Author Topic: Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone  (Read 4159 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
sorry but I think she is full of shit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/04/boston-woman-has-gym-membership-revoked-for-talking-on-cell-phone/?test=latestnews

Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone

Published March 04, 2013

A Boston woman says her gym membership was revoked after the facility's "aggressive" manager caught her taking a phone call while on the elliptical.

The Boston Herald reports Tina Santoro Asmar claims she received an unexpected call from her doctor while on the machine at the Planet Fitness where she is a member, and answered the call without stepping off.

She says while she was talking, she was approached by the "very threatening" manager, who told her to get off the phone or risk losing her membership. Asmar tells MyFoxBoston.com she was taken aback by the manager's "very threatening behavior."

"The Planet Fitness manager's reaction was extremely aggressive and threatening," she said in a statement. "It scared me. No one deserves to be spoken to in this manner. I spent two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response."

She added that she did not want to leave the workout area to take the call because her iPad was hooked up to the elliptical.

However, club co-owner Brian Kablik claims Asmar was the one acting belligerent.

“This is a member that’s had repeated issues and incidents with cell phone use,” Kablik told The Boston Herald. “I can assure you that our manager would not be treating a member poorly. Her reaction, when she was approached in a professional way, was extremely unprofessional and rude and dismissive.”

Planet Fitness is known for having a strict no cell phone rule in their workout areas, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:37:20 AM »
I may have to check this place out. So far, so good. They don't approve of juiced up posers and dislike cell phone douches. I applaud them. Even the lunk alarm is fine, unless you're dead lifting over 4 plates...otherwise you put down that weight properly. Nothing worse than watching some poser slam his monster rack of 180lbs on lat pull downs.
N

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:06 AM »
I may have to check this place out. So far, so good. They don't approve of juiced up posers and dislike cell phone douches. I applaud them. Even the lunk alarm is fine, unless you're dead lifting over 4 plates...otherwise you put down that weight properly. Nothing worse than watching some poser slam his monster rack of 180lbs on lat pull downs.

LA Fitness isn't for you, buddy. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »

I got kicked out after benching over 315.

The place sucks 

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
sorry but I think she is full of shit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/04/boston-woman-has-gym-membership-revoked-for-talking-on-cell-phone/?test=latestnews

Boston woman has gym membership revoked for talking on cell phone

Published March 04, 2013

A Boston woman says her gym membership was revoked after the facility's "aggressive" manager caught her taking a phone call while on the elliptical.

The Boston Herald reports Tina Santoro Asmar claims she received an unexpected call from her doctor while on the machine at the Planet Fitness where she is a member, and answered the call without stepping off.

She says while she was talking, she was approached by the "very threatening" manager, who told her to get off the phone or risk losing her membership. Asmar tells MyFoxBoston.com she was taken aback by the manager's "very threatening behavior."

"The Planet Fitness manager's reaction was extremely aggressive and threatening," she said in a statement. "It scared me. No one deserves to be spoken to in this manner. I spent two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response."

She added that she did not want to leave the workout area to take the call because her iPad was hooked up to the elliptical.

However, club co-owner Brian Kablik claims Asmar was the one acting belligerent.

“This is a member that’s had repeated issues and incidents with cell phone use,” Kablik told The Boston Herald. “I can assure you that our manager would not be treating a member poorly. Her reaction, when she was approached in a professional way, was extremely unprofessional and rude and dismissive.”

Planet Fitness is known for having a strict no cell phone rule in their workout areas, MyFoxBoston.com reports.

What she isn't admitting is she is probably talking on her cell every damn time she is in the gym, babbling away, oblivious to how loud and distracting she is being.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
So that's all it takes to get out of a gym contract!??? Awesome

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 08:19:23 AM »
What she isn't admitting is she is probably talking on her cell every damn time she is in the gym, babbling away, oblivious to how loud and distracting she is being.

Or possibly not paying attention and likely to fall off and then get injured and sue the gym. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »
are PF members allowed to use their cell phones to text, or listen to music on them?   Is it just a "no TALKING' policy?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »

The place sucks 

I'm surprised Planet Witless even had enough weight for you to lift that much.

Anyone remember the "Roid Rage" video of the guy flipping out there? He had the right idea.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »
I'm surprised Planet Witless even had enough weight for you to lift that much.

Anyone remember the "Roid Rage" video of the guy flipping out there? He had the right idea.
After that they got rid of all dumbbells over 45lbs from what im told

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 09:01:41 AM »

Outed.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

Place sucks, no bells over 75 lbs, deadlifting isnt allowed at PF..

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »
Place sucks, no bells over 75 lbs, deadlifting isnt allowed at PF..

i'd like to see a video where a jacked bodybuilder attends Planet fitness and does the following...

Quietly uses the 20 pound dumbbells for incline bench press.

Completes DB shrugs with a 70 and a 75 pound dumbbell in each hand.

Lifts quietly and politely, but profusely drops protein farts nonstop.

Pulls the Lunk Alarm on fat housewives nonstop for small infractions.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 10:17:27 AM »
Threatening behavior....BUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUULSHIT!!  ::)

Bitch was told to get off the phone and started talking back, I guarantee you that.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »
i bet she talks like peter Griffin

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »
i bet she talks like peter Griffin

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »
Threatening behavior....BUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUULSHIT!!  ::)

Bitch was told to get off the phone and started talking back, I guarantee you that.
no, it's just a stupid pseudo-gym called planet fitness. They only want phantom members. If you actually god forbid make a habit of workout, they will try anything to kick you out. So you don't influence the others, or cause normal wear and tear on the machines.
A

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 11:32:47 AM »

The place sucks 
were u yelling or something or just because of the amount of weights?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
i'd like to see a video where a jacked bodybuilder attends Planet fitness and does the following...

Quietly uses the 20 pound dumbbells for incline bench press.

Completes DB shrugs with a 70 and a 75 pound dumbbell in each hand.

Lifts quietly and politely, but profusely drops protein farts nonstop.

Pulls the Lunk Alarm on fat housewives nonstop for small infractions.

:)

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
if any of you likes bosnian women i no of a city that has thousands of bosnian women and many of them are single and ready to marry

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »

I would hit this thick middle-aged Latino ho with the full 6.2", she could talk on her cellphone concurrently if she wished.

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 11:53:53 AM »
oh, i read bosnian woman not boston woman

bosnian women are really pretty and i no a secret city near my town were there are beautiful bosnian women who are ready to marry

they dont really talk to me tho i think because i dont make enough money to give them the nicer things in life they want like fancy dinners and expensive clothing and parfumes

or maybe its because i'm balding i dont really no

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »
Ya no shit her side of the story is clearly bullshit beyond belief, anyone can tell she is lying ''call from doctor''  ::)    ;, what a loser, she got what she deserved