 50 years of experience as a competitor and fitness authority to Muscle & Fitness and Flex, by way of both strategic and creative input, as well as contributing monthly columns to the magazines and their respective websites. Schwarzenegger's relationship with Muscle & Fitness and Flex spans back to 1968 when its founder, Joe Weider tapped the then-21-year-old to be the face of bodybuilding. Since that time, Schwarzenegger has appeared on the magazines' covers more than 60 times.

"AMI is thrilled to have Arnold Schwarzenegger bring his expertise back home to our category-leading mastheads," said David J. Pecker. "He is a universally recognized star, and an iconic leader of the fitness movement. His contributions will enormously benefit our print and digital readers, while driving value for our advertisers."

Arnold Schwarzenegger is equally enthusiastic about his return to the magazines founded by his mentor, Weider. "It was in these magazines that I found the spark that inspired me to start lifting weights, and eventually move to America and realize my dreams, and I'm proud to return as Executive Editor," said Schwarzenegger. "Bodybuilding has always been part of my life, and I know Muscle & Fitness and Flex will continue to motivate others - as it did me - to lift weights and lead a healthy lifestyle, promote the sport of bodybuilding, and, as Joe used to say in every issue, 'exceed themselves'."

While Arnold Schwarzenegger has been a global icon for the past three decades, he's always been able to reach his audiences on a personal level, thanks to the broad range of his charitable work, including that as coach and international torchbearer for the Special Olympics. "The AMI readership can relate to him both as a symbol of giving, and as a world class authority on physical fitness and training," said David J. Pecker, Chairman, President and CEO of American Media, Inc. "It is a relationship we are proud to re-establish."..

Anglo

• Getbig IV
Re: AMI Announces Editorial Partnership with Arnold
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »
great news

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: AMI Announces Editorial Partnership with Arnold
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »

TrueGrit

• Getbig V